What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've given up on my parking brake. It works sometimes, sometimes not. I replaced and adjusted the shoes, readjusted the shoes, and I did the screwdriver trick to no avail. I hope you have better luck than me.
mine is goofy in the center console, in that the handle won't stay up.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Got my spare dash vents ready to mail to Poland if the gentleman wants them; 97 zolti in shipping! Can you believe it?!

I noticed the vents on my "keeper" jeep were stiffer to operate so I pulled them out and cleaned them. Lots of backroad dust in there.

Also remounted the front tag. Small progress but more parts on the jeep, less parts on the bench.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
<censored><censored><censored><censored><censored><censored>
the clutch pedal eyelet just sheared off.

You must be registered for see images attach

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone got any tricks on how to potentially remove the broken rod from the master cylinder to replace it? I'm looking at getting a kit that has a rod with a metal eyelet instead and if I can just get the broke rod out of the master cylinder, without pulling it from the vehicle, I'd like to give that a shot.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered this.

metal rod, so this break won't happen again... hopefully. just need to move/transfer the interlock switch over to it. Or, I'll bypass it.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear passenger door won't latch again. I finally got it latched again and bungeed it closed for good measure. It's time for a new latch or just a good cleaning...

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saturday.

Went up a nearby city canyon road, from near 5000 feet asl to the top, Skyline Drive 10,000+ fasl, then back down the other side to the east. Big beautiful reservoir out there all surrounded by mountains. I had brought a Subway (RegTM, etc) with me out there. The young man making the sandwich called me old man. That's a privilege. A lot of men never get to be called old man. Ate at a picnic table by the reservoir.

The Jeep performed nicely, just climbing right up the hills, and bouncing reasonably over the gravel, sand, rocks and rock road.

One thing, I had cleaned the button switch under the tali gate lift latch, the one that opens the glass. But now I've notice that it has filled up with dust. That fine sandy dust that rises off the road as a vehicle rolls along over it.

So it's operating intermittently again.

Still haven't opened the door, or got a part number for just the switch. Only the whole latch asseembly, which I don't need.
dc

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so first off... no you can't get the rod out of the clutch master cylinder easily.
some Rocket Scientist decided to make the critical eyelet part out of cheap plastic so it breaks easily, but the retainer clip for the rod into the piston is made of unobtainium metal thick enough to stop a shell fired from the Iowa.
got the master off the firewall at least. need to get under, unbolt the s*l*a*v*e* (yes, it muted that word), and start fishing that bad boy up and out.
new one should be here Thursday.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok. clutch master/slav'e circuit is removed.
I dunno how people think you can work the slav'e under the brake booster; no way that was working for me. final solution was to disconnect the rear hard line at the brake master, and the front hard line from the master at the ABS distribution block. Then I was able to snake the clutch line past everything and get the circuit out. obviously I'll have to bleed the brake system again, but that's a small price to pay. if I didn't have ABS it would have been a cake walk at that point.

I might try and take pictures as I reassemble.

Last edited:

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I ran the Backcountry Scenic Byway and the Pony Express trail. EPIC.

Also had a visitor…

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Saturday.

Went up a nearby city canyon road, from near 5000 feet asl to the top, Skyline Drive 10,000+ fasl, then back down the other side to the east. Big beautiful reservoir out there all surrounded by mountains. I had brought a Subway (RegTM, etc) with me out there. The young man making the sandwich called me old man. That's a privilege. A lot of men never get to be called old man. Ate at a picnic table by the reservoir.

The Jeep performed nicely, just climbing right up the hills, and bouncing reasonably over the gravel, sand, rocks and rock road.

One thing, I had cleaned the button switch under the tali gate lift latch, the one that opens the glass. But now I've notice that it has filled up with dust. That fine sandy dust that rises off the road as a vehicle rolls along over it.

So it's operating intermittently again.

Still haven't opened the door, or got a part number for just the switch. Only the whole latch asseembly, which I don't need.
dc
Sounds like it might be time for a new window seal, or to adjust the position of the latch mechanism!

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it might be time for a new window seal, or to adjust the position of the latch mechanism!

I hadn't thought of a new seal. I could look it over closely.

It is the switch that makes the window pop up (this is not like yours, it's a 2008).

So it's not the latch for the gate, but for the window. But I also wonder if I could adjust where it latches (the window to the gate).

As none of the dust gets in any of the other doors or windows.

But it may be the shape of the vehicle, as the dust swirls around the back end and piles up on all the surfaces. So maybe the dust and flow is just more intense off the back.

Thanks for the ideas.
dc

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
What kind of spider is that? (Other than being the kind I stay away from...)

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
When I looked at it, I thought it was a rather small tarantula. I have yet to see any here in Utah, but when I lived in California, there were a lot of them but much bigger.
dc
Yeah! This guy is very large for one this far north in Utah. Picture doesn’t show scale well, but the green base of my tent is roughly 6 inches high.

Latest posts

Members online