What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Umorgsm

Reaction score
Hopefully ordered OME springs and either Bilstein or OME shocks
what other suspension parts , some are much better than other brands
Ome springs and shocks replacing upper and lower control arms inner and outer tie rods sway bar links rear control arms clevis forks from a kk 2.5 inch spacer lift

GBsKJ

Reaction score
Got rear end back together. Had wrong angles. Like Mudd suggested, angles all wrong. Once all lined up, everything went together super easy. Went to HF to pickup a bottle jack. Used that to lift front of diff, super easy after that. Have to go put shocks on.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ome springs and shocks replacing upper and lower control arms inner and outer tie rods sway bar links rear control arms clevis forks from a kk 2.5 inch spacer lift
OME springs are good , but if 2.5 inches of lift ( if you went 927 / 948 springs OME shocks will be too short in rear .
Also spacer lift ??
so which is it ?
OME or spacer lift ?

GBsKJ

Reaction score
I'm beat! OME all installed. Quick test drive, all ok. Waiting for FedEx to deliver my missing tire, then will get tires installed and aligned.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Waiting for parts, so aligned the new steering myself. I was able to get it within a thread or two. Got brand new moog lower ball joints to put in…just waiting on new JBAs as I destroyed the used ones I slapped in before my trip.

Pickle Fork Party at my place!
;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Waiting for parts, so aligned the new steering myself. I was able to get it within a thread or two. Got brand new moog lower ball joints to put in…just waiting on new JBAs as I destroyed the used ones I slapped in before my trip.

Pickle Fork Party at my place!
;)
Never use a pickle fork,
Been doing suspension work for over 50 years and never needed one
3 lb sledge and one good hit, done ! ; )

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Yeah those sway bar links really make odd noises. The cheapo ones I just replaced were as swollen and cracked as the OEM ones I changed out back in June. The mystery of the creaking steering back on my July road trip solved…which means the bargain bin ones last about a thousand miles, and then I drove on them for anothe 2k. ****

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Never use a pickle fork,
Been doing suspension work for over 50 years and never needed one
3 lb sledge and one good hit, done ! ; )
Yeah, I’ve never actually used em for what they are meant for, but I get em out to look like I read a book to do this stuff…lol

Umorgsm

Reaction score
OME springs are good , but if 2.5 inches of lift ( if you went 927 / 948 springs OME shocks will be too short in rear .
Also spacer lift ??
so which is it ?
OME or spacer lift ?
Ok i was missing something lol i thought that ome was yalls way of saying oem lol so oem springs and a spacer liftfront and rear witha taller 2011 kk clevis fork

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok i was missing something lol i thought that ome was yalls way of saying oem lol so oem springs and a spacer liftfront and rear witha taller 2011 kk clevis fork
Bad idea , spacer lifts will wear parts out on the front suspension fast. Would never, ever install a spacer lift on a Liberty
Springs were made too weak to begin with.
Fronts are rated at 310 lb where they should of been 340-350 lb to hold up.
Combine that with a spacer lift and you get more bouncing and wearing out springs/ shocks/ UCAs / ball joints much faster than you would with a good OME lift with higher rated springs and shocks
But it's your ride, just warning you what will happen if you drive it much

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Should add up to about 3 inches when done
If you buy new springs and shocks it will for a short time
but then you will have as much in it as you would of done it with OME springs and either Bilstein or OME shocks in the first place

CHIPPER146

Reaction score
Having these General Grabber A/TX installed Saturday. I had all wheels balanced which took a lot of the vibration out, but I still have some remaining. My tire guy showed me some out of round in two of the old tires and related it to what I'm feeling. He told me to wait until spring and put new tires on, but me being me I couldn't wait so I ordered 4 tires from Tire Rack. We'll see how that turns out.

Had the tires put on this morning. Still has the vibration starting at around 40mph and goes up to 50 mph. When they had the tires off the ground I rotated the rear wheels and it felt a little gritty, but it could have been the parking brake shoes. My mind can play tricks on me sometimes. I still wonder if it's a bearing somewhere in the rear end. That's all that's left to change. It has an entirely new front end, both drive shafts have been serviced. New tires, brakes, front bearings. The rear bearings are all that remains. Oh and the pilot bearings are still factory.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Had the tires put on this morning. Still has the vibration starting at around 40mph and goes up to 50 mph. When they had the tires off the ground I rotated the rear wheels and it felt a little gritty, but it could have been the parking brake shoes. My mind can play tricks on me sometimes. I still wonder if it's a bearing somewhere in the rear end. That's all that's left to change. It has an entirely new front end, both drive shafts have been serviced. New tires, brakes, front bearings. The rear bearings are all that remains. Oh and the pilot bearings are still factory.
Both CVs and intermediate shaft as well in front ?
Pilot bearing ? You have a manual transmission ?

CHIPPER146

Reaction score
Both CVs and intermediate shaft as well in front ?
Pilot bearing ? You have a manual transmission ?
Yes everything in the front end is new. I actually replaced the entire front drive shaft/CV joint setup. Oh, and it's an auto trans. Only bearings left to change are the rear axle bearings, carrier bearing and output shaft bearing, I think.

Oh and I replaced using new factory coils and shocks on the rear. All new brakes on 4 wheels, rotors and hardware. Every fluid has been replaced with manufacturer recommended oils, grease, coolant etc.

The vibration exists whether it's in two or four wheel drive, neutral in a coast or in drive. I can feel it in the steering wheel and in the seat of my pants and floorboards. Because I could feel it in the steering wheel I went with the entire front end. Every thing that could be replaced, and several $$$$ later, no change. I then changes both u-joints and replaced the front drive shaft. No change. I had all tires rebalanced. No change. I put 4 new tires on it. No change. Which leads me to where I am today.

The whole Jeep is in fantastic condition. I got it for a great price. That's why I'm putting money into it. It looks and runs like a new vehicle, with the exception of this vibration from 40 to 50 mph. And that's where I spend most of my time driving, (45 to 55) so I have got to eliminate this issue. I'm sure it's nothing another $500 or so can't fix (sic).

Umorgsm

Reaction score
If you buy new springs and shocks it will for a short time
but then you will have as much in it as you would of done it with OME springs and either Bilstein or OME shocks in the first place
Ive only spent about 450 on my setup my shocks are bilstiens from autozone. Are they rated differently then stock oem? i orderd them through my works commercial account

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ive only spent about 450 on my setup my shocks are bilstiens from autozone. Are they rated differently then stock oem? i orderd them through my works commercial account
Depends on what series the shocks are
Did you get longer for the rear or just stock ones ?
Plus for 360 / 380 you could buy 4 OME springs
Spacer lifts are just bad news.
Have removed several with trashed UCAs etc to do a OME full spring lift
Oh well

Umorgsm

Reaction score
Depends on what series the shocks are
Did you get longer for the rear or just stock ones ?
Plus for 360 / 380 you could buy 4 OME springs
Spacer lifts are just bad news.
Have removed several with trashed UCAs etc to do a OME full spring lift
Oh well
Do you have a link? all the ome i looked at last night were around a grand for everything

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.