What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
(Sunday, and again today)

Rented a 5' x 8' trailer at U-Haul to move some furniture. Managed to get turned around so I could get out even though I was limited to a turning area equal to a 25' wide garage. Once I had made it (and hadn't broken anything!) my testosterone levels increased substantially both times.

I brought some stuff up from Virginia several years ago and was exhausted after the 400 mile trip. Got done unloading it about midnight and said screw it, unhooked the trailer, then turned it around by hand because I was too tired to mess with it.

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Windshield air cowling removed for inspection, been at least 5 years since the last time I was in there.
Air intake now cleaner, less dirt, no critters found !:)

Looks great, nice and clean! I was going to ask about you getting those wiper arms off, but I see the good ol anti-sneeze on there ;).

I took mine apart about a year and a half ago. One side I removed with a hammer, the other required a puller but was an excuse to buy a cheap set of the 3 arm pullers rather than just getting the dedicated wiper puller.

I love finding excuses to justify new tool purchases lol. This reminds me to take mine back apart to check it all out, buy some of the copper goop and put it on there!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya I used a wooden wedge and small pry bar and voilla it pops off!
One of the splash shield top pins went flying away into the abyss..Could not find it !
Should be able to order one from dealer..

Attachments

• Cowling  PIN MIA.jpg
    Cowling PIN MIA.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Cowling Top Pin Gone.jpg
    Cowling Top Pin Gone.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 11

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
positive attitude tom as always ;)

we can agree to disagree on that one. :p
They are bad due to being in channel and put extra pressure on the window and motor
trust me I have seen it many times
AND I AM POSITIVE ON THAT LOL

Reactions: JRB

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are bad due to being in channel and put extra pressure on the window and motor
trust me I have seen it many times
AND I AM POSITIVE ON THAT LOL

I am about to find out with my kj :)

I've had them on a chevy s-10 and 1500, ram 1500, nissan frontier and two of my mom's toyotas and other family members with great success.

Like a stiff new leather, I do a break in. I heat up the window rubber before initial install, hand assist the window seating a few times, leave them closed for at least a couple days in the florida sun or heat gun again.

But the two jeeps i've owned before were manual windows, and I've never owned a vehicle with such problematic power windows (based on my reading here), so time will tell how rough this will be lol!

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taped up my left Rear window glass as I suddenly experienced the dreaded "Window Regulator" issue that causes the window to drop down!:oops:

After 20 years of not having this problem, I always wondered how come I was spared!

I think that it was probably shaken by hitting a large pothole....those rear windows seldom get operated!

I have downloaded the Steiger Performance instructions on how to fit their Kit and will get onto their website to see if they can ship me the Metal Bracket to replace my broken Plastic Bracket! This could take a while for it to arrive here in South Africa but there is no hurry...my rear seats seldom get occupied!

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prepped to address a P2308 code...grabbed the new set of spark plugs and ignition coils I had on the shelf, lugged the tools up from the basement. Popped the hood and checked the wires..SNAP, problem solved. The connector came loose from 2 weeks ago when I replaced the ignition coil...must not have fully snapped it in place. Best feeling of relief I have had in a while..running like a watch again

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taped up my left Rear window glass as I suddenly experienced the dreaded "Window Regulator" issue that causes the window to drop down!:oops:

After 20 years of not having this problem, I always wondered how come I was spared!

I think that it was probably shaken by hitting a large pothole....those rear windows seldom get operated!

I have downloaded the Steiger Performance instructions on how to fit their Kit and will get onto their website to see if they can ship me the Metal Bracket to replace my broken Plastic Bracket! This could take a while for it to arrive here in South Africa but there is no hurry...my rear seats seldom get occupied!
I got these brackets of Amazon for much less, worth a look. Not steiger brand.

basist81

Reaction score
installed wheels with quite an offset couple of months ago.
it already wore out the Moog wheel hub (which was installed last year).

are KK and KJ hubs the same? i saw there are a lot more KK options...
and does anyone has a recommendation for hubs manufacturer? i'm kinda disappointed in Moog...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am about to find out with my kj :)

I've had them on a chevy s-10 and 1500, ram 1500, nissan frontier and two of my mom's toyotas and other family members with great success.

Like a stiff new leather, I do a break in. I heat up the window rubber before initial install, hand assist the window seating a few times, leave them closed for at least a couple days in the florida sun or heat gun again.

But the two jeeps i've owned before were manual windows, and I've never owned a vehicle with such problematic power windows (based on my reading here), so time will tell how rough this will be lol!
But never a KJ so moot point
I just love it when you try to steer someone in the right direction after working/ owning KJs for almost 20 years , been on several forums, worked on the windows of several who had installed in channels and then someone disagrees without any knowledge at all
This is suppose to be a forum to share and help newbies etc on various issues
But go ahead and waste money, its not coming out of my pocket, you'll know in 5-6 months or so LMAO

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
installed wheels with quite an offset couple of months ago.
it already wore out the Moog wheel hub (which was installed last year).

are KK and KJ hubs the same? i saw there are a lot more KK options...
and does anyone has a recommendation for hubs manufacturer? i'm kinda disappointed in Moog...
WHEN Lifted , wheels 7 inch wide and 4 inch backspacing , then replace wheel bearing/hubs

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But never a KJ so moot point
I just love it when you try to steer someone in the right direction after working/ owning KJs for almost 20 years , been on several forums, worked on the windows of several who had installed in channels and then someone disagrees without any knowledge at all
This is suppose to be a forum to share and help newbies etc on various issues
But go ahead and waste money, its not coming out of my pocket, you'll know in 5-6 months or so LMAO
I didn't see much steering, your first comment to me was their product is terrible. :)
My "without any knowledge at all" point was I've used them with success the last couple decades on many vehicles both personally, with family, and a shop I worked for.
They may not work well with the kj but that won't be mine or weather techs fault, it would be that jeep designed the window motor and regulator assembly like pooopy junk. ;)

They are on though, I'll include the disclaimer that these are not tommudd approved!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had those on my Jeep since about 2014 and they are doing fine for me.

Good to hear! My install went smooth, cleaned everything well, I rolled the windows up slowly with my hand assisting just in case of binding but they were okay. Up and down 3 times after that slowly to make sure no binding. Directions said wait 24 hours to roll down windows, but I'll wait 3 days, I'm in no rush.

Tom, if it came across that I was saying I knew more about kj's I wasn't going for that. I'm only about 1.5 years into having one, and constantly learning thanks to all the members on this site that contribute to that. :D

I'm not new to vehicles in general though, and can understand and further learn mechanical and electrical systems. So I might roll the dice and try some things that aren't for everyone, but are still somewhat within reason. Variety is the spice of life! :)

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Self-Driving Jeep Liberty!!!

According to the Build Sheet, today is my Jeep's 16th birthday. Now that she is old enough for a driver's license I think I'll just let her take care of things so I can take it easy in the back seat like a boss.

Latest posts

Members online