What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The beauty of having a DD. I can fix things and not drive it so it doesn't break again!! :happy175:

hahaha , yeah ive cooled down now..it was just a terrible time for it to happen. ill replace both cvs and all will be well...for now haha

captainsam

Reaction score
I added a fire extinguisher behind the driver's seat. I would've liked it a little better in the cargo area but I've got a GSD who chills back there at times

Last edited by a moderator:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oil pump and crank sensor for the 02 arrived today. Crank kit due on Wednesday. Hoping to get the engine back together this weekend.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I added a fire extinguisher behind the driver's seat. I would've liked it a little better in the cargo area but I've got a GSD who chills back there at times
I like to have mine right beside the driver's seat !
58385[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Ya never know when things can get a little too hot up front in the KJ ..:gr_grin:

Attachments

• JeepPipeFireExtinguisher.jpg
    JeepPipeFireExtinguisher.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 0

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim yes we have and I cant remember when haha. ^^ that or XL Quick Fist® Clamp for mounting tools & equipment up to 15" diameter (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TU0DWI/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_tymKybE296WBF

Or

Super Quick Fist® Clamp for mounting tools & equipment 2-1/2" - 9-1/2" diameter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007HOG4DE/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_GBmKybJZJMRW0

For today met up with a fellow jeeper and forum member for breakfast.

Was very nice meeting you!

Didn't do anything to my Jeep but got to crawl all over Czar's ;)

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just hit 16,000 miles on my 02 Sport. Every time I go for an oil change, state inspection or the dealer they do a double take and ask me to repeat the mileage. They're sure I meant to say 116,000 or 216,000 miles. Nope 16,000 original miles on a 2002 and confirmed on Carfax. Just one prior owner and they only drove approximately 700 miles each year.

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the driver's side valve cover gasket and spark plugs. Passenger side to follow tomorrow, if the snow stays away until later in the afternoon at least.

Man, some of those valve cover bolts on the driver's side were a real pain to get to. I had to use 8 or 9 different extensions, swiveling joints and adapters in varying combinations in order to get my ratchet in there.

I'd like to finally be able to replace my sway bar bushings, links, and the rear upper control arm. I've had the new parts for a while, but my driveway has been covered in a solid sheet of ice close to two inches thick, for over a month and a half.

Last edited:

Apex

Reaction score
Man, some of those valve cover bolts on the driver's side were a real pain to get to. I had to use 8 or 9 different extensions, swiveling joints and adapters in varying combinations in order to get my ratchet in there.

Ironically enough I worked on my valve covers today too, but I was just tightening them down. I changed gaskets out a year or so ago, I needed to snug them up. Those rearward nuts/bolts are quite tough aren't they lol

I used U-joint extensions and such but on that last one passenger side I just used a wrench.

I also tried to tackle the gap between my hood and grill from deer damage years ago. I figured out that my hood lift props were keeping the hood from coming down all the way. I made a little progress but I ended up taking the lift props off until I do a TJ hood latch mod.

Oh yea, rotated tires too.

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ironically enough I worked on my valve covers today too, but I was just tightening them down. I changed gaskets out a year or so ago, I needed to snug them up. Those rearward nuts/bolts are quite tough aren't they lol

I used U-joint extensions and such but on that last one passenger side I just used a wrench.

I just couldn't get any tools to properly fit in there. There's a hose that's attached to the firewall that's in the way, and I just couldn't get it off. Because of that there wasn't enough space to rotate a swivel joint. Using a straight extension didn't work either. Every extension that's long enough to clear the valve cover itself, will hit the brake booster...
I just hope I managed to tighten them enough to where it doesn't leak.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just hit 16,000 miles on my 02 Sport. Every time I go for an oil change, state inspection or the dealer they do a double take and ask me to repeat the mileage. They're sure I meant to say 116,000 or 216,000 miles. Nope 16,000 original miles on a 2002 and confirmed on Carfax. Just one prior owner and they only drove approximately 700 miles each year.

Dang, I thought I lucked out when I found the 05 I bought last month with only 44k. You hit the jackpot. :gr_grin:

Got my crank kit today. Haven't opened it. Hope it's all shiny. :happy175:

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heater Hose domino Effect!

WOO you should have seen the smoke the other day from that heater hose bursting out into traffic!
It blew up right over the Catalytic Converter! Traffic stopped in both directions!
Couldnt drive in that Coolant cloud either!

Yesterday all coolant hoses were replaced. Proper Zerex coolant RnR.

Today I had to clear up a misfire by pulling out the #4 coil to dry up & clean up the wet coil & plug, etc.

I saw a small crack in the fan belt -found out the wrong belt was installed. Had to RnR the worn belt with a new correct one.

Went for a Drive!!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the driver's side valve cover gasket and spark plugs. Passenger side to follow tomorrow, if the snow stays away until later in the afternoon at least.

I'd like to finally be able to replace my sway bar bushings, links, and the rear upper control arm. I've had the new parts for a while, but my driveway has been covered in a solid sheet of ice close to two inches thick, for over a month and a half.

The driver's side is the easy side. :Insane: The other side will make you yell a little bit.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
used it to pick up a friend's now empty 8x20 box trailer, so I can offload a bunch of my crap from in-the-way storage and get the last bits done on the pad for my new small shed. forgot what it was like to tow something like that behind the jeep. did it fine though.