What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
you're reminding me that, I put new speakers in a while ago, and they don't sound right. thinking one of the wires is backwards or something.
I’m still amazed I crammed a pair of dual 8s and a pair of three channel 6x9s in the stock positions with no sawing.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Break in the temperatures this weekend. Organized all the parts I have piled up. If all goes well, Bert Mk.1 can return to roadworthy.
Glad that you are having a break
Got up this morning to minus 10 degrees ! YIKES
and yes it was cold working outside all morning

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
3F when I went to bed last night and 10F when I got up this morning. I am still fighting off the flu (not Covid, if the test can be trusted, which I have my doubts about either way), and freezing my tail off walking my dog on the ice is not helping. We have had a total of about two feet of snow over the past two weeks and none of it is melting off.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Hope you can stay warm & get well soon Prof.
Pets like to have fun in the mountain's too ! :cool:
Click on image for animated action!

Attachments

• good winter fun.gif
    good winter fun.gif
    2 MB · Views: 7

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Glad that you are having a break
Got up this morning to minus 10 degrees ! YIKES
and yes it was cold working outside all morning
It is relative. Been far below freezing for so long 20F feels warm and 40 is gonna be like a heat wave. Plus I have felt like a dangerously reckless idiot driving the few blocks to and from work every day in a jerry-rigged, half lifted (tuchus end will finally be done) Jeep that I really should not have been driving. We sold the Nissan, and wifey digs her Libby, but our work schedules are so different it was that or walk. I'm too old to walk in those temps anymore.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
It is relative. Been far below freezing for so long 20F feels warm and 40 is gonna be like a heat wave. Plus I have felt like a dangerously reckless idiot driving the few blocks to and from work every day in a jerry-rigged, half lifted (tuchus end will finally be done) Jeep that I really should not have been driving. We sold the Nissan, and wifey digs her Libby, but our work schedules are so different it was that or walk. I'm too old to walk in those temps anymore.
Forties only lasted a day here. Back to the normal teens and twenties. Over a foot of snow in the last few days. Winter's back!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
All KJs have been inside and cozy but took the 03 out this morning to go to town (well,... largest town here close , 10 miles away 2,173 people LOL )
Mom needed some things and at 5 degrees it was too cold for a 90 year old to be out
Took back roads , one lane dirt roads , some haven't been plowed this year , so fun fun fun
Coming back local farmer was in front of me in a chevy PU
Started down one long steep hill , he starts sliding, made it to the bottom, then bam gets ______ into snow , down over a bank about 4 foot high
into a hay field , does a big old loop and stops ,
I go down , he is spinning , I said Id pull him out, makes a snide remark about a " JEEP "
Said well you want out or not
In the end hooked on pulled him out and up into the road
Get out to unhook my tow strap, he is still grumbling , so I drove off
Hope I don't get that bad when I get old, I'm bad enough already LOL

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Aint much above freezing this early, but getting stuff done.
You must be registered for see images attach
You need to get the UBJ boot down or install some big washers under boot to fill the void, BJ will rust and cause issues down the road
also get that V cut in bumpstop ! LOL

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
You need to get the UBJ boot down or install some big washers under boot to fill the void, BJ will rust and cause issues down the road
also get that V cut in bumpstop ! LOL
Roger. Cut the bump stops right after photo taken. That boot has been finicky. I may have to pull it and boil it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Roger. Cut the bump stops right after photo taken. That boot has been finicky. I may have to pull it and boil it.
Marlin ( JBA ) and I discussed this issue years ago
Nothing much really you can do, new boots or install a thick washer
I used the think washer trick on the 04 I think it is , been on there for several years now
actually it is a thick plastic washer

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Marlin ( JBA ) and I discussed this issue years ago
Nothing much really you can do, new boots or install a thick washer
I used the think washer trick on the 04 I think it is , been on there for several years now
actually it is a thick plastic washer
I just pulled the boot. Plunged it in boiling water to relax it, stretched it on a dowel, and stuffed it in a snow drift. Bada Bing.

However, before reinstalling, I cut a bunch of foam washers and worked grease into them. Then installed them and pulled the boot over.

I figure that will keep it greasy and when I do preventative maintenance I’ll give ‘em a few squirts in the boot.

Only time will tell if that works.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I just pulled the boot. Plunged it in boiling water to relax it, stretched it on a dowel, and stuffed it in a snow drift. Bada Bing.

However, before reinstalling, I cut a bunch of foam washers and worked grease into them. Then installed them and pulled the boot over.

I figure that will keep it greasy and when I do preventative maintenance I’ll give ‘em a few squirts in the boot.

Only time will tell if that works.
It may, or may pull them down off a bit

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Well looky that. Way easier if you done it before. Good thing I practiced on Wifey’s Bert a few weeks back.

Of course I’ll get to do it again when her nitro chargers show up. She has determined she “likes the pretty yellow better than the bilstien silver on hers” … redgih Frakkin’ mudurh racking’…..

better do the other side before I run outta daylight and temperature.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: