What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hdale85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a kit. Here's a day view
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where'd you get your kit? From ebay? or elsewhere?

Only thing that ***** about using something like that is I'm not sure there's a way to make the other lights blue/red to match. Like the overhead and the shifter column, etc.

Hdale85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So wife said steering was hard to use, found out no fluid. I put some in and found out the driver side seal on the steering rack was blown :( Ordered a rebuilt unit and some new tie rod ends, not going to be fun though.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I found an area nearby to get the new tires (and everything immediately surrounding them) muddy.

Oh, and Jeep-Santa in Michigan sent me something! Thanks, Mar...Santa! :D

You must be registered for see images attach

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where'd you get your kit? From ebay? or elsewhere?

Only thing that ***** about using something like that is I'm not sure there's a way to make the other lights blue/red to match. Like the overhead and the shifter column, etc.

You can match all lights in the liberty. I done it.
This picture is from about two years ago. I don't have the lights under the dash anymore but I still have all the lights in the jeep converted to LED's

I got the kit from eBay. I don't know what it's made from but it uses a special film for light transfer. Has its own built in lights also. Basically just ground, and put the power wire to the parking lights so they're always on when you turn your headlights on. Very simple to install. Has its own dimmer switch so you can choose the brightness. I just hid everything behind the dash after I set the brightness

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a kit. Here's a day view

The night shot looked pretty cool
Not a fan of the white, just my personal preference
I have red floor lights to match my body color
I always put LEDs down there, just makes it so much easier to see if you drop something

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The night shot looked pretty cool

Not a fan of the white, just my personal preference

I have red floor lights to match my body color

I always put LEDs down there, just makes it so much easier to see if you drop something

I already had the white face gauges so not much of a difference for me

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daughter had it towed home. Just shut off as she got off I70. AAA brought it home and only 10v left on the battery. Pulled the battery and put it on the trickle charge. Everything else seems normal and no codes, just not enough juice to turn it over. Of course since I wasn't driving it I don't know if the charging light was on, so I'll have to wait and see if the old battery takes/holds a charge and if the Jeep fires tomorrow. I'm thinking alternator or the battery might have taken a catastrophic dump. Battery is only about 4 years old (Duralast Gold). It's been pretty hot for around here (mid to upper 90s) and the battery was still VERY warm after sitting for 6 hours. I'd personally rather put a battery in it than change the alternator.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the front sway bar end links. I went with the extended links which are about an inch taller than stock. Went on easily and i had an extra inch of clearance immediately after fitting (went from 20" centre hub to fender to 21"). I went for a test drive and i guess they settled because after the drive it was back to 20".

A noticeable improvement in the ride, though. Much less roll around corners and feels more stable overall.

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered plugs, coil packs, some oil filters, and a Moog boomerang today. All of my other suspension replacements so far have been Moog, so I'm sticking with it.

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...i had an extra inch of clearance immediately after fitting (went from 20" centre hub to fender to 21"). I went for a test drive and i guess they settled because after the drive it was back to 20".

Sounds like when I replaced my front struts... went from 18 to 21 then settled at 20.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Replaced the front sway bar end links. I went with the extended links which are about an inch taller than stock. Went on easily and i had an extra inch of clearance immediately after fitting (went from 20" centre hub to fender to 21"). I went for a test drive and i guess they settled because after the drive it was back to 20".

A noticeable improvement in the ride, though. Much less roll around corners and feels more stable overall.

Where did you get the extended ones?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Daughter had it towed home. Just shut off as she got off I70. AAA brought it home and only 10v left on the battery. Pulled the battery and put it on the trickle charge. Everything else seems normal and no codes, just not enough juice to turn it over. Of course since I wasn't driving it I don't know if the charging light was on, so I'll have to wait and see if the old battery takes/holds a charge and if the Jeep fires tomorrow. I'm thinking alternator or the battery might have taken a catastrophic dump. Battery is only about 4 years old (Duralast Gold). It's been pretty hot for around here (mid to upper 90s) and the battery was still VERY warm after sitting for 6 hours. I'd personally rather put a battery in it than change the alternator.

The alternator is super easy to do. Took me 15 mins, didn't take the fans out or anything. Just loosen the belt enough to slip it off the pulley, and there's 3 bolts holding the alternator on.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The alternator is super easy to do. Took me 15 mins, didn't take the fans out or anything. Just loosen the belt enough to slip it off the pulley, and there's 3 bolts holding the alternator on.

Battery is still easier :gr_grin:

The plot thickened quickly so I'll probably be starting a new thread on this one. Could be major surgery time. :favorites68::Insane::help:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Drove two howling cats to get their nails trimmed. Might have to get the ol' Nugent out.

Latest posts

Members online