What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so is there a way to shut off the damn stability control? the traction control button only affects straight line reaction; as soon as I turn the wheel the brakes are being activated by the stability control functions. there were several times yesterday where I needed to swing the back end around but couldn't because SC would stop me. I know why it was kicking in (high steering angle and no actual steering effect) which is why I needed throttle to the rear. with the plow on and down it, well, plows the nose a bit so I need effective rear steer from throttle.

Low range disables a bunch of the throttle stability stuff. If that is satisfactory slippage, try looking at messing with transfer case selector switch while in high range, the resistances are listed on this forum somewhere. Light will be incorrect but might work.

If that is insufficient pull abs fuse.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's not. stability control takes a steering angle signal, and intervenes when it sees that at too high a value, thereby preventing me from doing what I want.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added a resistor to every overhead LED in the KJ and did nothing to it at all
"Canbus" ones and supposedly "no error" yet they still stay on.. also have added a stock bulb to the circuit WITH resistors (after trying just the bulb first) and still did nothing
So I guess it may work for some, but not all

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the resistor on mine and it does nothing also was told the canbus would fix the problem but haven't got around to buying any yet

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added a resistor to every overhead LED in the KJ and did nothing to it at all
"Canbus" ones and supposedly "no error" yet they still stay on.. also have added a stock bulb to the circuit WITH resistors (after trying just the bulb first) and still did nothing
So I guess it may work for some, but not all

Very interesting. Sorry to hear that. Although, again, it doesn't bother me so I don't get what y'all are bellyaching about. :happy175:

MTKross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Took this back out and re-installed the OEM one. For whatever reason everything functioned perfectly but sometimes the blinker wouldn't automatically turn off. Only had it on for a week before it annoyed me lol

If anyone wants it PM me and I'll send it to you. Only asking $20 to cover shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It needed CV's already?

Dave

Yeah. A common issue 2014s and 2015s have is a wobble/shimmy up front when accelerating and mine had it. There's an updated designed that fixes it, so I took them up on some free new parts. :gr_grin:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. A common issue 2014s and 2015s have is a wobble/shimmy up front when accelerating and mine had it. There's an updated designed that fixes it, so I took them up on some free new parts. :gr_grin:

You must be registered for see images attach

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's not. stability control takes a steering angle signal, and intervenes when it sees that at too high a value, thereby preventing me from doing what I want.

out of curosity, you plow in part time Hi or Low? I remember mine not being a problem to crawl through snow in low even with the wheel on the stops.

If you pull the abs fuse, i doubt it would intervene past the light being on.

Other possible options are to fault one of your wheel speed sensors. Passenger side front is the easiest to get to . Just unplug at the clip. might have to remove airbox the first time to put the clip accesible. I know none of these are steering wheel angle input problems but if it can't sense the wheels spinning or otherwise, It might bugger off.

I'm not 100 percent confirmed but i think yaw is controled by the esc, the rest in 4Lo is Brake lock Diff.

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
So what was the new parts lists to stop the shimmy just the cv's or?
I take it that it was not a recall..
I just learned of this..your Jeep can be hacked..ahh woh..1.4 million recalled.
link: Fiat Chrysler recalls 1.4M cars after hack revelations - CBS News
HJ what recalls did you get if any?

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced headlights bulbs with the Phillips x-treme vision 9007s.

Wasn't impressed with the results.
Time for a light bar I guess...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So what was the new parts lists to stop the shimmy just the cv's or?
I take it that it was not a recall..
I just learned of this..your Jeep can be hacked..ahh woh..1.4 million recalled.
link: Fiat Chrysler recalls 1.4M cars after hack revelations - CBS News
HJ what recalls did you get if any?

Just new CVs...it was a TSB.

Haven't gotten that one, but I think that one came out before I got mine so I think it's been done. I don't think mine has any open recalls.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put all new ignition coils on the Jeep last night. I think it has a little bit better acceleration now that the new ones are on there. The old ones only had 109,000 miles on them.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also narrowing down tires.

I had the kumhos on my 02 but leaning towards the bfg or firestone this time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Washed it good, now sitting in the nice warm garage getting ready for a clay bar to massage her body and then a good rub down with some Jax Wax.
Then hit the road for a few days .

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the Skid Row engine & ****** skid plate delivered via UPS today. This was the second time I ordered it and the second time both sellers (major online retailers) told me it was shipped when, in fact, it wasn't shipped. But now it's here and I have it scheduled to be installed, along with a oil & lube, next Wednesday. I can't wait to scratch it up. :gr_grin:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.