What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Been touching up my armor a bit. Lots and lots of gravel strikes and tree branches tearing up the bedliner as intended over the last couple of years. Better that stuff gets damaged than the paint getting dunged and rusty.

In particular my glare guard on the hood was showing paint through. Finally found a use for that Spray Seal stuff where it actually works!

Yeah, I know the trailing edge needs a coat, is a little more difficult than the rest
You must be registered for see images attach

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Yeah, I know the trailing edge needs a coat, is a little more difficult than the rest
You must be registered for see images attach
Dab it on with a sponge. Or just use a permanent marker. I used a marker on rock chips on my freshly painted bicycle. Quick to do and it eases the eyesore. 11,000 Miles on the bike when I rebuilt it.

Rasfetch

Reaction score
Got the AC repaired this past weekend. I'm going to start looking for a new car/truck this month or next. Found some low mileage, used Nissan Frontiers that I'm going to take a look at.

Rasfetch

Reaction score
Easy to work on, reliable, and don't require thousands of dollars of repairs like my Jeep. I've got UCAs, lower ball joints, and a differential that need replacing so it's time to get rid of the Jeep. Just spent over $1k on a radiator repair and about $700 on an AC repair too.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Been driving around with Mr. Stihl helping the neighbors clean up storm damage and dragging trees out of the roads. Whole area got hammered right around sunrise. Lots of drought weakened stuff came down in the 70mph winds. As always Bert came through unscathed, as did my property. Lots of others not so lucky.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Another Slime Day deal: the fridge I use at the lowest price in quite a while. perfect for a 12 pack or 1-2 persons worth of perishable camping food. Ice Cube tray is touch and go- my only complaint. This unit also comes with a 120v adapter so you can run it in the house or from a generator/power pack.
The battery saver function has ensured Bert has never had a flat battery even after running this item for 12 hours in the Nevada desert heat. Very quiet too!

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
Easy to work on, reliable, and don't require thousands of dollars of repairs like my Jeep. I've got UCAs, lower ball joints, and a differential that need replacing so it's time to get rid of the Jeep. Just spent over $1k on a radiator repair and about $700 on an AC repair too.
What like KJ's are easy to work on? As I keep reading. Japanese vehicles do have an enviable reputation for reliability, matched only by the eye-watering cost of parts when they are needed & (for the most part) being bland & boring.

If I it was ever going to cost more than a couple of hundred to fix my KJ it'll get weighed in for scrap, because it's just not worth spending such a high proportion of its value on it. Can't think of another Jeep I'd want at a price I'd be prepared to spend & I just can't see the point in having anything else, so I suppose I'll lavish all my time, effort & (some) money on my XJ's.

Fortunately I don't have to be hampered by such considerations as practicality, logic or even common sense, &, yes, in that respect, I am lucky.

Latest posts

Members online