What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went offroading with my new club that I was made an honorary member!
You must be registered for see images attach

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I've had my tires/wheels installed now for 2 days and I absolutely love them
Much more stable ride, great grip and of course I had to get everything that people say not to regarding tire/wheel size :happy175:
Looks great ! My eyes not that good no more so..I had to enlarge pic to see you have GY Authority LT tires.
Back spaced rims or spacers? Tire size 31 'X...?

Last edited:

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran GY M/T on my old Hilux think you guys call it a tundra worst tyres ever wet roads were dangerous no grip at all. Changed em out for Silverstone MT 117 those were awesome so much grip is was great on the trails and on road

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great ! My eyes not that good no more so..I had to enlarge pic to see you have GY Authority LT tires.
Back spaced rims or spacers? Tire size 31 'X...?

Thanks bud- I appreciate everyone's kind words!
Yes they're 31x10.5 GY Authority A/Ts sitting on 15x8 TM5 wheels with 4.5" backspacing so no spacers here
Great combo so far and after driving down some slick wet roads today I know they'll do great this winter

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks bud- I appreciate everyone's kind words!
Yes they're 31x10.5 GY Authority A/Ts sitting on 15x8 TM5 wheels with 4.5" backspacing so no spacers here
Great combo so far and after driving down some slick wet roads today I know they'll do great this winter

If they wear anything like the Duratracs then they're great. Loved the Duratracs and wore forever. Make sure you have extra bumpstop in the rear. 5 inches with 8 inch wheel you can stuff, 4.5 inches of backspacing is going to hit the flares, so just run extra

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put together some flex ends for the KJ

Last edited by a moderator:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they wear anything like the Duratracs then they're great. Loved the Duratracs and wore forever. Make sure you have extra bumpstop in the rear. 5 inches with 8 inch wheel you can stuff, 4.5 inches of backspacing is going to hit the flares, so just run extra

I hope they perform well in all aspects- so far they've provided a very good ride with the wider track and they aren't too loud at all on the highway
I actually keep my AirLift filled with air so those are my bumpstops
So far so good! I will add a little more just to be safe

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it in high winds to the Inner Harbor in Baltimore for my friend's 99th birthday party.

Special day for a special woman.

I was very glad I drove the KJ and not the Astro...60mph gusts are not so fun.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove it in high winds to the Inner Harbor in Baltimore for my friend's 99th birthday party.

Special day for a special woman.

I was very glad I drove the KJ and not the Astro...60mph gusts are not so fun.

Wow, 99, That is something to celebrate!

I tried to rake some leaves but they all blew into the neighbors yard. It was a good day.:gr_grin:

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made and installed shovel mounts. Stairwell steel painted cost about $20 alot cheaper than buying and I'm a believer in built not bought

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Pulled out of the gym parking lot on the way home and clicked over to 80,000 miles. It had 42,250 when I bought it, so another 4,501 miles and I will have been behind the wheel for just over 50% of the total.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Broke the Overdrive button, but now I have a new shifter and a new location for the overdrive button (well now a switch).

drewwenmoth

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Broke the Overdrive button, but now I have a new shifter and a new location for the overdrive button (well now a switch).

How is that wired? Is it wired default on, or default off? Been looking for info on this exact thing, not because mine is broken, moreso that i dont have to switch it off everytime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No matter how you wire it the jeeps computer still has it as default off, I can leave the switch on and turn the jeep off and restart it and the jeeps still defaults back to overdrive off. I have never seem a kj with a shift knob that has been modified so I figured mines well help out others. I have always wanted a pistol grip shifter, and this shifter fit the bill and also matches the jeeps interior.

kenM420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found out someone had windshield cowl off and looks like they had windshield replaced and too much of the windshield sealant pushed out so the 9 cowl clips couldn't lock into place...they then used glue and velcro to hold it in place.

found a mouse nest also, no residents

Last edited by a moderator: