What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know but my vice is my vise and has been for a while! In fact I'm still looking for another vise... a post leg vise! This vice is tiring.

getting a post leg vise will ease your vise vice, just my vise vice advise

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Silly mod. Took off the wooden spacer I had for spare tire mount, put spare tire mount right side up and put spare tire on inside out. Looks like offset rim.
You must be registered for see images

I actually did this yesterday but I've been a Facebook group dweller lately and forgot to post it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOVE AWAY FROM FACEBOOK :gr_grin::emotions34::happy175:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started the 02 for the first time since the beginning of August when the engine died. Took me that long to finally get the crank kit installed. Cranked it a bit with the ASD pulled and then it fired right up. Was surprisingly quiet. Even the timing chain chatter was gone. I guess the bad primary tensioner I found during disassembly was causing it. I'm always so surprised when I actually get the timing right :gr_grin:

All you real mechanics out there have my utmost respect! :happy160:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
every time I fire up a motor build for the first time is a maalox moment for me. so far none have resulted in heartbreak.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it has been a few days since I did this but I got a couple of big projects out of the way that I had been wanting to do for awhile now. I got the transfer case side of the drive shaft rebuilt. I put my Genright Off Road louvers on so as to get rid of some of the heat from the engine bay while off road. And I installed my new JVC head unit. But I am still waiting to get my Detour Backbone. But I will be ready this summer for some good off roading trips. One of those is to hopefully include Black Bear Road.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looks like the same head unit I have

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blinged it out

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped out the coolant for Zerex G05. Im not convinced I was able to get all of the old coolant out as the manual says it takes 14 litres, but I was able to get about 9 litres in. :/

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I know but my vice is my vise and has been for a while! In fact I'm still looking for another vise... a post leg vise! This vice is tiring.

getting a post leg vise will ease your vise vice, just my vise vice advise
(Sung to the tune of "Mr. Ed".)

His vise is his vice, it's nice, it's nice
Ask him - he'll tell you not once but twice
Go purchase your own - that's his advice
It weighs a daggone ton!

Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it to work, loaded with Cat 5e, wire ties, wire labels, cutters, electrical tape, concrete bits....

Ran all new data and communication wire throughout the 3 units, ready for Comcast Fiber internet and a new VOiP phone system. Phew.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swapped out the coolant for Zerex G05. Im not convinced I was able to get all of the old coolant out as the manual says it takes 14 litres, but I was able to get about 9 litres in. :/

After pulling my engine and draining everything from the radiator and having the block sideways and upside down several times, I only put about 11 quarts (about 10.5 liters) back in. It's possible I didn't get it all burped out yet but I'm doubting there would be 3.5 L of air in there. :Insane:

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After pulling my engine and draining everything from the radiator and having the block sideways and upside down several times, I only put about 11 quarts (about 10.5 liters) back in. It's possible I didn't get it all burped out yet but I'm doubting there would be 3.5 L of air in there. :Insane:

Yea it's a bit annoying not being able to get it all. I drained it out, then flushed it with demineralised water which got more coolant out, then refilled it with HOAT. Took it for a test drive and it ran well and didn't overheat. :emotions34:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea it's a bit annoying not being able to get it all. I drained it out, then flushed it with demineralised water which got more coolant out, then refilled it with HOAT. Took it for a test drive and it ran well and didn't overheat. :emotions34:

As long as it doesn't overheat, that's the key. :gr_grin:

Mine probably still has some air in it unless the thermostat decided to stick while it was out. I have a spare. Water pump and cap appear to be okay (it was before). I have spares of those too. I haven't messed with it too much. Top hose was hot, bottom hose was only warm. I couldn't get it to "overheat" while carefully watching it and the efan does work but the hoses didn't seem to be building pressure. Fortunately I really don't need to drive it this week so I'll putter with it in the evenings or next weekend. :emotions34:

drewwenmoth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dug into some surface rust on the doors. Or what i thought was surface rust. Turns out its rusted all the way through. Welded some sheet metal in and bondo and prepped to bedline the beltline down tomorrow. Then tore the rocker panel covers off in preparation to mount my sliders tomorrow. Huuuuge rust hole. More sheet metal, having to put my swinging hand and anvil to good use. Getting ready to weld those in tomorrow. If you havent pulled your rocker covers id advise it and remedy the situation. My rust hadnt crept down to the pinch weld but i can see how it could easily make it down that way. Just a heads up for everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score

since you flushed with DI water, as long as you did the math to add enough 100% HOAT to make it a 50/50 mix you should be good.

That's how I did my flush.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
As long as it doesn't overheat, that's the key. :gr_grin:
Mine probably still has some air in it unless the thermostat decided to stick while it was out. I have a spare. Water pump and cap appear to be okay (it was before). I have spares of those too. I haven't messed with it too much. Top hose was hot, bottom hose was only warm. I couldn't get it to "overheat" while carefully watching it and the efan does work but the hoses didn't seem to be building pressure. Fortunately I really don't need to drive it this week so I'll putter with it in the evenings or next weekend. :emotions34:
Ya it took me 3 days for things to pressurize properly, it was like a baby & just needed burping..LOL
Once it was darn hot, broke the hex bleeder screw slightly(paper towels wrapped) and let it leak out a bit and close bleeder.
Did this 3 days in a row and I had to add a bit to the reservoir each morning, which was a good sign.
The gurgling sound form heater core went away too, set on floor & hot.