What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Nice! :D Says the plant ecologist.

I don’t know the mosses and bryophytes nearly as well as the vascular species. Are you sampling lichens as well? (not actually a plant, I know)
I have a few dozen different tropical and Appalachian lichen I culture in house as Nebraska lichen are like the state- boring and homogenous! (99.9% crustose here). Liverworts and Hornworts are a personal specialty which I culture in house. The mosses I culture always go dormant only when I actually need them, so I end up harvesting some each year. Mostly though its an excuse to go hiking on the clock. ;)

I have the ferns tied down too as I collect them. My last name is the German for ferns so it is almost mandatory

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I need to have a sticker made of this. My under hood sticker is messed up, maybe from the weatherstrip rubbing against it.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
washed it.
and the sebring
and the stratus
insulated the high pressure hose from the power washer, so now it carries hot water all the way to the top, with 107F showing from the thermometer, from an inlet temp of about 44F. not bad for a 10kW tankless water heater.

Reactions: klc

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey.. who's stealing my running spark plug image?
Actually this one is better, as it clarifies the difference between KJ & KK spark plugs specs.

Here is a close up from the under hood label.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Hey.. who's stealing my running spark plug image?
Actually this one is better, as it clarifies the difference between KJ & KK spark plugs specs.

Here is a close up from the under hood label.
Guilty as charged! Pulled it from here as this was how I memorized the plugs when I first started out!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So, been reading up on this system har.dcor.e thanks to a bout of rather useful insomnia.
Came up with a troubleshooting check list in order of most likely (hopefully) failures:

NOTE: 06 KJ part numbers below, yours may differ.

1. Replace gas cap or get yours tested at auto parts store so equipped.
1b. Curse all of existence with plagues. Oh wait...disregard.
2. Inspect evap sys hoses for fitment and damage.
3. Verify battery charge status 13.4 =/- 1.5 at full charge.
3. Check seals on and/or replace evap canister. Mopar #04891562AA*
4. Check seals on and/or replace evap pump filter Mopar #05085164AA
5. Check seals on and/or replace evap pump/Natural Vacuum Leak Detector Mopar #04891525AB
6a. Cut wires on "bing" speaker and place electrical tape over display.
6b. If no to all of the above, convert to Catholicism and request an exorcism**.

*Discontinued by Mopar, third party aftermarket required OR Mopar has updated part# (I haven't bothered to cross reference yet)
** Only option as blood sacrifice is frowned upon.

Added bonus if Fuel Burp is present:
Inspect Vapor Tube #52128631AC, Clean Air Tube #52128645AA, and Fuel Filler Tube Assembly #52129234AC...just don't look at the price of the latter...

I got temps expected to hit 15C =/- today so I'm hot on this this afternoon.
Glad I have never had any issues like that with any of mine

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Glad I have never had any issues like that with any of mine
Turns out, it’s a pretty simple system to troubleshoot, relatively speaking. Solved my issue as per my previous photo. Slapped a little vacuum grease on the fittings and bob’s your uncle. Truth, I have no clue where the canister is…didn’t have to go that far.

Have spare gas cap now.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Killed my abs gremlins, finally.
Worked out as needed new brake calipers and lines anyway.

Was in fact a bad sensor…
But the saga:
Busted originals installing lift.
Replaced with Amazon parts. Driver good, passenger fails after 10 feet.
Bought expensive as heck Mopar sensor. Failed after 500ft.
Got a mid ranged Duralast from Autozone. Got money back for Amazon and Mopar.

Moral of story: this day and age brand and high price no necessarily better.

Mopar pictured below.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Moral of story: this day and age brand and high price no necessarily better.

Mopar pictured below.
in a few cases yes
But generally no
especially with so dang many places selling junk parts and advertising them as 1st rate products
Next thing they will start selling cheaper bl ow up dolls that bust after one use

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
in a few cases yes
But generally no
especially with so dang many places selling junk parts and advertising them as 1st rate products
Next thing they will start selling cheaper bl ow up dolls that bust after one use
Yep. I suspect the supply shortages have forced even the big brands to do some label swapping.

Be glad it ain’t AirCooled VW parts. Quality Control is garbage on all brands this past year or so. Have four factory remanned Bosch starters, all same part number, each with a different bendix shaft.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
So, been reading up on this system har.dcor.e thanks to a bout of rather useful insomnia.
Came up with a troubleshooting check list in order of most likely (hopefully) failures:
I am going to use that as soon as it warms up enough to work on it. So in June. Maybe.

I'm going to look at those hose in you picture first though. I should be due to be lucky for once.

Reactions: klc

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I am going to use that as soon as it warms up enough to work on it. So in June. Maybe.

I'm going to look at those hose in you picture first though. I should be due to be lucky for once.
That one’s right next to the battery. Easy access. Then just follow them around with your fingers. Let me know if you find the canister!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Drove the 03 to work then Sams Club, lunch, filled up with gas then home,......
Oh and picked up an Interstate battery for the 05 , stepfather had put one of those junk Autozone ones 4 years ago, and have had it on life support for a year, time for new
Saw the 04, sitting in the barn, fed enough hay bales so far its showing its face again LOL

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone sideswiped my Jeep while parallel parking today. The front drivers side fender is either covered with salt and scratches, or gray paint, or a combination of both. Doggone it.

At least no structural issues though, and even the clips that hold the fender on are intact. I wonder how the other vehicle fared?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Someone sideswiped my Jeep while parallel parking today. The front drivers side fender is either covered with salt and scratches, or gray paint, or a combination of both. Doggone it.

At least no structural issues though, and even the clips that hold the fender on are intact. I wonder how the other vehicle fared?
That is terrible
We all or most of us take great care of our vehicles
and then some **** has to do something like that and runs off