What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As promised, here's the pictures
You must be registered for see images attach
started by removing clips, this one is right next to the oil pan. After I broke it out it's easy to see that it unclips on top and would hinge open, oh well, zipties will fixed it. The other clip is right under the lower radiator hose and easy to deal with.
after the clips were out I removed the air filter box and held the hard-line with left hand below the thermostat and flexed it up while cutting the crimp with a oscillating saw. Pried the crimp open and slide it of. Then I removed the hard line from the cooler and wiggled it out with the remaining hose. Cut that off the same way. Cleaned stuff up, got new hose and reassembled with 2, 1/2 inch pex pinch clamps per side, one just behind the flare tip of the hard-line and a second for good measure.
truly a much easier job than expected and I lost very little atf with the front end up on ramps.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove to my continuing ed class yesterday, and it was bitter cold and windy. Maybe -25F before wind chill, in the morning. It warmed up to -2F. Many cars/trucks would not start after the 8 hour class, but mine fired right up!

Btownpreacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my CRD to a shop to get a tire alignment on Thursday, and it died at the shop. first they said it an out of fuel (impossible, had 3/4 tank when I dropped it off), then they said that it died when they drove it over the speed bump outside the front of the shop. It cranks fine, same as usual, but there is no indication of starting. I tried all afternoon to get it going, and when the battery finally started dying, I towed it to the shop that I work at. my manager used our shop computer to pull the codes; he printed the sheet, cleared the codes and then printed out the ones that came back right away. I had 22 codes the first time, 17 the second. Lots of them are for a low circuit in various ECM systems. There was a booster pack on the battery when the codes were retrieved. I'm not getting any fuel pressure at the fuel filter, and there's only a little pressure on the rail when I crank the engine. The SKIS system light is on but I don't know how that plays in. Any ideas?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the first obvious one: when was the battery last replaced?

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went for groceries today. When I got back, I got hit with the smell of burnt brakes. Rear left was hot. I’ll have to check it out further tomorrow. Maybe it’s a stuck pin.

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started building a sub box for the back - I have had this old 10" MTX sub a friend gave me years ago that has been in my garage system, but thought it would be nice to have some bump while driving to work :p

Erskine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having spent the weekend ripping my front brakes apart, replacing everything that hasnt already been replaced in pursuit of ridding my CRD of the wobble of doom, failing to, ripping everything apart again, cleaning mating surfaces etc etc to no avail. And repeat. Multiple times. Took it down to my garage so it could go on the ramp and start barring the suspension to find where the play was coming from. My mechanic was turning the wheels and paused, said hang on a mo, feel this part of the tyre is convex, now feel this section is concave! Boosh! Picked up a new pair of tyres to match the new ones on the back today, and I'm pleased to say Mr Wobble has left the house, he has shimmied up the curtain to join the choir invisible. The wobble of doom is no more.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having spent the weekend ripping my front brakes apart, replacing everything that hasnt already been replaced in pursuit of ridding my CRD of the wobble of doom, failing to, ripping everything apart again, cleaning mating surfaces etc etc to no avail. And repeat. Multiple times. Took it down to my garage so it could go on the ramp and start barring the suspension to find where the play was coming from. My mechanic was turning the wheels and paused, said hang on a mo, feel this part of the tyre is convex, now feel this section is concave! Boosh! Picked up a new pair of tyres to match the new ones on the back today, and I'm pleased to say Mr Wobble has left the house, he has shimmied up the curtain to join the choir invisible. The wobble of doom is no more.
Out of round tire will do that.
You don't see it often, but when you do you won't forget it.
I had one (not on the jeep) that had a separated belt sufficiently that at idle in 1st gear the steering wheel would rotate 20 degrees clockwise then re-center, as the tire rotated.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brake issue came back, so I bought a nee caliper. It seems the real culprit is the parking brake lever on the passenger side. It rusted in the partially on setting. I’m soaking it in PB Blaster tonight, I’ll throw some heat at it tomorrow, if needed. Worse case scenario, I put it back together without the park brake shoes and hit it again next weekend.

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Busy day today - installed the amp for my sub, put a new set of door speakers in, and installed a Dynomax muffler.

Latest posts

Members online