What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SEDC

Reaction score
Pretty easy job... jacked up from the frame rail on both sides to take all the weight off of the rear axle, pulled these old rear bump stops out, lubed up the new ones with spray wax and did the same with the bump stop pockets. Slipped the new ones through the lowest coil of the springs, pushed the new ones half way in and then the rest of the way with the fat end of a wodden shim to not rip the new ones. 10 min total job... didn't even break a sweat in the DC humidity.
You must be registered for see images attach

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somehow i knocked the alignment out, by unbolting the rack. wheel is turned to the right about 30 degrees when it goes straight down the road. wondering if I can't just loosen the bolts and jack the rack to the driver's side to fix.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I can't extract that broken sensor and do have to buy a new hub with sensor, wasn't it still good to separate to reuse my spindle?
Heat up a screw with a torch. When it’s hot, slowly screw it into the broken sensor. Cool it with a wet rag, and pull it out. It worked for me. You’ll also be able to see the condition on the grease inside. A new sensor cost me $45, if I remember right.

Reactions: JRB

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Pried the ugly aftermarket chrome covers off the door handles today. Some genius glued them on with blue RTV. Good news is all the chrome is gone. Bad news is I sweated off ten pounds cleaning up the mess.

Also repaired my driver side door lock. Appears that at some point it was slimjimmed and broke the pink clip of the lock swivel to the connecting arm. Scavenged the clip at the scrap yard from a Nitro.

Can actually unlock my door manually now if need be.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remade my roof rack. It is deep strut on the mounting holes with shallow strut running across. So far, it’s better than the 3/4” rigid conduit I had before. The kayak racks feel much more secure, now.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used it to jump-start my RV generator, so we could run the fridges, freezer, sump pump, well pump and an AC unit all day yesterday. We lost power Thurs at 3:45pm and got it back at midnight last night (this morning?).

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Installed tie down points on my flat floor. Fabbed slider rails…but didn’t get to install them yet as the daughter needs help to move some stuff into her new apartment…

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
All KJs and trailers are now legal , current stickers on plates and new custom plate on rear of the 03.
Used to be on 04, didn't renew it for a year and someone else grabbed it for 4 years, now have it back again , only on different KJ this time ;)
Also love it Ohio finally got smart and ditched the front plate rule

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
All KJs and trailers are now legal , current stickers on plates and new custom plate on rear of the 03.
Used to be on 04, didn't renew it for a year and someone else grabbed it for 4 years, now have it back again , only on different KJ this time ;)
Also love it Ohio finally got smart and ditched the front plate rule
Did Ohio ever get around to any sort of inspection or insurance requirements? I remember some serious Deathtrap that were perfectly legal there back in the day.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Did Ohio ever get around to any sort of inspection or insurance requirements? I remember some serious Deathtrap that were perfectly legal there back in the day.
Thank goodness no vehicle inspections or insurance requirements
All those do is make rich people richer, and poor people walking

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Thank goodness no vehicle inspections or insurance requirements
All those do is make rich people richer, and poor people walking
Agreed! But man, do I have some stories from my Erie days...like a dodge omni with a tree growing through it that was purchased and driven back to Cleveland with part of the tree still in it...or a Chevy with 4 different sized tires on it rolling around Ashtabula. ROFL

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Dropped Bert off for a coolant system flush and an oil change at the mechanic my wife uses (small business disabled vet/ female minority owned yadda yadda...but mostly willing to do the stuff I don't wanna deal with on her Nissan).

Celebrating as the OD was at 170000 exactly when I rolled into the shop, and the wrench jockey complimented he's never seen one with clear engine codes and a smooth idle at that mileage...apparently KJs are exceedingly popular round these parts.

When he asked how I got it running so well, I told him "JeepKJ forums, 06 Service manual, YouTube and a lot of blistering swearing" he about filled his undies with laughter.

Thanks gang!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brake lines are here.
guess I need to get it back in the air and do the thing.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Sitting here cooling down my liver a bit and a Liberty with an ARB and renegade trim but no lift just went by…dang I wish I had them rally lights!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sitting here cooling down my liver a bit and a Liberty with an ARB and renegade trim but no lift just went by…dang I wish I had them rally lights!
An ARB and no lift, sagging wagon for sure
The Renegade top lights ? Have housing/ wiring /3 covers laying in the shop, moved it 3 times, just needs lights installed

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
An ARB and no lift, sagging wagon for sure
The Renegade top lights ? Have housing/ wiring /3 covers laying in the shop, moved it 3 times, just needs lights installed
Sagging like... well can't figure out a suitable description...looked like the whole front end was basically gone...nice bumper though....****

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brakes at the beach!

my son brings his/my 04 kj along on vacation. He lives away in metro baltimore.

dad - this jeep makes a noise when i put on the brakes.

check it out, yeah it does!

rr rotor scored up.

we are staying 20 miles from everywhere in the outer banks.

1 hr rt for pads and rotors.

damn! No tools either ride. No big hammer.

road trip again.

got it all switched over.

now the caliper is not amenable to new pads. Wont go home.

trip # i forget, reman caliper in hand.

on the jeep. All is good!

spent more time running for parts than doing the job in the beach house drive way.

mental note…

don’t leave home with no tools again.

between carquest, advance, and ace hardware, their stock should all rise !

Latest posts

Members online