What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost rolled it…

I was returning my trailer to the back garage. I went and picked up my four wheeler (2003 Honda Rincon 650) from my parents’ house. It towed just fine. I need to make a regular tailgate for the trailer for when I’m hauling garbage and other things that sized. The ramp stands up and acts as a sail and holds me back.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
"And ye shall know my travels by the flash flooding and severe storms."

Norfolk side streets all flooded out this morning. Skipped the freeway for some urban off-road fun!

Aginst my best wishes, I did yank a swamped Subaru Outback from a flooded area...the had three kids i the vehicle with standing water up to the door handles. Bert to the Rescue!

Good thing I am wearing my quick-dry kayaking gear!

Rasfetch

Reaction score
Was sitting in the grocery store parking lot when the Jeep started overheating. It was chiming at me and I had no idea what was going on until I saw steam coming out of the hood. I immediately cranked off the engine. I thought about refilling it with coolant after letting it cool but I decided to pay to have towed about 2 miles to the mechanic that just replaced my radiator and thermostat and coolant. They warranty their parts and labor so I’m going to be pushing them ******* that. I cannot catch a break with this Jeep this summer.

Rasfetch

Reaction score
Heard back from the mechanic. The radiator fan died and wasn't kicking on which caused the car to overheat when sitting at idle. They want $574 for the repair but I can easily fix it myself with a $100 fan from AutoZone. The issue is that I can't move the car without getting another tow or I'd easily fix it myself. I can't decide if I want to sell it to a wrecker for $500 and have them get it from the shop or fix it in the shop's parking lot and drive it for the next week while I shop for a new car.

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
Heard back from the mechanic. The radiator fan died and wasn't kicking on which caused the car to overheat when sitting at idle. They want $574 for the repair but I can easily fix it myself with a $100 fan from AutoZone. The issue is that I can't move the car without getting another tow or I'd easily fix it myself. I can't decide if I want to sell it to a wrecker for $500 and have them get it from the shop or fix it in the shop's parking lot and drive it for the next week while I shop for a new car.
I know I'm always saying mine's only one job away from scrap but if you've just paid out for a new rad, etc perhaps you're being a bit hasty. If it's the fan not coming on, rather than not working, just hot-wire it where it stands & take it home. Although, with a bit of care/luck, you should be able to drive a couple of miles without it getting hot enough to trip the fan.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Greetings from Waterford, Pennsylvania!

Bert and I been chewing up the miles. Made PA via DC in record time. Met up with my son the first night, then got ******** wheeling the Allegheny National Forest for some old growth fun.
Been battling lake effect storms and flash flooding all along the way.
As is the norm, Bert does what Bert do, much to the chagrin of the Wrangler and Brodozer crowd.
I’ll share some photos when I have better bandwidth available.

Rasfetch

Reaction score
Well I sold her off yesterday
I know I'm always saying mine's only one job away from scrap but if you've just paid out for a new rad, etc perhaps you're being a bit hasty. If it's the fan not coming on, rather than not working, just hot-wire it where it stands & take it home. Although, with a bit of care/luck, you should be able to drive a couple of miles without it getting hot enough to trip the fan.
I get what you’re saying, but I also needed to replace the lower ball joints and the UCAs in the front. Plus the differential is going out on it. So it’s more of a combination of a lot of different things and this fan issue was the straw that broke the camels back.

I sold the Jeep yesterday to one of the technicians at the mechanic and bought this Pro 4x yesterday with very low miles.

So long fellow Jeepers! It’s been a fun couple of years and I’ve enjoyed the forum and y’all’s insights!

Attachments

• IMG_2406.jpeg
    IMG_2406.jpeg
    442.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2405.jpeg
    IMG_2405.jpeg
    487.6 KB · Views: 8

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Being able to sell, rather than scrap, does put a different complexion on it.
Not to mention the initial plan of our man Jack, which was to set it alight and shove it out in the street.*

It's good to have choices, I guess. :D

*(Glad you didn't actually do that, Jack!) ;)

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pulled the passenger rear window regulator completely out.
seems the cable has a dead spot in it.

I'm seeing two styles of regulators.
You must be registered for see images attach
that's mine

You must be registered for see images attach

then that one.
something tells me they're not actually interchageable?

Last edited: