What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarhead

Reaction score
That’s a nice clean black KK. :cool:
I thinks it’s spent its life garaged majority of the time. Biggest concern is that it came from Illinois and has significant underbody rust issues at the pinch welds. I could feel it crunching as I tightened bolts for the nerf bars.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can anyone find someplace that beats amazon for ATF+4?
$94.48 a 12 case of actual MOPAR ATF+4, delivered.
granted in 2021 that same case was $69.30 shipped, but this is end of times :D
Walmart has stopped selling house brand ATF+4 I've noticed.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know how you can beat that for Mopar. Valvoline ATF+4 is about 18% cheaper at Rock Auto, but then you have to pay for shipping. You can always find a 5% off coupon code for RA though.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have a "fleet" of vehicles. There's always something. And just when you're getting on top of one, something gives on another. I find myself trying to predict the future and prioritize.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know how you can beat that for Mopar. Valvoline ATF+4 is about 18% cheaper at Rock Auto, but then you have to pay for shipping. You can always find a 5% off coupon code for RA though.

I know. I was shocked the last time that MOPAR branded ATF+4 was cheaper even than house Walmart. Now wally world doesn't even have it, and every other brand everywhere else is more expensive.

Am kind of wishing I was more clairvoyant and had bought more than 1 case back in 2021. But then if I was I'd either be PhD'd with WAY too much stuff, or I could be massively wealthy with all the buy low sell high moves I could have made. :D

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dynamatted my 67 restomod bug back in the day. the added weight became an issue and it did little to reduce noise. Ended up ripping it all out
How much dynmat did you use? So far i only have the 36cubic feet package installed on the bottom I only need a little more to finish, but it doesnt seem to be that heavy to cause issues.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
not really jeep related, but took Bluebert to what we call "Sausage Fest" where we eat meat and ride bikes. Fathers and sons this time, with the motto "you can't hang if you ain't got a wang". Good times with our boys and bro's!

Megalodon

Reaction score
Am in the middle of trying to replace the leaky rtv on my front diff cover. Had no problem until I got to the lower control arm front cam bolt. The nut came off easy, but the cam bolt wont come out. I've soaked overnight with wd-40, hammered, raised, lowered, the bolt wont even turn with my impact driver. Any ideas would be appreciated.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep soaking, maybe put some heat on it. The impact probably just bounces if it's seized in the bushing. Get the longest breaker bar you can and lean on it. You may have to cut it out and replace it and the bushing if all else fails.

Megalodon

Reaction score
Keep soaking, maybe put some heat on it. The impact probably just bounces if it's seized in the bushing. Get the longest breaker bar you can and lean on it. You may have to cut it out and replace it and the bushing if all else fails.
Ugh. Gotta love the engineering. If it weren't for that one support bolt, this would have been a 30 minute job. Thanks for the help.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
not really jeep related, but took Bluebert to what we call "Sausage Fest" where we eat meat and ride bikes. Fathers and sons this time, with the motto "you can't hang if you ain't got a wang". Good times with our boys and bro's!
I think you easily hold the record for "most bikes hanging off the back of a Liberty". Sounds like a great time!

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Gotta love the engineering. If it weren't for that one support bolt, this would have been a 30 minute job. Thanks for the help.
I had this same thing happen with a clevis/LCA bolt. The only way was to cut it out. I used a cutoff wheel and then damaged the LCA, which led to me having to replace the whole LCA. I would recommend a sawzall instead, with a Milwaukee “the Torch” blade (or two). It’s much easier to control so you don’t damage adjacent things.

Megalodon

Reaction score
I had this same thing happen with a clevis/LCA bolt. The only way was to cut it out. I used a cutoff wheel and then damaged the LCA, which led to me having to replace the whole LCA. I would recommend a sawzall instead, with a Milwaukee “the Torch” blade (or two). It’s much easier to control so you don’t damage adjacent things.
Nice. I wonder which bolt is easier to cut, the cam bolt or the support bracket bolt. Might as well do the easier of the two.

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
Another (largely) fruitless weekend under the back if the KJ.

Managed to get my head into a previously unexplored space behind the axle (glad I hadn't removed the wheels, as really needed the right one to support the back of my head) & finally could see the clamp had opened once I'd removed the pinchbolt. Can't find anything to open it up though & the pin isn't interested in coming out. Looks like I'll have to tackle removing the clamp from the diff - & really not looking forward to that.

Turned my attention to the brakes (as all the parts arrived Friday & Saturday) none of my flare wrenches are right right size, which I now know is 12mm, only got a stubby open-ender, so started shopping on-line I found a reasonably priced ratchetting flare wrench - never knew there was such a thing - so should have that for next weekend. Also ordering a new chef's blowtorch, I deal for things like brake lines. Didn't really want another that you refill with lighter gas, although their size is perfect for confined spaces, & found one that'll fill the butane cannister I bought years ago for something else.

Jeepica

Reaction score
This should be a great thread that we can keep going. That way we can all keep up with the small day to day tinkering and give some ideas to those looking to do something! Pics are strongly encouraged!!! (Cheers)
Flushed the coolant tank, flushed the heater core, replaced a few fuses and cleaned the engine block.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
dude someone put one of those 7-up bike racks on a libby? I'm impressed!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not an auto trannie guy, but is there a DIY way of doing a more complete fluid change than just pan and filter? one that's not too stupid?

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude someone put one of those 7-up bike racks on a libby? I'm impressed!
My rack carries only 6, but that's still more than the number of seats. My rack is also the predecessor to many of these racks we see running around these days.