What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
going to take it for an alignment when you're done? I'd think they should be able to dial in the rear straight then, at least for thrust angle.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think he'd need to as long as he keeps the lca's the same length. It is a Jeep after all, so it's not meant to be perfect.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

My Jeep may be the "glock" of the lot, but she's damn sturdy and reliable. :D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Heading out even though your not supposed to travel, but been 10 months since I've seen my wife, her last class is today and will be done with students till next year :)
so look out West Virginia, Virginia and into North Carolina , coming through, stay off the roads ;) :)

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tracked down a full set of the 17in 6 spoke silver wheels that came stock on some kj's for $80 for all 5,pretty good condition..excited to put the ol 255/75s on them..I've always liked the stock wheel look on jeeps

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF youtube?

As you may know, our Community Guidelines describe which content we allow – and don’t allow – on YouTube. Your video Alternator? Or water pump? was flagged to us for review. Upon review, we’ve determined that it may not be suitable for all viewers and it has been placed behind an age restriction.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

the oh so offensive video in question. the poor children! how I must be corrupting them with an UNLISTED video of me spinning two SHAFTS!

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhh...the ridiculousness of automated review and people who are offended by EVERYTHING.

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mounted the stock 17s I found with some 255/75s ATs took my old wheels and m/t and threw them on an xj I'm selling...I like the look of these wheels

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the passenger front brake hose assembly - the metal tube part under the vibration sheath rusted out on the road last week (a mile from the house, thank god). We'll do the driver's side tomorrow, just because.

We had to work on our daughter's Xterra for most of the day, securing the battery and bleeding the hell out of the brakes while she painted rust converter on the passenger side (I'd painted the driver's side while they were replacing the brakes and shocks on that side, but I wasn't home when they did the passenger side).

Slugger103

Reaction score
Removed the rear differential cover, cleaned & painted, new gasket & new synthetic 75W-140 with LSD additive put in also. For 207K miles the gears looked great!

You must be registered for see images

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think, the issue is synthetics don't stick enough to the gears, so they don't get slung enough to the various places, since diffs don't have pumps. Gale Banks has some interesting videos on it, and if he'd make a diff cover for the 8.25 I'd buy it.

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
started work on the wiring for the block heater.
I'm installing an A/C inlet in the rear bumper.

so when i'm backed into the garage with the plow on the jeep, I can get her all warmed up before I start pushing snow.

Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the driver’s front brake hose/pipe assembly. That one looked worse than the passenger side, except it wasn’t actually leaking. Took a little longer to replace it, too, because of access on the back side. Got it done and bled and now I can drive it again.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Curious as to why not. Even the factory service manual says to use synthetic in diffs.
Synthetic does not stick on the gears as well as old Dino oil does for one
Jeep wants you to think that using synthetic protects better and gives you 1/1000 of a MPG better mileage
Most all if not all aftermarket gears manufactures will tell you to use Dino as well

Latest posts

Members online