What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Fixed the dang parking brakes (see my build journal for details)

Finished design for camp box since Im too tall to flat floor it. Couldnt figure out how to keep the swing gate on the model, but yinze get the idea:

You must be registered for see images attach

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*sigh*
what the hell.
passenger side mount is stuck in the cradle. got the bolt loose, but I can't lift the engine at all. lifting the whole keep off the quickjack practically.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe. it's stuck on the flange where the bolt head is, and hammering on the bolt from the nut side doesn't budge it.
however...

I GOT THE PAN OUT!!!

my solution: pull a bunch of the bolts holding the diff in, including dropping the passenger side cradle, that allowed me to shove it into a position to swing the pan around and drop it out.
I also tested how to reinstall it.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
At the dealership getting the recalled LCAs replaced.
Of course on the way over the passenger rear LCA collapsed crossing the railroad tracks…
Apparently Mopar doesn’t have clean underpants in my size in stock.

So, 5mph the rest of the way, but got it here.

Do yourself a favor and check the recall on yours!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Happiness is a bill from the dealership that is all zeros.

time to finish this absolutely ridiculous bed liner coat and put the silly “overland

I must be doing something right as a gaggle millennials at the gas station were giving complements and asking to take pictures.

All I wanna do is field science and camping…but maybe I’ll just flip it and buy another KJ to wrench on…or perhaps by flipping Bert and Beazlebug Mk.2 have a solid down payment on a redneck wrangler?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Happiness is a bill from the dealership that is all zeros.

time to finish this absolutely ridiculous bed liner coat and put the silly “overland

I must be doing something right as a gaggle millennials at the gas station were giving complements and asking to take pictures.

All I wanna do is field science and camping…but maybe I’ll just flip it and buy another KJ to wrench on…or perhaps by flipping Bert and Beazlebug Mk.2 have a solid down payment on a redneck wrangler?
Will be like me , wife always hated to stop at gas stations, kept asking her why???
She replied that it never was 5 minutes it would always turn into a 20-30 minute question and answer session with the 04
Even one night, 2AM, in a rest stop in South Carolina, 5 minute run to the rest room turned into 45 minutes when a KJ owner spotted me, and recognized the 04 from pictures on LOST , LOL:cool::eek::rolleyes:;)

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Will be like me , wife always hated to stop at gas stations, kept asking her why???
She replied that it never was 5 minutes it would always turn into a 20-30 minute question and answer session with the 04
Even one night, 2AM, in a rest stop in South Carolina, 5 minute run to the rest room turned into 45 minutes when a KJ owner spotted me, and recognized the 04 from pictures on LOST , LOL:cool::eek::rolleyes:;)
Hey man, own it. By my count in the last month you and @LibertyTC saved me 1500$.

However, as a yinzer, still gonna call yinze flatlanders….

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pull into home this morning. park and saw a line of wet from the end of the driveway to my spot. and coolant dripping under/ popped hood and Pinhole leak at the top of the radiator. sigh
googled and
JBwelded the area, cured for 8 hours, then some gorilla tape over the area and around the hose.
no leak now
New radiator next week. hope the JB holds

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up some floor mats from a guy in a neighboring town (out here it's small communities separated by mostly farmland) for 20 bucks. Didn't expect to find a CRD on OME, with an ARB front and what looks like a rocklizard on back. I think he said he picked it up on an estate sale. He said the only other one he's seen around that looks properly lifted is a blue one in Weiser (where I'm from). I said yup, that's mine. I wasn't driving it otherwise it would have been obvious. Sorry, failed to take pictures or ask if he's on here.

basist81

Reaction score
Fixed the dang parking brakes (see my build journal for details)

Finished design for camp box since Im too tall to flat floor it. Couldnt figure out how to keep the swing gate on the model, but yinze get the idea:

awesome sketch!
i wouldn't recommend using shelves. even if they can be closed. better have a design w/ a drawer.
also, keep in mind that if you want to open one of the drawers, don't let the table get in the way... you'll get tired of opening the whole construction each time you want to reach something.
i did something similar (much smaller though), the table is integrated under the drawer (pic attached).

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
awesome sketch!
i wouldn't recommend using shelves. even if they can be closed. better have a design w/ a drawer.
also, keep in mind that if you want to open one of the drawers, don't let the table get in the way... you'll get tired of opening the whole construction each time you want to reach something.
i did something similar (much smaller though), the table is integrated under the drawer (pic attached).
Drawers for sure! I just didn’t sketch them in. I use those water and airtight plastic kook aid canisters for food storage, so there’s a slider “spice rack” that goes on the right side too. Kept he sketch basic for construction purposes. Will likely finish the build this week

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
What did you spray it with? It looks great!
First coat was black automotive primer after schotchbriting the clear coat. Then a wipe down with 100% ethanol.
Next a black matte primer coat. Then a base coat of rattlecan Duplicolor truckbed liner in the corners and contour curves.

Finally, a spray coat of Herculiner followed by a roller coat of Herculiner textured bed liner( high gloss).

Trim was done with rattle can 2x Rustoleum Painters Touch Apple Red in semi gloss.

lettering was hand painted with Rustoleum high gloss enamel.

Then coated the trim pieces with two coats of rattlecan high gloss clearcoat.

Latest posts