What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you Plasti Dip it?

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires are on! However, the guy didn’t pay attention to my sheet and installed the tires white letter out… Oh well. They will get swapped around when I go back for a balance and rotate.
They usually don't dismount and remount tires on the wheel for a rotation. I'd go back sooner rather than later. And just have them switch them now.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They usually don't dismount and remount tires on the wheel for a rotation. I'd go back sooner rather than later. And just have them switch them now.
They’ll have to rebalance everything anyways, and I don’t have time to do it this week or next. I got the manager to write it out on my tire slip, so it should be good.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured out why my trailer lights don’t work properly (mostly). The yahoo who installed the T splice kit did not loom or tape the wires, and the insulation wore through over time. This must have shorted somewhere, because the right turn signal has always been too dim to see. So, I cut the adaptor out and spliced the wires in. In this current state, the brake lights will not work, but everything else works flawlessly. It’ll work until I’m able to get a new kit. It’ll do for dump runs down the road, but it’s gonna have to be fixed before I go any distance with it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Got the new lights installed, sort of...

The Crime Day deal I got on some nice, much brighter NiLight six cell spots ( I have nothing bad to say about NiLight, contrary to other folks) replaced the smaller ones I had mounted as rock lights. Moved those to the back as work spots as I destroyed the other two on a low hanging tree branch cleaning up storm damage.

Screwed up somewhere on the rear work lights wiring. Too hot and smoky here to mess with it more today. Did rearrange things to better use my Roadhouse tarp and such.

Also adjusted my cross bars and roof rack after some much needed maintenance and repair.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had NiLight with some success. I'd rather mourn a cheap light set for five minutes than bust up a $150 name brand set and be ticked off the rest of my life.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I've had NiLight with some success. I'd rather mourn a cheap light set for five minutes than bust up a $150 name brand set and be ticked off the rest of my life.
Agreed, though my 42" bar and top front spots are Oz, and they are incredibly good. My work and rock lights were Scamazon flash deal no names- they worked, but weren't very bright to start. At the time it was what I could afford. As I have phased in NiLights things have gotten much brighter.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, though my 42" bar and top front spots are Oz, and they are incredibly good. My work and rock lights were Scamazon flash deal no names- they worked, but weren't very bright to start. At the time it was what I could afford. As I have phased in NiLights things have gotten much brighter.
Glad to hear the Oz-USA lighting equipment is holding up and is nice and bright. :cool:

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Glad to hear the Oz-USA lighting equipment is holding up and is nice and bright. :cool:
Every night flying insect for a 180 degree radius around a kilometer away is drawn to Bert's mobile light trap... Keeps those entomologists drowning in specimens! Just last night I was visited by an Emperor, Four Cecropia, and an exceedingly rare Luna moth. I made a 420nm filter for the 42" that really drags in the beetles too!

Sometimes I even use 'em for night driving on the whitetail infested corn grid too. LOL