What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Drove it to Tractor Supply to pick up some wood pellets for my pellet stove. I had to empty all the stuff out to have room for them. Jeep felt like it was bouncing around like crazy without all the stuff in the back. The trip back with 800 lbs. of pellets felt "normal". Made me feel a lot better - I thought maybe I'd busted a shock.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Drove it to Tractor Supply to pick up some wood pellets for my pellet stove. I had to empty all the stuff out to have room for them. Jeep felt like it was bouncing around like crazy without all the stuff in the back. The trip back with 800 lbs. of pellets felt "normal". Made me feel a lot better - I thought maybe I'd busted a shock.
When I empty all my tools, winter clothes, blankets, extra parts etc all out of mine sort of feels the same way
Get used to that extra weight for sure

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it to Tractor Supply to pick up some wood pellets for my pellet stove. I had to empty all the stuff out to have room for them. Jeep felt
like it was bouncing around like crazy without all the stuff in the back. The trip back with 800 lbs. of pellets felt "normal". Made me feel a lot better - I thought maybe I'd busted a shock.

800#? lightweight. :D

You must be registered for see images attach

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gremlins.

Took Carlos Warpug to the dog park and as soon as I fired Bert up OG get “bing” and the display reads gascap.

Was fine yesterday.
I have Gremlins from the same Clan over here. Gonna have to have someone try and smoke them out next.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I see they have handicapped license plates. Probably got disabled by having the **** beat out of them by all the other Liberty owners.
And the censored word was c r @ p. Of course, the censoring system makes it look much worse.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I have Gremlins from the same Clan over here. Gonna have to have someone try and smoke them out next.
I had the fuel burp magically appears last month. Then this yesterday. I suspect the evap canister. Too cold to troubleshoot right now.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Well, it ain’t the gascap. Oh the joys of replacing the fuel evap system…

Good news is the warranty sway bar links arrived today and the weather is magic.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been trying to make my "gascap" code go away for two years. Sometimes it clears and stays off for weeks and weeks, but it always comes back.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I've been trying to make my "gascap" code go away for two years. Sometimes it clears and stays off for weeks and weeks, but it always comes back.
Yeah, was reading up on it and given my mileage and the amount of limestone dust I deal with, it’s likely Tim to put a fresh canister in. I’ll test the solenoid valve when the weather is stable. I gotta go sample non vascular plants for botany today.

WyldWolf777

Reaction score
This should be a great thread that we can keep going. That way we can all keep up with the small day to day tinkering and give some ideas to those looking to do something! Pics are strongly encouraged!!! (Cheers)
Installed a new sound system

basist81

Reaction score
Q for the experts -
spark plugs - NGK/Denso/Bosch? Irridium/Platinum/copper?

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Those Libertys with all the trinkets are cool in their own way
Toledo ( OHIO ) used to have a meet of those kind of vehicles every year
Was neat to see what the owners could come up with
I have seen worse on some Jeep Liberty sites over the years, of what owners did , without the trinkets , so there is that .......................
Aye, they call them "art cars".

Beauty (and taste) is in the eye of the beer-holder.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Q for the experts -
spark plugs - NGK/Denso/Bosch? Irridium/Platinum/copper?
NGK Copper. Change every 30-35k per Mr. Mudd and others. Hoping I can replace plugs this Friday myself.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
So, been reading up on this system har.dcor.e thanks to a bout of rather useful insomnia.
Came up with a troubleshooting check list in order of most likely (hopefully) failures:

NOTE: 06 KJ part numbers below, yours may differ.

1. Replace gas cap or get yours tested at auto parts store so equipped.
1b. Curse all of existence with plagues. Oh wait...disregard.
2. Inspect evap sys hoses for fitment and damage.
3. Verify battery charge status 13.4 =/- 1.5 at full charge.
3. Check seals on and/or replace evap canister. Mopar #04891562AA*
4. Check seals on and/or replace evap pump filter Mopar #05085164AA
5. Check seals on and/or replace evap pump/Natural Vacuum Leak Detector Mopar #04891525AB
6a. Cut wires on "bing" speaker and place electrical tape over display.
6b. If no to all of the above, convert to Catholicism and request an exorcism**.

*Discontinued by Mopar, third party aftermarket required OR Mopar has updated part# (I haven't bothered to cross reference yet)
** Only option as blood sacrifice is frowned upon.

Added bonus if Fuel Burp is present:
Inspect Vapor Tube #52128631AC, Clean Air Tube #52128645AA, and Fuel Filler Tube Assembly #52129234AC...just don't look at the price of the latter...

I got temps expected to hit 15C =/- today so I'm hot on this this afternoon.

Members online

No members online now.