What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Prof ..Lights look good up there!
Now good luck & get em wired and bright for the night pic! :gr_grin:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today, I removed my skid plates (trans. + TC)
Tomorrow, I'll be removing my tow hooks.

...naked jeep now......:happy175:

After starting this project a year ago, I finally got my offroad lights mounted. There are two work lights on the rear of the roof rack, too. All ready, except for getting the wiring inside and hooked up. Everything on the outside end is complete, save for adjusting them once they are working.

You must be registered for see images attach

I still need to get the wires inside the passenger compartment.

Full story here: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f293/debating-offroading-lighting-idea-60401/

My next project will be to boil a three-minute egg, a process I anticipate will require several weeks.

Awesome Jeep Prof........oh wait, now you gotta take all that crap off the top to get it in the garage......:happy175:

Dave

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sota, just by the description of wander in both directions, time 4 a new rack & pinion.
TwoBob's used a reman from Detroit axle Link: Any advice on replacing steering rack bushings? - JeepForum.com
I have had to do my bushings 3 times now, mainly the driver's side cause of oil spills getting on that bushing.
I now use gorilla tape covering the top of driver's bushing, before oil filter removals.

well that *****. jeep has under 66k miles on it, and it's been doing this for quite a while.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do I not have any tow hooks on the front where they should be?
I need tow hooks and D links for the front

Only some editions came with tow hooks

My 02 limited was supposed to have all the works (buildsheet), factory tow hooks and full skids but all I had was the fuel tank and tcase skids. Guess the PO removed the rest. I could see where the tow hooks were mounted and there were a few stray bolts where the engine skid was. I pulled the clutch fan and the tcase skid before I donated it. Hoping to get them on my 05 someday. I'm like Prof, takes me 10xs as long as you'd think to do most of this stuff. :gr_grin:

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After starting this project a year ago, I finally got my offroad lights mounted. There are two work lights on the rear of the roof rack, too. All ready, except for getting the wiring inside and hooked up. Everything on the outside end is complete, save for adjusting them once they are working.

I still need to get the wires inside the passenger compartment.

Full story here: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f293/debating-offroading-lighting-idea-60401/

My next project will be to boil a three-minute egg, a process I anticipate will require several weeks.
Looks good!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

djtimyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I did this yesterday:

and I got a response!

My KJ is not even close (133k) but my XJ just crossed this milestone. Apparently they will issue these at 100, 200, 300 and 400k miles. I haven't seen one of these on a Jeep before but I'm looking forward to putting it on mine!

If you want yours - go HERE (liblightk)

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mom has one for her plymouth reliant. made the 200k milestone. took 25 years.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered the mrx1 knockoff moabs to lighten the load on each wheel 20 lbs. Will throw the cragars on when going on moderate/heavy trails or camping....or maybe just sell them.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a great time on the wheeling trip with Myke. Unfortunately ended in some nasty trail damage. Guess I'm getting a new door.

To go downhill, I had to make a tight turn by a tree sticking out. Jeep slid a bit right into the tree. Bad part is, I was the second one to do it at the same spot. And someone shattered their window at the same spot after me. Tree - 3, Jeeps - 0.

Tree 4 Jeeps 0

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...Awesome Jeep Prof........oh wait, now you gotta take all that crap off the top to get it in the garage......:happy175:

Dave
I had about 2" to spare before I added the lights. I'm going to try it to be sure, but it looks like the lights added 3". :emotions34:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So I did this yesterday:

and I got a response!

My KJ is not even close (133k) but my XJ just crossed this milestone. Apparently they will issue these at 100, 200, 300 and 400k miles. I haven't seen one of these on a Jeep before but I'm looking forward to putting it on mine!

If you want yours - go HERE (liblightk)

I have 3 of the 200,000 and a 100,000 one, funny thing is I get them but never even use them . Hold hem up on the Jeep and then say nope, don't like the look:emotions34:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I had about 2" to spare before I added the lights. I'm going to try it to be sure, but it looks like the lights added 3". :emotions34:

Back way way way up from the garage
now go really really really fast into the garage
The lights will either alter the door or the door will alter the lights
BUT you should be able to get in at least....................

:happy175:

Relooking at them, looks like you could drop them down at least an inch or more, lots of room under them

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
ordered the mrx1 knockoff moabs to lighten the load on each wheel 20 lbs. Will throw the cragars on when going on moderate/heavy trails or camping....or maybe just sell them.

I still have an used one of those sitting in the garage
ended up with it in some wheeling and dealing
need another one?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...Relooking at them, looks like you could drop them down at least an inch or more, lots of room under them
I could, and even started to do it. I'd have to remove the wind fairing, though. The back of the lights is bumping on it now. I had to use one of the mounting spacers that came with the light to get them on there at all. I would much prefer them to be below the top of the roof rack, for a number of reasons.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

You need to either.....

1) lower the jeep....

2) lift the garage.....

Do they make lift kits for garages????

:happy175:

Dave

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Instead of all this fun, someone could offer a few hints about prying the trim off so I can get the wires through the roof. I'm going to drill the son of a biscuit eater if I don't have an answer soon. :flamingdevil: