What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last year, had to have my windshield removed at a body shop because it had rusted through the top. I was going to have my WS replaced but they would do it because of the rust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Uh-oh, that's exactly where mine is rusting too, top of the windshield. I have a good sized rust-bubble under the paint.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to go start it this morning...no crank. No lights. No door locks. Nothing. Dead as a doornail. What gives?? I just drove it yesterday. Had no problems restarting it down the road after I dropped my buddy off at his house.

Any resolution?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did that in a parking lot for a lady one time. bottle of water and some baking soda cleaned up most of the mess. turned out the clamp was like 99% corroded.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The nearby forest fires and all the smoke forced me to drive my KJ to the hospital last night. I prob'ly shouldn't have driven myself because I was coughing a lot and dizzy and my breathing was labored, but I did anyway. I was released early this morning. I'm feeling better, but the smoke is a little worse - okay, as long as I stay inside and don't open any windows or doors or operate air conditioning. I thought about driving to Reno, but reports say they are socked in with smoke too. This is the worst I can remember in the last 10 or 12 years. But at least I got to drive my KJ. :D

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Hope the smoke clears for you Jim.
Our BC forests are burning up at a rapid pace. $175 million spent fighting them so far ...
Interactive map from western Canada shows the smoke about to nail us.. (red ppm is real bad)
90F to boot ++ link: Smoke Forecast - FireSmoke.ca

Aztimer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The nearby forest fires and all the smoke forced me to drive my KJ to the hospital last night. I prob'ly shouldn't have driven myself because I was coughing a lot and dizzy and my breathing was labored, but I did anyway. I was released early this morning. I'm feeling better, but the smoke is a little worse - okay, as long as I stay inside and don't open any windows or doors or operate air conditioning. I thought about driving to Reno, but reports say they are socked in with smoke too. This is the worst I can remember in the last 10 or 12 years. But at least I got to drive my KJ. :D

Take care out there. Hope it clears up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corroded battery. Cleaned up the terminals and she started right up.

Good thing it was such a simple fix.

Damn, glad you're ok.

Aztimer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh-oh, that's exactly where mine is rusting too, top of the windshield. I have a good sized rust-bubble under the paint.

The body shop had to repair it repainted it, then they let the window guy put in the new windshield. About $300. For the body shop.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The body shop had to repair it repainted it, then they let the window guy put in the new windshield. About $300. For the body shop.

Around here that'd be about $3000. :favorites68:

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah.... busy summer. One of these days I'll update my journal here.

I did get to replace my radiator yesterday. Only changed out the bottom hose though. Figured the top one would be easy enough to get to and see signs of failure. Screw those crimp clamps - I went with regular hose clamps.

While I was at Autobone, got some oil and changed the oil too. I'll be putting on 2000-2500 miles in the next 2 weeks. Hopefully the fish are biting at Lake Shetek, MN!

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah.... busy summer. One of these days I'll update my journal here.

I did get to replace my radiator yesterday. Only changed out the bottom hose though. Figured the top one would be easy enough to get to and see signs of failure. Screw those crimp clamps - I went with regular hose clamps.

While I was at Autobone, got some oil and changed the oil too. I'll be putting on 2000-2500 miles in the next 2 weeks. Hopefully the fish are biting at Lake Shetek, MN!

i highly recommend the spring clamp versus the screw clamp.

the last mech who replaced my radiator changed it to the screw clamp without me knowing.

x.x