What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
No other choices ?
I'd say none of the above

x2.
Get the Toyo Open Country AT3s. I love mine on the Renegade. Dead quiet and great traction. Good price. What more could you want? I'd also look at Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@HoosierJeeper not seeing a ton of reviews on either tire, but the ones I am finding are steering me towards the Falkens.

That'd be hilarious if the jeep AND the neon both wind up switching to Falken branded tires.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
other question is, do I stick with 245/70R16, or move up to the slightly bigger 245/75R16 @ 30.5" diameter, which based on the numbers would actually correct my speedometer inaccuracy. I'm on the OME diesel springs up front and don't rub with the 245/70 size right now. also the /75's are $24/tire cheaper.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well on a bad note I apparently didn't pay attention when I looked in my power distribution unit under the hood. Where I thought there were two relays, they're actually are. Some reason they decided to move around the locations of various relays. But on a good note, they left open the large 40 amp relay position closest to all the fuses. I should be able to do the add-on with slightly different cabling that should work out better. Maybe. We'll have to see.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
@HoosierJeeper not seeing a ton of reviews on either tire, but the ones I am finding are steering me towards the Falkens.

That'd be hilarious if the jeep AND the neon both wind up switching to Falken branded tires.
FALKENS ALL THE WAY, just keep them rotated every 3-4000 miles

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
Retorqued the lug nuts and reinstalled the cargo basket. Put the shovel and axe into the basket mount. Need to figure a way to fasten the traction boards into the basket.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

mine.

You must be registered for see images attach

the one I got.

I can still scavenge the wiring parts I need out of it though. and a relay.
I'll just pin into the open 40A relay bay.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retorqued the lug nuts and reinstalled the cargo basket. Put the shovel and axe into the basket mount. Need to figure a way to fasten the traction boards into the basket.

I should get a set of those for next snow season. Got stuck twice this year where I had to dig my way out. 24" if snow on the roads will do that. :D

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
My snowplow guy swears by his "expanded steel mesh" for getting unstuck. Better suited to a pickup truck than a KJ due to the raggety sharp edges.

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replace the right cv axle, water pump, and I took off the brush guard. I cut of the light bar of the brush guard and checked the new upgraded winch mount for fit. I then cleaned, primed, and painted it. Currently sitting between coats 2 and 3.

Attachments

• A08D43F5-C97F-4566-865D-5D63933C2D58.jpeg
    A08D43F5-C97F-4566-865D-5D63933C2D58.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 11

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what's the latest on tires?
Still a toss up between:
FIRESTONE DESTINATION A/T2
COOPER DISCOVERER AT3 4S
HANKOOK DYNAPRO AT2

?

Not an off roader, more a towing/hauling/mule, but don't want to be "that jeep that got stuck" in something. :D
Not doing Goodyear Wranglers again.
I love my cooper at3 4s! I would definitely put them back on!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I replace the right cv axle, water pump, and I took off the brush guard. I cut of the light bar of the brush guard and checked the new upgraded winch mount for fit. I then cleaned, primed, and painted it. Currently sitting between coats 2 and 3.

Intermediate shaft as well on right front as well, right?
That brush guard will need a lot of beefing up the mounting to hold a winch

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well time to change oil I guess !!
I just got 3-5quart jugs from NAPA , and 4 of the same from Walmart , free shipping on both
5W30 Mobil 1
NAPA 26.97, Walmart 24.99
that way no dealing with people , no going into stores
Had a few more things coming from NAPA so just lumped the oil in as well ( air filters ( 4 ) spark plugs NGK coppers of course 4 sets of them )
I like buying in bulk and having what I need when I need it
already have a half dozen Mopar oil filters sitting on the shelf
Big brown truck dropped them all off a few minutes ago

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intermediate shaft as well on right front as well, right?
That brush guard will need a lot of beefing up the mounting to hold a winch
Yep, all the hardware got replaced with grade 8 and I have 3 grade 8 bolts going through the front frame into the back of the plate for additional support. The plate I am having made is 1/4 inch. The brush guard is also directly bolted to the frame. That should be sufficient until I can afford the arb bumper.

Latest posts

Members online