What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished building my new sub
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Got the Liberty back from having the head gaskets replaced and installed the wife's spare tire cover and WeatherTech mats (Christmas presents). Getting the remote start install scheduled next.

Scott

Looks like yours is in beautiful shape. Has the seat been redone?

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like yours is in beautiful shape. Has the seat been redone?

Yes, the one thing that we did not long after buying it last year was have a local shop redo the front seats. The rest of the Jeep is in really great shape (no rust at all) and the price was very good especially considering how much people wanted for others around here that weren't any where near as nice and with fewer options (rust, no leather, steel wheels, oil covered engines, etc) so we didn't feel bad getting the seats redone to match.

Scott

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to 4 wheel parts to get a skid row gas tank skid, ended up buying some more recovery gear to go with my winch that I was going to need anyway. I bought the skid row gas tank skid as well as 2 new smittybilt d rings, a smittybilt snatch block, a hilift lift mate, and an ARB 16' tree saver. Now all I need is to get my Detour Backbone in. Also got the broken drivers side speed sensor changed out and the dash lights went away. All that I need to change now is the oxygen sensor. Any tricks for that one? This is the downstream drivers side oxygen sensor.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to unhitch the car trailer from mine, as well as get them and the box trailer out of the back yard tomorrow.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to 4 wheel parts to get a skid row gas tank skid, ended up buying some more recovery gear to go with my winch that I was going to need anyway. I bought the skid row gas tank skid as well as 2 new smittybilt d rings, a smittybilt snatch block, a hilift lift mate, and an ARB 16' tree saver. Now all I need is to get my Detour Backbone in. Also got the broken drivers side speed sensor changed out and the dash lights went away. All that I need to change now is the oxygen sensor. Any tricks for that one? This is the downstream drivers side oxygen sensor.
No real tricks for the sensor besides borrowing a sensor wrench for free. Downstream sensors are cake.

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another trip to the junkyard. Got a trans pan, trans crossmember, 1 OTIS from a 2002 KJ and 1 EVIC from a 2006 KJ, and a driver's side knuckle (with CV axle still attached, just couldn't get it to come loose from the hub, so I couldn't separate the knuckle).

Now I have to decide whether to install the EVIC or the OTIS... instant MPG readings or ambient air temperature, hmm...

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...instant MPG readings or ambient air temperature, hmm...
Go for what makes you happy, but I'd pick the ambient air temperature. The gas mileage is just going to waver between "so-so" and "you don't want to know". :gr_grin:

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go for what makes you happy, but I'd pick the ambient air temperature. The gas mileage is just going to waver between "so-so" and "you don't want to know". :gr_grin:

Good point haha. Although I've actually been getting 21-22mpg lately, with mostly highway miles. Up from 15.5mpg when I bought the KJ three months ago.

MTKross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a poor mans cold air intake today. Had an extra oiled K&N filter laying around from my truck so I bought an adapter ($15) and threw it in!
This guy:

Drilled a hole in the side of the old air box:

Drilled same size hole in the top of the filter and added an Allen head bolt with a nut:
You must be registered for see images

Used a couple fender washers and a wing nut to secure it:

And bam done [emoji16]

And I get some shelf space back for more spare parts to collect lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Did a poor mans cold air intake today. Had an extra oiled K&N filter laying around from my truck so I bought an adapter ($15) and threw it in!
This guy:

Drilled a hole in the side of the old air box:

Drilled same size hole in the top of the filter and added an Allen head bolt with a nut:
You must be registered for see images

Used a couple fender washers and a wing nut to secure it:

And bam done [emoji16]

And I get some shelf space back for more spare parts to collect lol

Good job thinking outside the box,.................
But the stock box with good paper filter flows better than what you have now ???
Plus picking up more heat .

Last edited:

MTKross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good job thinking outside the box,.................
But the stock box with good paper filter flows better than what you have now ???
Plus picking up more heat .

I do understand the concern for heat absorption due to the box no longer being enclosed thus not being fed by the pickup tube and gaining engine heat. However the larger available surface area and flow characteristics of the K&N filter can't be sub par to a paper filter?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I do understand the concern for heat absorption due to the box no longer being enclosed thus not being fed by the pickup tube and gaining engine heat. However the larger available surface area and flow characteristics of the K&N filter can't be sub par to a paper filter?

Afraid they are

MTKross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Afraid they are

Killing me smalls lol. I'm over here all excited about the throatier intake noise and slight whistle under acceleration. Then you get all technical on me.....

:::walks outside to put lid back on::::

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or you can do what tom did.
He added a flex circular duct to the front drill to the side of the box.
if you search hard enough you'll find one of his pictures.

IslanderGU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Killing me smalls lol. I'm over here all excited about the throatier intake noise and slight whistle under acceleration. Then you get all technical on me.....

Bruh dont let your hype die out!!! If its what you like, dont be discouraged. [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

islandLifeGu

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Sorry bud, but the stock box , good paper filter does a great job in filtering air, getting and then some of the air it needs.
So yes while you do get more noise and sounds like you have 273 extra horse power you don't really.

But like I said good job trying to think outside the box.
I got the same crap when I was in my early 20s, the old guys I hung out with would look over what I came up with and then say " But ......now leats think this over " and then go on to tell me why my cool idea wasn't so great ! :gr_grin::gr_grin: