What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to either.....

1) lower the jeep....

2) lift the garage.....

Do they make lift kits for garages????

:happy175:

Dave

Yes , well in a way. Back in 78 we lifted a buddys garage roof up 4 foot. Cement block garage so was pretty easy really . After he built his 4 wheel drive van couldn't get in anymore LOL

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Instead of all this fun, someone could offer a few hints about prying the trim off so I can get the wires through the roof. I'm going to drill the son of a biscuit eater if I don't have an answer soon. :flamingdevil:

Prying what trim
I never had to pry anything off, screws hold some on going down door pillar
Only running two wire, one for outside lights one for inside, ground to bolts holding feet of roof rails down.under the foot which also is right at the drivers door , remove screws running up windshield pillar , hide wires, reinstall 5 minute job

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Prying what trim
I never had to pry anything off, screws hold some on going down door pillar
Only running two wire, one for outside lights one for inside, ground to bolts holding feet of roof rails down.under the foot which also is right at the drivers door , remove screws running up windshield pillar , hide wires, reinstall 5 minute job
Are you talking about the inside trim where the grab bar is?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the inside trim where the grab bar is?

zno......:emotions34::icon_razz:
PM me cell phone number I'll take some pictures, waiting for Salsa to cook down anyways

pictures waiting to send to you !

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok be back in a bit, have to go can some salsa up, should have about 12-14 pints ! :gr_grin:
Can't wait on that green Jeep all evening LOL

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok be back in a bit, have to go can some salsa up, should have about 12-14 pints ! :gr_grin:
Can't wait on that green Jeep all evening LOL
Sorry, I had to actually do my job for a while. Friday nights are always a crapshoot.

12-14 pints, huh? Is that the amount of salsa? Or the amount of beer you drink while making it? drunk.gif

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used it as a cargo carrier. Fully loaded inside and out. If I lit gas on fire it would have gone away slower lol
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I had to actually do my job for a while. Friday nights are always a crapshoot.

12-14 pints, huh? Is that the amount of salsa? Or the amount of beer you drink while making it? drunk.gif

Ended up with 11 pints of salsa, plus ate a pint...
but only drank 1 beer and well, .... then some Long Island Iced Teas

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Retired her from service officially.....

Sad day
shall we all bow our heads and have a minute of silence....

The best days were spent with you my dear departed Jeep.
No matter if we were with friends, alone on a new trail, or just going to a local park, you took me and never complained.
I knew what freedom felt like because you were with me anytime, anywhere I went. I knew every little creak , every little noise you shared with me.
Now that you are gone,I miss you, no matter how my day started as soon as I walked out the door there you were waiting and it made me smile.
Now I see others walking out to their Jeeps with smiles on their faces and I know what they are seeing and feeling.
I miss you my friend and will never forget you no matter what my next love will be, but know you were my best ( even if you were silver ) .

Rev. Mudd

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Went to look at a KJ as a possible spare for parts. It was an 05 Sport, 144k miles, Light Khaki, 2wd. Had some body damage. Figured since it was 2wd, it might be pretty rust free since I'd presume it came from the south. Got there and it's a rust bucket. Doesn't look like anything would unbolt without breaking. Drove it and it actually drove pretty good. Needed a steering rack and had a CEL for an evap leak. Decided it's not worth it, they wanted $3995 and they paid $2800. Had rust in the doors etc, had been badly repainted on the driver's side, so it's not like any of the panels were of use anyway. Could've been one to flip, if I could've gotten it for $1500-2000 and it been 4wd. 2wd would be a hard sell, they've had it since October of 2016...

Sidenote: I don't think they knew it was 2wd, the sales guy was shocked when I pointed it out and said he didn't know they made 2wd ones. So they overpaid, figured they could sell it as a 4x4 Jeep if nothing else.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used her as a tree puller. 4 low and off we go. I was on chainsaw while my brother drove.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Bruceb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for you folks that have roof baskets. I see in pics that you have "flush" mounted baskets along the rails. My Reny's Yakima mounts/rails are at leat 3 inches high, and the basket then sits on that. What do you folks use? Thanks!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Fence hardware...check the How to and Fabrication sections. Quite a few writeups.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Question for you folks that have roof baskets. I see in pics that you have "flush" mounted baskets along the rails. My Reny's Yakima mounts/rails are at leat 3 inches high, and the basket then sits on that. What do you folks use? Thanks!

Before anyone else answers
You have a Renegade/ what year ?
If 02-04 does it have the tupperware ?
If not using it most go easy route with fencing hardware etc
of course I chose a path less taken