What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 tire rotation and state inspection done yesterday. Also got a quote for professional undercoating.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am finally going to post a picture of my new lift from last weekend! I am also going to post photos of my old and new suspension so that any one who cares can see why you don't want a daystar spacer lift! I gained an inch and a half with the OME lift from the daystar. Time for pictures!

Rear springs
jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6317-old-new-rear-springs.jpg

Front Coilovers
jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6319-old-new-front-coilovers.jpg

Before and after in the rear

Before
jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6316-old-rear-spring-daystar-spacer-lift-old-shock.jpg

After
jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6318-new-ome-spring-shock.jpg

Jeep after lift
jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6326-new-lift.jpg

:gr_grin::gr_grin::gr_grin:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Look on the back of your oil bottles for ILSAC ratings.
Any of the new Synthetics should meet or exceed ILSAC GF-5.
Any synthetic with the "DEXOS" (Dexos1) rating will be above GF-5 in protection.
58290[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

For Canadians the made BY Shell- Motomaster Formula 1 carries the ILSAC GF-5.
58292[/ATTACH]"]

The Full synthetic- "Penzoil Platinum" also carries the Dexos rating and is superior in protection.

Attachments

• GF4.png
    GF4.png
    316.2 KB · Views: 0
  • MotoMaster%20Fomula%201%20Synthetic%20Oil.jpg
    MotoMaster%20Fomula%201%20Synthetic%20Oil.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just threw in some Pennzoil Platinum and a Mopar oil filter
Man that old oil was getting dirty, good thing I change it every 3k
Oh and as I was looking for which oil to buy online I happened to cross Walmart and noticed their "on sale" price for the Platinum was $100+ :Insane:
Hopefully a typo! I got it for around $20

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got in the 05 after work tonight and saw the odometer at 45,000 even. Tried to take a pic but tough to get a good one in the dark with or without flash.

Fixed it. Not as bad as I thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am finally going to post a picture of my new lift from last weekend! I am also going to post photos of my old and new suspension so that any one who cares can see why you don't want a daystar spacer lift! I gained an inch and a half with the OME lift from the daystar. Time for pictures!

Rear springs
jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6317-old-new-rear-springs.jpg

Front Coilovers
jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6319-old-new-front-coilovers.jpg

Before and after in the rear

Before
jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6316-old-rear-spring-daystar-spacer-lift-old-shock.jpg

After
jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6318-new-ome-spring-shock.jpg

Jeep after lift
jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6326-new-lift.jpg

:gr_grin::gr_grin::gr_grin:

DANG! That really shows how compressed the stock front spring became... The back looks really worn too.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh and as I was looking for which oil to buy online I happened to cross Walmart and noticed their "on sale" price for the Platinum was $100+ :Insane:
That is the lowest price for Penzoil Platinum you will ever get in the USA!
I wish I could buy it for that ! The Best I can do now here in Canada is $34+tx.

Wildebeest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the lowest price for Penzoil Platinum you will ever get in the USA!
I wish I could buy it for that ! The Best I can do now here in Canada is $34+tx.

You can get Penzoil Platinum Ultra on sale at CT or Parts Source and do the current mail-in rebate for another $10 off.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Changed the oil, rotated the tires and drove her almost 850 miles last two days, with side shopping trips to get the wife set back up.
It was another trip to Winston Salem, NC .
I hit bad fog coming back up Fancy Gap. You could see maybe 3-4 car lengths in front of you for about 8 miles.
Didn't bounce off of no one so alls good . People that have traveled that road knows what it can be like.
While not as bad as some out west I driven up and down this is good one for the East.

Fancy Gap is right after you leave NC going North into Virginia on I-77
very steep going South many trucks have wrecked, long slow pull going North

Last edited:

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had some pretty thick fog up here near erie pa the past couple days. Also no snow in over a week.....hope i didnt jinx it

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Did you get the rebate I linked to? $2/qt off of Pennzoil.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually went to O'Reilly's and got a $10 gift card for buying the Pennzoil

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used Wally world's full synth oil in several of my cars since day one. The wife's Stratus is on 125k miles and still ticking over perfectly fine. I even use it in the hot rod, except for track days. that goes to some crazier lubes, since i'm running the car at 10/10ths for over 2 hours total track time.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a P0305 code the other day. Havnt been able to drive to work anymore so she sits for a couple days at a time now. I pulled the problem coil pack had some moisture forgot i removed the rubber gasket at the cowl. With how Chicago's "winter" has been this year some rain got in there. So i dried the coil pack and plug put some new anti seize and dielectric grease on there. Good thing i saved that rubber put that back on been running great ever since.

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Luck!

Ordered 1 US Wheels 15" black and chrome modular wheel from Summit to do a test fit before committing to all 4 or 5. Went with 15x7 5x4.5 with 4.5" BS. I'm hopeful because I really like the wheel and would like to go with a set of 30x9.5R15 MT's for my Summer tires this Spring.

Unfortunately, wheels didn't fit. Rubbed on the caliper. Too bad. I really liked the look! Could probably run them with 3/4" or 1" spacers, but I don't like spacers. Guess I'll have to stick with 16" wheels.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the IAC. One by one, getting all the sensors replaced. I still have cam/crank position sensors to do, but on a nicer day - today's icky.

Marked the old IAC, pulled out the old TPS and put them in the back along with a spare coil to bring over to my BILs so he can chase down his misfire/sluggish/weird idle problem.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mounted the plow. moved it. unmounted the plow.
right now i'm shuffling crap in preparation for shed delivery.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found this:

#2 rod bearing and neighboring main (middle front main). The crank journals looked great for 179k. Even the ones that the crappy bearings came from. Very surprised. Other bearings looked fine even with 179k!!!
Debating my next step. I have a standard set of bearings but may take the crank to the machine shop and have it checked/polished. The I'd probably need some thicker bearing. No ridges and can't feel any with the fingernail drag. Not finding any big pieces of aluminum anywhere.

Replaced the IAC. One by one, getting all the sensors replaced. I still have cam/crank position sensors to do, but on a nicer day - today's icky.

I just had to drive my crank sensor out of the bedplate with a hammer. Frozen solid and would not budge. Was planning on replacing it anyway (original) and easy to do in my current state of dis-assembly. I hope you have better luck with yours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had to drive my crank sensor out of the bedplate with a hammer. Frozen solid and would not budge. Was planning on replacing it anyway (original) and easy to do in my current state of dis-assembly. I hope you have better luck with yours.

Oh, man...so do I...:favorites68: