What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Takes two or three OCIs for HM stuff to kick in really. Put Pennzoil HM in the XJ to help with leaks and it has so far. KJ has Valvoline Maxlife in it, jury is out still on that.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a few things taken care of today. I got the washer fluid bottle relocated, and ripped out the insulation from under the hood to let some more heat out. I trimmed up my bumper some more. And added new side indicator lights that are led's. And there was no cutting of the unibody in case anyone saw that post. And I painted the frame flat black where it would be exposed. Pics below! :gr_grin:

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6332-relocated-washer-fluid-bottle.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6333-relocated-washer-fluid-bottle.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6335-trimmed-bumper-again.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6336-new-side-indicator.jpg

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Takes two or three OCIs for HM stuff to kick in really. Put Pennzoil HM in the XJ to help with leaks and it has so far. KJ has Valvoline Maxlife in it, jury is out still on that.
In the KJ are you running the full synthetic HM max life HJ?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I like them, worlds better than my wild country xtx, and they have the bead protector. Off road they surprised the hell out of me, air them down to around 20psi and they grip like a ****. If you're thinking about them, I'd definitely say go for it.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Good to hear, I'll probably need new tires before next winter. Looking at these, Grabbers and Dynapros. Would get Terra G2s but they got rid of the P rated ones in my size. Just load range E now which is overkill.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear, I'll probably need new tires before next winter. Looking at these, Grabbers and Dynapros. Would get Terra G2s but they got rid of the P rated ones in my size. Just load range E now which is overkill.
They do awesome in the snow BTW, when I first got them I had to take a trip to NC and they had around 14" of snow. I'm moving up to a 265 soon and going with something a little more aggressive, but still a great tire with good wear life

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Cool. I always notice them when I see other rigs with them. Like the value too, priced well.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Have not heard the Jeeps electric fans come on in a while (47F outside) so one of today's tests was to get it hot enough with a scan gauge hooked up, not on a defrost position.
Yup fans came on while parked at 219F and shut off at 214F.
Good to know the electrical cooling is working right!
Then it was time to go for another de-carbonizing hwy boogie today.
Added 2 bottles of Chevron Techron concentrate to the 19.5 gal fill up
While I adding the Techron to fuel decided might as well throw in 10 oz MMO.
58366[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Got it cruising OD off at 3500rpm for a while, and to the floor up a few steep hills, hot enough I could smell the cat fumes a bit!
I think the Jeep really needed this hwy run!
Interesting to note the rpm at idle now is a bit lower than normal, now reading steady at 560 rpm in drive.
What a difference! Click on image to hear/see video.
"]
[/URL]
Possibly I should consider some type of a pro /pressurized fuel rail cleaners?

Attachments

• Marvel%20Mystery%20Oil%20Gas%20pump.jpg
    Marvel%20Mystery%20Oil%20Gas%20pump.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 0

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced the blower resistor in the 05 and flushed the PS system again. Seems to be getting quiet. Pretty sure it's a combination of a catastrophic pressure line failure (maybe run dry) followed by a refill and mix with plain PS fluid. I've flushed it out twice with ATF+4 and added a couple ounces of the red Lubegard ATF protectant. Looks like it just adds some friction modifiers. If I get desperate enough I may just dump some good old Ford F type ATF in there. I've got a bottle in the garage and that'll add some grit to it.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ever since I replaced my high pressure line it's been a little whiny. Bled it a shit ton of times and the level has been steady for months now. Doesn't shudder at all.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ever since I replaced my high pressure line it's been a little whiny. Bled it a shit ton of times and the level has been steady for months now. Doesn't shudder at all.

Steering is smooth and not hard at all, just that whine. Seems to get worse when it gets warmed up so thinking the pump may have been run dry by the PO. Not a big deal but hoping it'll last til spring. My 02 had a mix of dirty PS fluid and ATF+4 when I got it. Should have only been PS fluid in that year. Bled it a ton and only whines when very cold now.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finished building the rear cargo cover and drawer system. Nothing too big and fancy, pretty simple design. Have pics soon

IslanderGU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my oil pressure sensor!!! No more leaks[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Listened to what sounded like angry neighbors pounding on the door , except it was coming from the passenger side wheel well when I put it into 4wd.......roads are to bad for 2wd so now I'm sitting here waiting to be rescued..... starting to get sick of the amount of things I'm having to replace on this this

I cussed my jeep out today ...that's what I did

Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Listened to what sounded like angry neighbors pounding on the door , except it was coming from the passenger side wheel well when I put it into 4wd.......roads are to bad for 2wd so now I'm sitting here waiting to be rescued..... starting to get sick of the amount of things I'm having to replace on this this

I cussed my jeep out today ...that's what I did

The beauty of having a DD. I can fix things and not drive it so it doesn't break again!! :happy175:

Latest posts

Members online