What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
My Jeep sounds unhealthy @ below freezing temps, at start ups, if left for 2 days.
Got some colder temps ahead. Monday AM will be a Jeep check up day.
You must be registered for see images attach

Strange I had the stethoscope in use yesterday & accessories were quiet..??

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tried that on mine. problem is when you probe, there's so many things bolted solid to the block that it's hard/impossible to isolate.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The Power Fist stethoscope gave me clear individual sounds that all seemed normal, on each accessory.
Unfortunately the unhealthy noise was not happening that morning, as was above freezing.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... those are words I don't ever want to hear or see again...

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bathed it which was pointless but I was getting tired of driving with chunks of ice in the wheel wells that despite kicking off never seem to stay away. Well that and the bad weather is coming yet again...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing done all week but run back and forth with my Mother
some problems , operation next week now
Hospital she has to go to is 1.5 hours away so 3 hours a day just on the road :blah:
Treat your parents right and do what you can for them

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hospital she has to go to is 1.5 hours away so 3 hours a day just on the road :blah:

So true. Going to visit mine tomorrow. Hope everything works out for your mother.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Luckily it did not chew the wires, but left a stinky mess well hidden behind /near fender.

Broke out the hose flooded the area today, and now soaking in a mixture of Tide laundry soap & bleach.
After it's re-cleaned tomorrow, I know I'm going to leave some snacks in the corner for it.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear window regulator clips came in. I ordered those steel ones from ebay and they seem to be well made. Temps are dropping, so I won't be getting to them for a while...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Mice problem?
Ya Rodents, never saw them but wow the smell...The Tide/bleach overnight, that did not work.
Lysol spray worked to kill bacteria smell etc..Hard to spray under brake booster at firewall, there is a gulley at firewall now sprayed best I can.

Much better, next baking soda & a power wash in 24 hours, that should do it.
Edit: Extremely well hidden behind the wiring pile was a deceased mouse. Been soap washing lots, more spray etc late this afternoon Glad it's gone.

Last edited:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya Rodents, never saw them but wow the smell...The Tide/bleach overnight, that did not work.
Lysol spray worked to kill bacteria smell etc..Hard to spray under brake booster at firewall, there is a gulley at firewall now sprayed best I can.

Edit: Extremely well hidden behind the wiring pile was a deceased mouse. Been soap washing lots, more spray etc late this afternoon Glad it's gone.

Yup Rodents have a very nasty distinct smell and it is hard to get rid off most of the time, glad to know the Lysol works out well.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ran over a dead deer. :favorites68: I didn't see it until I was right on top of it because I was looking further down the road(and higher) and did not want to swerve or lock the brakes, so I tried driving over it. Heard a thunk, so lets hope the skid plates did their job and protected the vital parts.

I pulled over at the first gas station I saw a few miles down the road so I could look underneath and see any leaks, but didn't see anything. Called the police as soon as I got home to report it.

Fingers Crossed.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Try baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and a little dish soap. It's great for killing skunk smell on animals, as the baking soda and peroxide react to create oxygen bubbles, which attach and kill odor and the dish soap breaks up any oils that may be harboring odor so the h202 and soda can destroy it.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder how hydrogen peroxide may react to the bundle of wires?
So far I have not needed to use the baking soda & peroxide, but I may still have to, time will tell.
The wash today was significant, using warm dish soap & then Armorall wash wax & protect, that smells great.
Then re-spayed with Lysol and then laid on this little super concentrated Glade-powerful stuff!

After 4 hours, lifted the hood and it smells like mega Lysol & Glade Ultra.
When it's hot under the hood will be the real test again tomorrow.
I expect in the next day or so, to finish with one more soap power wash & LPS pre-solve orange de-greaser.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score

THE TRUTH. I was very blessed to have had some great memories shared with my Dad before he left this world in July last year. Your parents are gold. Every moment with our loved ones is priceless, no matter how small. I definitely talk to my mom a lot more now than I already did. I hope your mom's hospital stay is a short one Tom. I hope she comes out of it for the better.