What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definitely take the crank in and have it checked over.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went for a nice drive out to the aurora outlet mall yesterday. Went great getting out therew minimal traffic. It wasnt until we were leaving we started to see the fog. It was very thick but we already had the plan to stop at Krispy Kreme in elk grove. Pictures dont do it justice and the wife was too freaked out to take pictures while we were driving.

You must be registered for see images attach

This one is from work 52 stories off the ground downtown chicago.

This is a very similar photo on a clear day.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got this out: :emotions34:

Bad end (#1 and 2 rod journals and the middle front main):

Rest looks good. Might have found the chain rattle I've had for a while. The primary tensioner was pretty rough. Cracked and fell apart as I was removing it. Better now than later. :gr_grin:

Last edited by a moderator:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I had pictures of the crank I pulled from a motor once. thrust bearing failed and it chewed a groove in the crank thicker than a nickel, in only about 10 seconds of running.
I was impressed.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, what cool treasure you've been finding ;)

Yeah, what fun... Still debating on the next course. Still doesn't look too bad for 179k but there is a lot of crude throughout. I still don't see any chunks of metal, just a slight shimmer in the very bottom of the oil pan.

I'll try to clean some stuff up this week and decide if I'll even bother getting the crank to the machine shop. I may still bail on it and find a "new to me" engine. I saw an 07 Dakota with 38k for 1200. Then I'll have to do the JTEC swap but I'm halfway there and TwoBobs charted the way. :happy175:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I had pictures of the crank I pulled from a motor once. thrust bearing failed and it chewed a groove in the crank thicker than a nickel, in only about 10 seconds of running.
I was impressed.

Yeah, my crank is not that bad at all. I've seen much worse too. I might get away with just a polish. I can't feel anything on the one bad main but the #1 and #2 rod journals have a very slight groove that I can't feel on any of the rest.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, what fun... Still debating on the next course. Still doesn't look too bad for 179k but there is a lot of crude throughout. I still don't see any chunks of metal, just a slight shimmer in the very bottom of the oil pan.

I'll try to clean some stuff up this week and decide if I'll even bother getting the crank to the machine shop. I may still bail on it and find a "new to me" engine. I saw an 07 Dakota with 38k for 1200. Then I'll have to do the JTEC swap but I'm halfway there and TwoBobs charted the way. :happy175:

Let me know if you run into any bumps along the way - with what you've done so far the rest will be a piece of cake :winner_third_h4h:

Bob

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed my blend door Actuator. WITHOUT pulling the dash :p. Got that new actuator a couple months ago and it would never calibrate. Got my old one and compared to the 'new' one. The new one had 4 pins, bigger motor and different sized gears. Only one gear matched which was the one that was broken. All good now

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saturday got the rear UCA back in with flex joints instead of bushings. Feels nice and solid now.

I like driving the Jeep more than the tC. Rides soooo much better.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you get the wrong one? And go at it without pulling the dash?
Blame the stealership. And since I already cut plastic to install my double din, I cut plastic out behind the airbags cover and then next to where the antenna passes through from the radio. Took a long drill bit and drilled through the plastic that the back scree went to because there's no way to get at it. Worth it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil on both the KJ and the KK. I rather do the KJ any day getting to the filter on the KK is a punish unless yoy have double jointed elbows

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

IslanderGU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally took the leap and cut my bumper. What you think fellow kj'ers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally took the leap and cut my bumper. What you think fellow kj'ers?

Looks good. I plan on cutting my front when the weather warms up a bit.

IslanderGU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cut bumper and painted hooks[emoji16], next project is??? 85 degree weather here in Guam got me carving and playing with the libby

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.