What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Those are identical to mine! Well mine are aluminum tubing, nothing inside. Works great for the ski/snowboard rack, no issues.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
It'll be fine. Looks good.

I used 2x4s as crossmembers to carry a 28' extension ladder home from the store. All tied off securely.

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parked on track . As promised action jeep.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll be fine. Looks good.

I used 2x4s as crossmembers to carry a 28' extension ladder home from the store. All tied off securely.

I have a smaller 8' ladder to bring today, and in about a month I need to bring back my 32' extension ladder. If you did 28' then what's an extra 4' right?

I might wait on the extension ladder... it must be 16-17' closed, how long is the Jeep, 14.5' approx? I wonder how legal/safe it is on the highway for an hour or so.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you were in the states, i'd say you'd be fine as long as it has the requisite red bull fighter flag attached to the end(s) sticking out, and you tied that sucker down like you were going tornado hunting.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's no bigger than a canoe,strap it and flag it both ends and you should be ok.

Gyro

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a smaller 8' ladder to bring today, and in about a month I need to bring back my 32' extension ladder. If you did 28' then what's an extra 4' right?

I might wait on the extension ladder... it must be 16-17' closed, how long is the Jeep, 14.5' approx? I wonder how legal/safe it is on the highway for an hour or so.

I have hauled a 32 foot ( fully extended ) so 17-18 foot long on mine 250 miles on the Interstate here in Ohio with no issues.
Only thing was about 80 I had this weird whistling noise LOL

K9JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K9Jeep:
I'll take some shots later on today after I give it a quick rinse.
Sounds good. I'm into detailing so I get excited when someone says they have just finished detailing their vehicle. I know most people like their Jeep dirty but I like mine clean

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds good. I'm into detailing so I get excited when someone says they have just finished detailing their vehicle. I know most people like their Jeep dirty but I like mine clean

I like taking mine off road, BUT as soon as thats done it gets detailed.
Those that are leaving them dirty don't know or can't see any damage etc that may have happened.
Plus muds ******* metal and rubber parts so all they're doing it is trying to make people believe they are ******** off roaders :gr_grin:

K9JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like taking mine off road, BUT as soon as thats done it gets detailed.
Those that are leaving them dirty don't know or can't see any damage etc that may have happened.
Plus muds ******* metal and rubber parts so all they're doing it is trying to make people believe they are ******** off roaders :gr_grin:
Very true, most people have no idea how easy is it to mess your paint up, especially our cheaper domestic paint.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think the KJs paint is as good, if not better than the LR3s, for what it's worth. Harder, which seems less susceptible to micromarring and swirling. The XJ looks good at 21 years old too.
You must be registered for see images attach

K9JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the KJs paint is as good, if not better than the LR3s, for what it's worth. Harder, which seems less susceptible to micromarring and swirling. The XJ looks good at 21 years old too.

Wow that does look good! How often do you detail it?

And by cheap I meant in comparison to Most European paint, I think German paint is the best. But you are right, the paint on my KJ looks great after 10 years, obviously the previous owner took care of it.
Japanese paint has to be some of the worst I have detailed, my WRX clear coat is extremely thin, can burn very quickly.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As promised here's two quick shots:

Here's one not long after buying it:
[/URL][/IMG]
On the way up to these:
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow that does look good! How often do you detail it?

And by cheap I meant in comparison to Most European paint, I think German paint is the best. But you are right, the paint on my KJ looks great after 10 years, obviously the previous owner took care of it.
Japanese paint has to be some of the worst I have detailed, my WRX clear coat is extremely thin, can burn very quickly.

Ah I've never dealt with any German paint. I do remember reading that about Japanese paint on the detailing forum- it's white Toyotas or Hondas that are still single stage!

Thanks! I've just detailed the XJ twice. I use Klasse Sealant on it, seems to work well despite the salt here! I've had it going on 1.5 years. So the POs treated it pretty well, it spent most of its life in northern IL.

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have hauled a 32 foot ( fully extended ) so 17-18 foot long on mine 250 miles on the Interstate here in Ohio with no issues.
Only thing was about 80 I had this weird whistling noise LOL

I didn't realize the noise it would make. Just the cross bars on the way there were already a bit noisy, on the way back it vibrated like crazy. I tied everything down really tight but I didn't think to put something down (rubber or rags) between the cross bars and the ladder. Stopped a couple of times (once for coffee and once for gas) and checked but it was still tight, just very loud.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe 100ft into the trail my front bolts that hold the caliper onto the caliper bracket. The tiniest of the 2 sets of bolts for the calipers. The front drivers side fell out some how. Heard it right away. Pulled the wheel off and the caliper was sitting half off the rotor. Luckily didn't fall off and compress because I don't have a clamp in the Jeep but will carry one now. Couldn't find the bolts while walking in front of my friends grand cherokee and using his headlights to see. Ended up having 2 bolts left over from my light bar installation. Correct threads but about twice as long. Put them in tight and the used mechanics wire to hold onto them incase they backed out on the drive home (45 mins). Made it home safe and with them still in. So tomorrow I'm going over every bolt with my torque wrench and checking everything.

So disappointed I didn't get to go hit the trails. Just rained for a few days and it's muddy. Going back Monday night.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
One time I had a caliper bracket bolt fall out and it took out the rim. Heard this awful rubbing noise then a pop, TPMS light came on. Gashed the rim and let all the air out. Had to be towed. Now I always use blue loctite on brake stuff and the torque wrench.

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is not Jeep related, but I once had a caliper on a motorcycle come off and it wedged between my front tire and fork. From highway speeds I came to an abrupt stop, pretty sure my rear tire was lifted off the ground and I had all my weight leaning on the handle bars hanging on for dear life. Turned out the garage where I just had my tires changed decided to let some old man change the tire who wasn't a mechanic, just someone retired that was bored and wanted to tinker. Long story short, once he replaced the tire I never went back there again... loctite isn't a bad idea.