What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need to pickup some more HOAT tomorrow then try burping it again later tomorrow. A bit cold here today compared to recent so I wimped out after putting the support plate and front driveshaft back in. Had to replace one of the rusty spring bolts on the driverside near the cat. Screwed it up when I was messing with lining up the manifold with the cat during the engine reinstall. .

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Well good luck getting it all back in ship shape again, hope it warms up soon too.
Right now it is just nasty here, sleet /snow freezing rain, roads are a nightmare.
The only thing missing is a good ole winter lightning storm...ha ha..

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went for a 40 mile drive on the back roads. Started to crack the rear windows for air and the drivers side made a God awful noise on the way down. Rolled it up and will take a look this weekend. At 140K I'm probably overdue for a window regulator failure.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a cool air intake. I still have to put the last piece on but the duct is ran to the grill so it functions just as well for now.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the e-brake adjustment trick where you hold the tab and tighten the slack on the cable. Worked great for the first 5 or so uses, but now its back to exactly how it was. Ill have to adjust it again. I wish there was a more permanent fix! Pain in the backside taking out the centre console each time.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stickers: worth 50HP, or 10* incline

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a p0301 on my way to work, ended up replacing all 6 accel coils with oem Mopar...which we had in Stock at work.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

MTKross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put window vent visors on and stared at the rear tire cover for 10 minutes trying to decide wether to keep it on or leave it off lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTKross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it has been a few days since I did this but I got a couple of big projects out of the way that I had been wanting to do for awhile now. I got the transfer case side of the drive shaft rebuilt. I put my Genright Off Road louvers on so as to get rid of some of the heat from the engine bay while off road. And I installed my new JVC head unit. But I am still waiting to get my Detour Backbone. But I will be ready this summer for some good off roading trips. One of those is to hopefully include Black Bear Road.

You must be registered for see images attach

Did you use an adhesive to attach them to the hood?

I like the idea behind these but how do you keep water out of the engine bay?

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you use an adhesive to attach them to the hood?

I like the idea behind these but how do you keep water out of the engine bay?

They are held on the hood with rivets. And there is no real way to keep water out of the engine bay as the whole bottom of the engine is exposed...:happy175:

And I don't think it should really cause an issue unless you are fording a river, and then you might have bigger problems.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They are held on the hood with rivets. And there is no real way to keep water out of the engine bay as the whole bottom of the engine is exposed...:happy175:

And I don't think it should really cause an issue unless you are fording a river, and then you might have bigger problems.

Will more than likely cause an issue when it rains , I had mine out to where when it rained it went down the outside of the motor . Buddy moved his in and everytime it rained hard he had misfires due to coils and plugs getting wet
Mine were a little bit further out than this, these were ones I installed on another friends.

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
these motors don't like to get wet, that's for sure.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok if that is the case is it an issue with water sitting in the spark plug holes and getting though the boots on those? Cause I have washed my engine at the car wash several times and then driven it and I have never had any issues with it being wet.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok if that is the case is it an issue with water sitting in the spark plug holes and getting though the boots on those? Cause I have washed my engine at the car wash several times and then driven it and I have never had any issues with it being wet.

Yes thats what it is, he cleaned ( power washed ) his motor all the time. Let it sit in a down pour then misfires, even with new Mopar coils.

But oh well good luck
this is going to be another one like I already had today................LOL

MTKross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will more than likely cause an issue when it rains , I had mine out to where when it rained it went down the outside of the motor . Buddy moved his in and everytime it rained hard he had misfires due to coils and plugs getting wet
Mine were a little bit further out than this, these were ones I installed on another friends.

That's what I was wondering. I'm in Florida and when it rains it monsoons. I like the idea of getting the heat out of the engine bay but don't want to have electrical issues if water is getting in.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes thats what it is, he cleaned ( power washed ) his motor all the time. Let it sit in a down pour then misfires, even with new Mopar coils.

But oh well good luck
this is going to be another one like I already had today................LOL

Ok that would make sense. I have only really washed it due to power steering fluid being thrown everywhere. I don't do it all the time, but I do understand what you are saying and it is something that I will keep in mind for the future. Although here in Colorado we don't get the same kind of rain other places do. For the most part what we get here are just small passing showers with a few big rains a year. Also not sure that it makes any difference but my louvers don't slant down into the hood, they are at an upward angle and the openings on mine are facing forward.

MTKross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok that would make sense. I have only really washed it due to power steering fluid being thrown everywhere. I don't do it all the time, but I do understand what you are saying and it is something that I will keep in mind for the future. Although here in Colorado we don't get the same kind of rain other places do. For the most part what we get here are just small passing showers with a few big rains a year. Also not sure that it makes any difference but my louvers don't slant down into the hood, they are at an upward angle and the openings on mine are facing forward.

A buddy of mine knows a guy that races boats for a living. There is a mesh fabric he uses on his intakes that allows air to pass through but not water. He says it's pricey but used to use it on his open air filters for motorcycles as well. May be able to put a layer of that under the louvers to keep water out

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Facing forward ???
Why ?