What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plow off.
picked up bud's trailer.
plow on.
ballast in.
snow shovel loaded.
gonna load some emergency rations and fluids later tonight.

fatalalbert

Reaction score
My (son's) first jeep

I'm brand new to the forum, and am really happy to see so much informative and entertaining content. Oil and filter change Thursday, day after we bought used from CDJ stealership. I was surprised to see a composite, instead of steel, oil pan. That's great, I guess if you're in road salt regions, but here in (my part at least of) TX that's not an issue, but heat is. Overall though, all of the rubber and plastic seems to be in good shape.

Sooo much easier to get up under there than my 01 Town and Country. I was happy to see you can get to the alt/ac/water & ps pumps, and the belt that drives them so easily.

Did the plugs with stock NGK 6987 #ZFR6F11G V-Power yesterday. I suspect, between the Carfax and condition of the plugs, that they had last been done ~ 72k(odo is now at 103k.) Took about 2 hours, same as my T&C, but more evenly divided between lt and rt. T&C was 10 mins front/1:45 rear.

I'm kind of curious as to why CDJ didn't use their pushrod 3.8 instead of the 3.7 sohc. We went to look at an 06 T&C but the Carfax showed it to be an IL car, and I didn't want to deal with body rust and frozen fasteners anytime I needed to work on it. The TX T&C I really wanted was at a sister stealership; while they were bringing it over for our review, we saw the 05 Libby Sport.

TT&L out the door:

6100-ish

Son waiting at home for a "sensible,proven,reliable,versatile,easy to work on, 4th gen CDP minivan with no rust and a 3.8 or maybe 3.3" sees us pull up in the Libby:gr_grin:

Priceless

Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm brand new to the forum, and am really happy to see so much informative and entertaining content. Oil and filter change Thursday, day after we bought used from CDJ stealership. I was surprised to see a composite, instead of steel, oil pan. That's great, I guess if you're in road salt regions, but here in (my part at least of) TX that's not an issue, but heat is. Overall though, all of the rubber and plastic seems to be in good shape.

Sooo much easier to get up under there than my 01 Town and Country. I was happy to see you can get to the alt/ac/water & ps pumps, and the belt that drives them so easily.

Did the plugs with stock NGK 6987 #ZFR6F11G V-Power yesterday. I suspect, between the Carfax and condition of the plugs, that they had last been done ~ 72k(odo is now at 103k.) Took about 2 hours, same as my T&C, but more evenly divided between lt and rt. T&C was 10 mins front/1:45 rear.

I'm kind of curious as to why CDJ didn't use their pushrod 3.8 instead of the 3.7 sohc. We went to look at an 06 T&C but the Carfax showed it to be an IL car, and I didn't want to deal with body rust and frozen fasteners anytime I needed to work on it. The TX T&C I really wanted was at a sister stealership; while they were bringing it over for our review, we saw the 05 Libby Sport.

TT&L out the door:

6100-ish

Son waiting at home for a "sensible,proven,reliable,versatile,easy to work on, 4th gen CDP minivan with no rust and a 3.8 or maybe 3.3" sees us pull up in the Libby:gr_grin:

Priceless

Welcome!

That 3.8L is a hunk of trash compared to our reliable 3.7. They don't last very long in the JKs nor the TnCs.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a new battery in got and exide 86x for less than $100 at menards. Seems great thus far had a pretty cold morning and she started right up.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered 4" rear jba springs, bilstein rear shocks, 4" bump stops, JBA UCAs, y link extension, and bilstein bushing kit from jba. Left a vm with him asking what would be quicker for instore pick up his adjust a strut or the fox upgrade. Whenever he calls me back I'm ordering the one I can get faster. One I get all these picked up I'm ordering some 265/70/16 tires and hopefully moabs.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just ordered 4" rear jba springs, bilstein rear shocks, 4" bump stops, JBA UCAs, y link extension, and bilstein bushing kit from jba. Left a vm with him asking what would be quicker for instore pick up his adjust a strut or the fox upgrade. Whenever he calls me back I'm ordering the one I can get faster. One I get all these picked up I'm ordering some 265/70/16 tires and hopefully moabs.

So 4 inch lift and only 265-70-16s ?
Most want to go bigger LOL
Either one on the JBA coilovers would do you good
Few Moabs around and still decent prices on them

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it in the snow and went skiing for the first time. On a side note, this Georgia boy is sore af. Love the move to NC, we never got snow back home .
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it in the snow and went skiing for the first time. On a side note, this Georgia boy is sore af. Love the move to NC, we never got snow back home .

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

"Snow" :happy175:

Glad you enjoyed it!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice. My KJ likes the local ski hill. Spends a lot of time there in the winter!

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it out for a 123 mile drive yesterday. Did Idaho Springs to Central City on Virginia Canyon Road (used to be Oh My God road, but it's been tamed waaaaay down). Unfortunately Central City/Blackhawk are gambling towns and my efforts to recoup some lift costs went horribly awry.

I have a bad vibration that starts at 74 mph. No idea what it could be. No tell tale noises I can hear. Tires only have 300 miles on them. Rides pretty stiff too yet.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So 4 inch lift and only 265-70-16s ?
Most want to go bigger LOL
Either one on the JBA coilovers would do you good
Few Moabs around and still decent prices on them
Maybe but Idk if I want to drop $$$ on a new diff to fit 4.65 or whatever the next ratio is over 4.10s. Unless you think 4.10s are enough for 265/75/16?

Amazon prime got me messed up with this same day shipping; ordering Jeep parts now drives me crazy!

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm brand new to the forum, and am really happy to see so much informative and entertaining content.
We like new blood, welcome. I too came here from a 2001 T&C. I liked that car a lot, but my increasing interest in getting to some decidedly off-road locations for photography forced me to start looking for a new way in July 2015. Really happy with my 05 KJ Limited. The support here has been stellar. I wouldn't have the capable Jeep I have today without the members here.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe but Idk if I want to drop $$$ on a new diff to fit 4.65 or whatever the next ratio is over 4.10s. Unless you think 4.10s are enough for 265/75/16?

Amazon prime got me messed up with this same day shipping; ordering Jeep parts now drives me crazy!

Like I stated 4.10s are minimum for 265-75-16s but will work.
4.10s and 33s would be a dog and ******* transmission etc

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I stated 4.10s are minimum for 265-75-16s but will work.
4.10s and 33s would be a dog and ******* transmission etc
In that case I'll go 265/75/16