What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've found that most of the amber LED pods are too bright for proper low visibility driving. Guess most folks don't understand bright ambers are no more useful than headlights for low-vis operations. How bright are the ambers on these?
They are bright but will work for what I will use them for . foggy last night and just using them in the driveway they cut right through
Don't know where they will end up for sure
Have 3 sets of Rigid LED pods sitting on the work bench now
need to gather everything together someday

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
First trip to the shop for an alignment
Found small amount of damage underneath from the Deer
Brought it home to repair that, nothing major , plus a tie rod end, ( drivers side ) its not bad, but have one in stock so replaced it this evening
Stock one at 170,000 miles so its paid for itself
Tomorrow it gets alignment, General Grabbers installed
white letters or blackwall ( haven't ran white letters on anything since 1978 LOL)
got flare clips today in mail so this weekend have to decide which flares go on

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
First trip to the shop for an alignment
Found small amount of damage underneath from the Deer
Brought it home to repair that, nothing major , plus a tie rod end, ( drivers side ) its not bad, but have one in stock so replaced it this evening
Stock one at 170,000 miles so its paid for itself
Tomorrow it gets alignment, General Grabbers installed
white letters or blackwall ( haven't ran white letters on anything since 1978 LOL)
got flare clips today in mail so this weekend have to decide which flares go on
Laughing on white letters. I honestly didn’t even know they still made them. Always assumed someone got bored with a white paint pen these days.
To really mess with your tire guy ask for white walls…or even better red walls! (Remember those?) laughing harder)

(L.ol is censored? More laughter)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Laughing on white letters. I honestly didn’t even know they still made them. Always assumed someone got bored with a white paint pen these days.
To really mess with your tire guy ask for white walls…or even better red walls! (Remember those?) laughing harder)

(L.ol is censored? More laughter)
I have a full set of F 70x15 red walls , NOS ( new old stock ) mounted on Magnum 500s
Would never run them but good for a show vehicle

and yes these Generals have white letters

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lots of tires have white lettering on one side.
i'm currently running whites out on the jeep. i'd probably do it again.
seen some cars running around with blacked out wheels and white lettering. it's a neat effect at speed.
y'all do you though, and think nothing of what others say. :D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well out talking to the owner of the shop I took it to, ( we worked together from 72-77 )
Went back in to see how they were doing and already had two mounted ,......black wall out : (
oh well

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Well out talking to the owner of the shop I took it to, ( we worked together from 72-77 )
Went back in to see how they were doing and already had two mounted ,......black wall out : (
oh well
Well, there goes your street cred…

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I have a full set of F 70x15 red walls , NOS ( new old stock ) mounted on Magnum 500s
Would never run them but good for a show vehicle

and yes these Generals have white letters
I have of white wall, red trims for the bug. I too only put em on for shows. Look great with the VW moons on porsche styles.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Doing some additions on the 03 today and got to thinking back a few years
Need to get Phase 9 finished up on the 04 someday
far left was my 04
You must be registered for see images attach

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good, although unmatched spare is making my OCD twitch. LoL

I took the WK2 out to scout some duck hunting spots. It's been a really warm fall, but I'm amazed that none of the northern birds are even starting to come through yet.

Had to go through some sketchy muddy sections of track and it just walked right through with the AT/Xs. Still gotta get some pics posted of it with the Eibach suspension installed

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking good, although unmatched spare is making my OCD twitch. LoL

I took the WK2 out to scout some duck hunting spots. It's been a really warm fall, but I'm amazed that none of the northern birds are even starting to come through yet.

Had to go through some sketchy muddy sections of track and it just walked right through with the AT/Xs. Still gotta get some pics posted of it with the Eibach suspension installed
Its on the way ( spare General ) LOL

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I had to idle the Jeep this AM & then scrape all the frozen windows. Try not to let it idle too long, as carbon can build up.
I took it on a good hwy run. Interior heat was great!
Poor Jeep deserved an oil & filter change as it was kinda getting black by 3000 miles.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Wasted the entire weekend rebuilding the front suspension on daughter’s Nissan. She blew a ball joint on the passenger side…and took out the axel with it…just got it all back together. Ready to got to the shop for alignment.

Good practice for what I’m doing to Bert next weekend…finally…hopefully…

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wasted the entire weekend rebuilding the front suspension on daughter’s Nissan. She blew a ball joint on the passenger side…and took out the axel with it…just got it all back together. Ready to got to the shop for alignment.

Good practice for what I’m doing to Bert next weekend…finally…hopefully…
Working on the KJ will be like tripping over a skunk in the middle of night, drunk, in a strange mountain forest with Big Foot chasing you
EASY , easy , easy

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question: the replacement radiator I purchased has 2 extra ports on the passenger side rear of the unit. Can I just plug them or do I return the radiator for one without the ports? Previous radiator did not have them.