What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02 Sensor Hell! B2.1

Oxygen Sensor B2, 1
P0153

Some of the tools I had to use.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ran over a dead deer. :favorites68: I didn't see it until I was right on top of it because I was looking further down the road(and higher) and did not want to swerve or lock the brakes, so I tried driving over it. Heard a thunk, so lets hope the skid plates did their job and protected the vital parts.

I pulled over at the first gas station I saw a few miles down the road so I could look underneath and see any leaks, but didn't see anything. Called the police as soon as I got home to report it.

Fingers Crossed.

Claimed a Raccoon a couple weeks back, pretty big and of course ran out in front of me right at the last second so I had next to no reaction time, both driver side tires got it. I told the wife had that been the Camry it would have been totaled because it sat low to the ground. No damage luckily either.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

deja vu?

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bathed it again to get the crap off from the wheel wells. If I don't work Monday fingers crossed I'll probably take it in for an alignment since I have a tug to the right while driving. The pot holes in the street that are large enough to swallow a small car don't help either.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Unsure.. but I found similar pricing discrepancies when looking for new top shock mounts for my OME/Bilstein parts... ended up getting both left and right mounts, with a spring seat for $34.99, shipped free.

Other places wanted that much or more for just ONE. AM-Auto parts and 1A Auto were the only reasonably priced sellers. Quality is easily on par with OEM from my inspection of the arrived parts.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Often times things cost less in the retail world because an item changes hands fewer times between mfr and consumer. Every time a product changes hands cost increases. And other times things cost less due to inferior materials. Products can claim to be oem spec but made from different grades off steel... Sorry for the speech

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the more I go over this car, the more of a friggin' time capsule it looks like.
Tires: original (14 years old!)
brakes: original
they NEVER reset the trip odometer
if someone told me the wheels had never been removed, I'd believe it.
hell even the trunk lock is being a little grumpy from LACK of use! they appeared to have never put anything in the truck either!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
the more I go over this car, the more of a friggin' time capsule it looks like.
Tires: original (14 years old!)
brakes: original
they NEVER reset the trip odometer
if someone told me the wheels had never been removed, I'd believe it.
hell even the trunk lock is being a little grumpy from LACK of use! they appeared to have never put anything in the truck either!

In 1973 I bought a 62 Chev Impala 2 door hard top ( black, with red interior )
car had 4800 miles , sat in a garage , original tires etc, motor covered in cob webs , old guy had never opened the trunk. When I did he said " Look at that, I knew I was supposed to get floor mats " Still in their plastic wrapping .
Wish I would of kept that one :favorites68:
Wheels had never been off of it either , although every year he changed the oil and started it every week , His wife wanted it, he bought it and 2 weeks later she passed away.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first started buying from them the same kits were 65-70 bucks, but keep getting lower, just ordered 6 more today .
I know I need one for the 05 and 3 for customers so will have a couple of spares

I've got one on the shelf as well. Ordered it two years after I installed the first one - I had meant to get it a bit sooner.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Often times things cost less in the retail world because an item changes hands fewer times between mfr and consumer. Every time a product changes hands cost increases. And other times things cost less due to inferior materials. Products can claim to be oem spec but made from different grades off steel... Sorry for the speech

Yup, having worked in an Independent Retail Chain Auto Service Center, that is true since all auto parts came from Auto Parts stores just up the street. So there was always the constant argue why do we charge more than what they can get right there at the counter from Advanced Auto Parts.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, having worked in an Independent Retail Chain Auto Service Center, that is true since all auto parts came from Auto Parts stores just up the street. So there was always the constant argue why do we charge more than what they can get right there at the counter from Advanced Auto Parts.

I managed tire and auto repair centers for Tire America ( bought out by NTB) and Goodyear. Always used NAPA at all the places which in the end could beat Advanced etc but people still complained that their mothers husbands boyfriend could get parts cheaper and then wanted us to put them on at a reduced rate:happy175: Funniest was one guy who owned a restaurant close by, always complained. So one day I went and picked up a steak, baked potato, salad fixings and carried them in and handled them to him. Said here ya go, prepare this for me, stopped his BS real quick

Latest posts

Members online