What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, he's talking about the long drive back after his mom's funeral. Mine was from CT to MD; I know the feeling all too well.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a long trip back from Virginia. I used to enjoy that drive...

I had to go to Schenectady this weekend. Went through Scranton so I could hang out with my parents on the way up and the way back. I'm dreading a drive like you had prof.

On the KJ side I did 774 miles and averaged 24.7 mpg on the 05. Wonder how much better it will be when I change the plugs and get some decent tires? Pretty sure they're the original plugs (tires definitely are) with almost 49k on them.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Ghetto fix from last night on the trail. Today I replaced the sliders and bolts.

Also found a remote starter the PO installed. Going to order replacement remotes and see if it works.

I think tomorrow I'm going to do the front and rear diff fluid. No idea when the PO last did them. Ive got to look up the correct weight I don't remember if it's 85-140 or 80-90 or 80-140 or 70-90 for offroading a lot but I know I want non-synthetic. Or maybe I'll order a better rear diff cover first.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
God that remote start install looks like a blind ******** sith lord midget ******* did it.

Aztimer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed the yellow haze from the head lights and fog lights.
They look great for the $8. I sent on the remover from Turtle Wax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up changing the rear diff fluid with Lucas 85-140w. Front will be same oil as rear but tomorrow since I think I need to remove the skid.

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving in fulltime 4wd done about 100km(60 mile) go over a bump in the road and I start hearing grinding noises I slow down put it back into 2wd all is good no noise. Any clues????

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving in fulltime 4wd done about 100km(60 mile) go over a bump in the road and I start hearing grinding noises I slow down put it back into 2wd all is good no noise. Any clues????

Could be a cv. I'd check front axels. If not that maybe transfer case side cv of front drive shaft. When in 4wd there is stress on one of them so when you go back to 2wd they're unloaded.

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More likely drive shafts then both prop shaft tv's are new

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Helped a friendly neighbor get his too-tight and noodled-up lug nuts loose so he could swap his tires. Replaced all the junky two piece lug nuts with good chrome lug nuts. I always hated those things with the stamped steel covers on them. Form flunking function.

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed the yellow haze from the head lights and fog lights.
They look great for the $8. I sent on the remover from Turtle Wax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hear your pain there! i usually just use the same turtle wax ice speed compound that i use on the rest of the vehicle

You must be registered for see images attach

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hear your pain there! i usually just use the same turtle wax ice speed compound that i use on the rest of the vehicle

You must be registered for see images attach

Dang, I like those bumpers you have on your KJ - and the stenciling on the lightbar covers

(flagusa)

Bob

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the front diff fluid with 85-140. Replaced o2 sensor in bank 2 sensor 1.

Checked torque on all front brake bolts. Going to check rear lugs and spacer lugs before hitting the trail later today.

righopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Head unit swap for a new Pioneer AVH-5800 BHS. Installed an overhead Mic for hands free, Sirius 300 tuner adapter for Satellite radio, antenae adapter for HD radio, and installed a night vision backup camera below the spare to tie the whole system together. Now have both phones and iPOD all connected automatically via Bluetooth. Loving Life!

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk