What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please.
I installed a hitch and trailer wiring harness, in the parking lot of a dealership during a snow storm, then towed my car home 90 miles with the jeep I just bought (and installed said parts on to.)

The snow didn't make it more difficult, it was just annoying. What made it hard was that the bolts for the hitch didn't want to come out, and that is what took the most amount of time to do. Although bolting it all back in was a little annoying it was the quickest part of it all.

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i squeezed 6 qts out doing a AT Trans Filter Service.

Took the Jeep for a Drive!!
no leaks!

You must be registered for see images attach

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the hand brake shoes. My god that was a bastard of a job! The top springs just wouldn't stretch enough for me. After much cursing, sweating and a twisted knee, I finally got them on. My hand brake isn't even much better for it. :/

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the parking brake setup on these things was designed by satan himself.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Changed the hand brake shoes. My god that was a bastard of a job! The top springs just wouldn't stretch enough for me. After much cursing, sweating and a twisted knee, I finally got them on. My hand brake isn't even much better for it. :/
The regular rear brakes should be adjusted by the spinners.
Then if the parking brake handle is coming up to high...
There is the long handle screwdriver trick...Link: LOST JEEPS • View topic - Adjusting the E-Brake

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The regular rear brakes should be adjusted by the spinners.
Then if the parking brake handle is coming up to high...
There is the long handle screwdriver trick...Link: LOST JEEPS • View topic - Adjusting the E-Brake

That is not how to adjust the parking brake.

That tab is the parking brake lockout and is only used when servicing/replacing the handle,cables,or parking brake assemblies themselfs.Has nothing to do with adjusting them.

from
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/how-adjust-tension-parkingbrake-54515/#post610333

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score

Shoe adjustment happens at the wheels. Too much handle movement adjustment happens under the console between the front seats where the parking brake cables attach to the lever mechanism. Console has to come loose for access.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ thanks. I saw that thread about the cable. Ill give that a try tonight. I hope it works. I hate putting extra strain on the transmission by leaving it just in Park.

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil and installed a new oil pressure sending unit. I'm pretty sure there's a slow oil leak somewhere that I haven't been able to track down, let's see if this makes a difference.

Also bought a pair of Moog PS front UCAs on eBay for $59 each, and Timken wheel hub assemblies for just $75 each :gr_grin:.

Next on the to-do list are the trans pan and crossmember plus a fluid and filter change, and front and rear differential oil changes.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put on my new ARB read diff cover and put all new gear oil in it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online