What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
While doing a tire rotation yesterday I noticed my ball joint boots looking a bit rough. Replaced the front passenger side UCA this evening. That was the worst looking one. Boot was practically gone. Front lowers were replaced under recall according to CarFax and looked okay but they'll be changed soon. The driver's side front upper is cracked bad but still intact so that'll get done this weekend. Had a couple of cheap Dormans on the shelf so I'll run them until I get the JBAs over the summer. The joys of buying a very low mileage vehicle. Must have sat way too much. Use it or lose it I guess.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't set my KJ on fire and push it off a cliff...

The last month has been one thing after another...

Tis the Jeep life. I did my front wheel bearings to quiet the howl. Now it's soo quiet up front that I can hear the rear howl. :gr_grin:

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100 mile round trip to pick up 40 trees.
also did the 66k mile oil change last night.
just looked and realized I did the plugs at 33k miles.
thinking maybe I should change 'em again?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Funny how no matter what type, brand, style, lifted or lowered, red, yellow, black or green someone somewhere is threatening to set theirs on fire, shoot it, drown it etc.
Jeep owners complain bout Jeeps, Yota owners complain about Yota's
No matter what you have someone is going to complain.

My Jeeps etc have never gave me any real issues, I mean parts wear out, things need replaced but not enough to complain about.
Well of course there was the 49 Ford, it always stopped in front of this one bar every night , but the bar tender was cute, the beer was cold and the pizza hot so I could stand a little pain

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
so does that like mean change 'em?

Change em, doing mine next day off . ( little ahead of time but a couple of longer trips coming up soon)
Hard to believe I've put over 26,000 miles on the Green one already

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About to start the 364 mile trek to St George for the St George 399 off road racing
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
decided the new nickname for my jeep is "Thirsty Turtle." Even the washer fluid, it took half a gallon to top up that tank the other day!

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I invited a friend to go hunting for photos with me today. He's been in my KJ before, but not 4-wheelin' and not at all since my lift and new wheels & tires. I guess I was showing off a little and tried some terrain I wouldn't have normally tried alone.

We got to this one side trail that looked really steep. I don't think I've ever tried to climb that steep a trail ever. I pulled up to the foot of it and stopped. He didn't know it was so I could put it in 4W Lo, so he asks if I want him to scout it on foot a ways to see what was over the rise. That would have been a pretty long hike for a heavy, out of shape guy like him. I said, "no, I think the Jeep can do this pretty easy." I didn't actually know that, of course.

I have it in Lo, then slid the gear shift to 1 and practically idled all the way up, over the crest,around a turn, then up a whole bunch more. I thought the guy was gonna have an ******. It was pretty damn amazing and so much fun. We crawled through a couple patches of snow, a bunch of mud, some big rocks and finally came to a place I KNEW the KJ wouldn't make it through. I backed up a few yards, pointed the tail up an embankment ('member the trouble I had backing up in loose dirt before I found out about 4W Lo and reverse) even steeper than the trail, turned around and headed back the way we came.

MAN that was fun. He was guffawing and hooting the whole time and I was laughing and gasping and so frikkin' pleased my KJ could do that. What a great ride - the best one yet.

This isn't what I did to my Jeep today, it's what my Jeep did to me. And I loved it. Did it to my buddy too and he loved it.

I didn't get a single picture either. Nice sunset, but blocked by a lot of green and dead trees. Never been on that trail before, so I didn't know the photo opportunities were so slim. But the ride certainly made up for it.

About to start the 364 mile trek to St George for the St George 399 off road racing
That's a nice looking little trailer. Have you posted about that before? I'd like to learn more about it.

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't posted the trailer before it's a rather simple 6x4 trailer with a lid carries all my camping gear and leaves the jeep empty to carry all the camera gear which for these events is quite a bit.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should be a law, if an Aussie posts a pic of their trailer, they HAVE to do a write up about it. :D

You guys always come up with some interesting things.

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll post some action pics of this beast tree night

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tmrw night that is damn auto correct

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I washed, clay barred, and waxed it. :happy160: Good story Jim. Those are the great moments that become good memories.:happy160:

K9JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I washed, clay barred, and waxed it. :happy160: Good story Jim. Those are the great moments that become good memories.:happy160:
In for pics [emoji106]

I finished my cheap Curt rack I picked up from Amazon. I sprayed it with 4 coats of Rustoleum flat black. I mated it to a set of Apex cross bars I also picked up from Amazon. I wasn't looking to spend a ton of money as I'm not sure how much I'll use the rack but I wanted it for my upcoming road trip. I think it turned out great, once installed everything feels solid, definitely not the quality of others, mostly tack welds, but I think it will hold up for me. It will be perfect for bags of dog food lol

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I brought my ladder up to the cottage in the back of a trailer last fall, and I needed it now to trim the hedges. Jeep is too small to put it inside, so I needed to get a roof rack or some cross bars to strap down the ladder on the roof. I checked at my local Canadian Tire, prices are insane, like $250 - $500 for 2 simple bars that go across the existing rails... and they are "universal". I came close to just using a couple of 2x4's then I remembered I had some old square tubing from a gazebo I had torn down a couple years ago.

The gauge is quite thin...
You must be registered for see images attach

So I decided to rip down some wood to fit as tightly as possible inside the tube.

Then I went to the store and bought the only u-bolts I could find to fit snugly around the rails.

Unfortunately they were too short to use the metal bars vertically (strongest option) so I had to lay them flat. Still, the ladder weighs next to nothing and I could probably still stand on them without bending so I think I'm OK for my needs.

I added some shrink tubing on the metal parts that would be in direct contact with my rails. Here they are before I ran the heat gun over them, forgot to take an after picture.

I also bought some split washers (lock washers) but they were not large enough to fit over the u-bolt diameter. I put a drop of blue lock-tite over each bolt. I have about 1h15m drive each way, should be fine... I hope. :)

Last edited: