profdlp's 2007 Liberty Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the rims and the emblems dipped today. Rotated the tires while I was at it. Pictures coming tomorrow if my poor sore back cooperates.

Short verdict: Rims look good but I made one minor mistake which can be remedied with a quick touch-up. The emblems look great, though the front now says "P-E-J-E" and the back says "4-4-x". Oh, and I also now have a "7.3", so that's good. Dang it, Luke. :icon_twisted:

(Actually, I did them in place. I think they turned out quite nice, though I'll leave it to the rest of you to decide once I get the pictures posted.) ;)

What's a sore back have to do with posting pictures? It isn't like you have to lift them out of a crate! Hmmm guessing you need time to find pics of plasti dipped jeep lettering on the internet:whip::buttkick:

JK lol

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
What's a sore back have to do with posting pictures? It isn't like you have to lift them out of a crate!
The sun was going down. My "three-hour job" took a little longer than expected, kinda like Gilligan's three-hour tour. :emotions34:

Hmmm guessing you need time to find pics of plasti dipped jeep lettering on the internet:whip::buttkick:
Someday we're going to meet in person, and when we do I'm going to say "Remember what you said to me back in July of '14? 'Cause I do!" :favorites68:

How big a boy are ya? We might get into it pretty good. :mexsmoke:

(Truthfully, I had to laugh at that one. Good shot!) :happy175:

Ha! You should switch to the 7.3! :D

At the rate I'm going, "7.3" will be the HP on my fancy new electric wheelchair. :blah:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sun was going down. My "three-hour job" took a little longer than expected, kinda like Gilligan's three-hour tour. :emotions34:

Someday we're going to meet in person, and when we do I'm going to say "Remember what you said to me back in July of '14? 'Cause I do!" :favorites68:

How big a boy are ya? We might get into it pretty good. :mexsmoke:

(Truthfully, I had to laugh at that one. Good shot!) :happy175:

At the rate I'm going, "7.3" will be the HP on my fancy new electric wheelchair. :blah:

All that workin out is whats makin your back hurt! How big a boy am I? To big to be messin with you with all the workouts your doing. Lol

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Moan...groan...whine...wail...cry...

...and it ain't because of my back, either. :favorites68:

We had a beautiful day today, though they said there was a slight chance of an afternoon shower. At one point I did actually feel a tiny little raindrop, then a few minutes later saw another little droplet hit the hood. Then the clouds passed over and the sun came out as bright as it got all day.

Just looked outside and it is absolutely pouring rain. No chance of rain tonight they said. Clear skies through Monday they said. I hope I don't end up having to peel the stuff back off and do it over. Of course it may just fall off on its own... :mad3:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looked outside and it is absolutely pouring rain. No chance of rain tonight they said. Clear skies through Monday they said. I hope I don't end up having to peel the stuff back off and do it over. Of course it may just fall off on its own... :mad3:

Don't you just love lake effect rain...? :thumbsdown:

These last couple of days have been downright goofy around NE Ohio - and the weather's been strange too :happy175::happy175:

Bob

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Fortunately, the rain didn't seem to cause any trouble.

I'm going to post some pictures here. Anyone think this is worth a more in-depth How-To?

Driver's Side:
You must be registered for see images attach

Girlfriend Side; Apply Within: POSITION FILLED!

Close Up:

Hood Badge:

Rear View - Can you spot my two mistakes:

Rear Left:

(Still need to pick a little stray PlastiDip out of the "JEEP" letters.)

Rear Right:

(Some people think Chief Wahoo is racist. They'll really like him now... ) :emotions34:

Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
You beat me to the punch line about the Chief :happy175:

Looks awesome brother! The stock wheels look much better black... but ya I see the spare lug fiasco goin' on there :D

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...I see the spare lug fiasco goin' on there :D

That's one. See the other? ;)

One of the many YouTube PlastiDip "How-To" videos I watched showed I guy who did the wheels while flat on the ground like I did but taped off the lug nuts and rested them in the lug holes. That way the areas where they make contact don't get dipped. When I bolted it back on it caught the dip and wanted to "unscrew" it as I tightened it down.

My spare tire is an oddball (right size, slightly different style) and I used it as the guinea pig, figuring it was the easiest to do over if I messed up since I would have to jack up the Jeep to get to it. I've got another little project (maybe tomorrow) and will touch it up them.

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! For a second there I had flashbacks to about 7 months ago, as it looks just like mine did.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks great! For a second there I had flashbacks to about 7 months ago, as it looks just like mine did.

I had to go back through your thread and watch the evolution of your Jeep, seeing how ours started out as twins. You've done a nice job with it. :cheers:

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oooohhhh...me likey! Nice job! Hmmm...now that I look, I think my plasti-chrome is starting to look funky, too... Great...another project for me to add to the list! :p

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
My "chrome" was fine, though I like it better the way I've done it now. The thing that surprised me is how many little nicks I found on the rims when I actually had the tires off and was cleaning them up. They're coming up on eight years old now and I suspect that Carmax may have touched them up a little before I bought the Jeep last year.

By the way - anyone spot my second mistake? Luke got the first one in no time. :)

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Porkchop is our second winner! :waytogo:

I must have watched ten PlastiDip "How-To's" where they didn't mask off the tire but just peeled the excess off afterward. That's what I did for the badges and it worked a treat. (Except for the two "e's" in Jeep on the back, but a toothpick will get that.) You can't notice it on any of the other tires, but my spare has the white "Wrangler" lettering and it really stands out. I'm going to try to dip over the thing completely since I never liked the white lettering to begin with.

Last edited:

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to go back through your thread and watch the evolution of your Jeep, seeing how ours started out as twins. You've done a nice job with it. :cheers:

Thanks, appreciate it! There is something about the Jeep Green and black/gunmetal that looks awesome. Nice work with yours too!