What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a "mopar" thermostat from the dealer and while it has the Chrysler pentastar on one side it says motorad on the other. Not sure how I feel about this.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Just picked up a "mopar" thermostat from the dealer and while it has the Chrysler pentastar on one side it says motorad on the other. Not sure how I feel about this.
Yep. I've found that Mopar means only "you pay more" for the same stuff you can get cheaper elsewhere.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Wow. Just Wow. Was brutally cold this morning. So cold the censor software prohibits me from how actually cold it is. These Odyssey Extreme Batteries yinze suggested are worth every single penny.

Me an Wifey were both late for work due to driving around the neighborhood and helping folks out with a jump.

I say again: Worth. Every. Penny.

Was -20C with the wind even colder this morning. Lots of stranded vehicles due to battery troubles.
Both Berts turned over like it was August.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just checked my stash of Thermostats from Mopar ( 5 of them )
all just marked MOPAR only
wonder if they changed recently ?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My Libertys ( and many other vehicles ) have always started even when down in the - 15-20 s with my Interstates
Last a long time , one of them ( the last XJ I owned ) was 9 years old when I sold it and tested new
Been running them for years and years , bought first one in 1971-72
Im sure there maybe newer / better now but they work for me so,.....LOL
Only issues I ever had was the one in my 4X4 Dodge Van , of course the sound system and winch didn't help any, since they got abused big time :eek::D:rolleyes:

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
you wanna really bl.ow wind up his skirt, show him pictures of mine with the plow on it, and towing the car trailer. :D
The photo did impress. I always wished I could have afforded to put a plow on the Cherokee back when we lived in Colorado.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
My Libertys ( and many other vehicles ) have always started even when down in the - 15-20 s with my Interstates
Last a long time , one of them ( the last XJ I owned ) was 9 years old when I sold it and tested new
Been running them for years and years , bought first one in 1971-72
Im sure there maybe newer / better now but they work for me so,.....LOL
Only issues I ever had was the one in my 4X4 Dodge Van , of course the sound system and winch didn't help any, since they got abused big time :eek::D:rolleyes:
Little warmer average temperatures where your at. Nebraska winters are notorious battery killers. The 6 volt optima starting battery in the bug had no problem

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Little warmer average temperatures where your at. Nebraska winters are notorious battery killers. The 6 volt optima starting battery in the bug had no problem
Not really, when you live in Toledo and Port Clinton
Toledo a block off the lake ( Lake Erie )
and in Port Clinton there was our house, beach , lake so wind chills was way down in winter
Now where I am now 5 hours south of there , then yes higher average temps
Been across Nebraska several time in winter , used to run produce out of Bakersfield to the east coast
( 3.5-4 days out and back )

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Not really, when you live in Toledo and Port Clinton
Toledo a block off the lake ( Lake Erie )
and in Port Clinton there was our house, beach , lake so wind chills was way down in winter
Now where I am now 5 hours south of there , then yes higher average temps
Been across Nebraska several time in winter , used to run produce out of Bakersfield to the east coast
( 3.5-4 days out and back )
Truth! It’s the massive shifts a 30-40 change every 12 hours or so…chews up outdoor battery lighting, wireless security systems, etc. Bo.me dry one minute, 70% humidity next. Far more drastic than the lake stable weather. ( I’m Erie born and raised)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Truth! It’s the massive shifts a 30-40 change every 12 hours or so…chews up outdoor battery lighting, wireless security systems, etc. Bo.me dry one minute, 70% humidity next. Far more drastic than the lake stable weather. ( I’m Erie born and raised)
Yes funny thing, wife had never seen snow until she came over to teach at OU, and they placed her there ( in Southern Ohio )
Then we married and moved to Port Clinton and frea ked out at the amount of snow, ice etc
She would never even walk out on the ice saying there was only one person who ever walked on water and it wasn't going to be her !
The 04 did make several trips over the ice to Put In Bay for a beer though LOL

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
High of 32 degrees today with continuous Sleet and rain
So power washed the undercarriage and hand washed the body on the 03
She was a mess before, should of taken an after picture but it was almost 0 dark thirty by the time i finished
You must be registered for see images attach

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess Bert really wants to go off-roading, I guess…
You must be registered for see images attach
Isn't there supposed to be a washer that would prevent that even if the bushing failed completely?