What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil today, if anyone is needing one I suggest going to Wally World and getting this while you can!
only $22 on rollback for 5 qts of full synthetic and about $7 for this synthetic filter.. all I ever use on the Challenger and the Jeep anymore
Can't go wrong with only paying $30 for an oil change- took my car when I first got it to Valvoline and was charged over $200 for synthetic and coolant flush :favorites68: never again!

You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
ONLY reason I go to Walmart a couple of times a year to get Mobil 1, usually 20-21 for 5 quart jug, buy two -three at a time and don't have to be in there much ! LOL

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Mobil 1 at first, then tried Pennzoil’s Full Synthetic made from Natural Gas and noticed it held up great
She’s burning some oil but not too much, I’d say about a quart or so per oil change with this oil (thinking it might be burning more since it’s made from natural gas but not sure)
Also use it in my car and it runs very smooth but you can’t really go wrong with true synthetics
Changing them every 3,500mi or so is a good interval for me, always keeping fresh fluid going through the engine keeps her running great and even though it may burn more, I change it so often it’s no big deal

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've always changed mine every 3-3500 miles, habit I got into years ago and still do it, no matter what some say

zachr766

Reaction score
a couple weeks back, i finally got my 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers installed. really improved the stance and noticeably improved stability. i also pounded the pinch welds flat and molded the wheel liners to eliminate rubbing.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
Do you have bigger tires at all? Been thinking about wheel spacers but not sure about them. But I like the look yours has.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's possible to over change oil...doesn't fully establish the anti wear film or whatever. Something they talk about on the oil forum.

Fram Ultra is one of the best filters around, nothing at all like the crap Fram of yesteryear. Would never run a Tearolator or anything with louvers. Fram is actually a viable option these days. Running a Wix on mine now.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have bigger tires at all? Been thinking about wheel spacers but not sure about them. But I like the look yours has.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Nope, stock size 235/65R17 Hankook Dynapro all terrain tires

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still run the syntech stuff from wally world. Once a year I send in an oil sample from each of the vehicles for analysis. As long as they keep coming back saying it's still got life left I'll stick with my 6000 mile oil change interval. (except on the neon. since it's the toy with a high stressed engine it doesn't see that many miles in a year, and gets either an annual or 3000 mile change.)

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of us with 17" rims, Is there a wider, but not taller option tire size anyone has tried with factory ride height?

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Cooler @ night, tires bumped up a few psi now to 38 again.
60360[/ATTACH]"]

At 2000 miles oil was down 1/3 of quart.
I added 5 oz of MMO to crankcase and the Penzoil Platinum to full line now.
Jeep seems to have liked it after a good boogie!
60362[/ATTACH]"]

The revised new PCV system works great. Cap and baffle remains super clean.
Will see how it does this winter.
60364[/ATTACH]"]

As colder night temps set in, I like to check the battery terminals, for being tight !
So far so good.
60366[/ATTACH]"]

Rear diff service coming up soon, along with spraying all the rubber boots with silicone spray.

Attachments

• gkcFyMw.jpg
    gkcFyMw.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 0
  • R66b7VA.jpg
    R66b7VA.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 0
  • pxMwygl.jpg
    pxMwygl.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 0
  • vhzqYSs.jpg
    vhzqYSs.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 0

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Rear diff service coming up soon, along with spraying all the rubber boots with silicone spray.

Does that dry them out at all? I've read the silicone is ok but it's the propellant that hurts rubber. Never have touched any of mine with anything but soapy water at the DIY wash.

What I did today:
XJ: Drove it a bit
KL: Discovered a torn LBJ boot from when the dealer put new CV axles in it:favorites68:
KJ: Nothing. Hasn't been driven since Friday
LR3: Loaded it up with supplies to do a shower remodel....8 sheets of backer board, shower base etc...works great! :gr_grin:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The silicone spray keeps em clean, & in good condition. Have not seem them ever dry out or crack.
I use this:
60373[/ATTACH]"]

Also drove today to start stocking up on good -40c windshield washer fluid.
Going to get 5 more next trip..
60375[/ATTACH]"]

Hate it when stores are sold out in winter! :gr_grin:

Attachments

• bsMi1MK.jpg
    bsMi1MK.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 0
  • pAqxcxE.jpg
    pAqxcxE.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 0

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always buy washer fluid by the case.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prepping the KJ for my first hunting trip of the year, about 650 miles round trip. Went to the Quadratec tent sale in my neck of the woods this weekend with close to 75 miles highway driving. I noticed a good amount of steering wheel shake and vibe at highway speed is now present that wasn't there a few weeks ago after a CV axle replacement. Rode great for about three weeks (might be a new record!) now back to chasing issues. Starting with a tire balance and rotation tomorrow.

Bruceb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive this beast for work (closing in on 310k), drove just south of the Napa/Sonoma fires here in NorCal. Got home Still stinks of smoke. Feebreeze anyone?