What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed my right rear window regulator, ordered steel replacement bracket. Why the least used window went out first makes no sense. Also ordered new heater fan resistor, been running a jumper ground wire as a temp "fix".

It's funny you say that cause awhile back when mine started to give out the last one to go was the front driver side, the one I use the most.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not the original owner, bought 5 years ago with 124k on the clock. So it is possible this might not have been the first one to go.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed my right rear window regulator, ordered steel replacement bracket. Why the least used window went out first makes no sense. Also ordered new heater fan resistor, been running a jumper ground wire as a temp "fix".

I've already replace both rears to metal ones.
The rear are the least used ones but I think they're a lot smaller compared to the fronts.

Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys make me want to have at least one of those on hand for when it happens...yikes.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of mine failed somewhere around 65,000 miles and I am the second owner and got it with around 26,000 on it. So it sounds like this can happen at just about any time it feels like it.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On mine I have replaced both rear window regulators, I hardly ever roll down the rear windows. I guess the window regulators fail when they want.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a crank case breather from the TSB part#68044350AA HOSE KIT-PCV. Had some mayonnaise in there last time I did an oil change.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
You guys make me want to have at least one of those on hand for when it happens...yikes.
Trouble is, you'd need FOUR of them... :mad3:

All of mine failed somewhere around 65,000 miles...
That's when I lost the one that kicked the bucket on mine. In my case it was the front passenger side.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moparwholesaleparts.com that's the part number they list so I'll keep ya guys posted.

I'll be ordering my kit soon.
I spoke with Josh a few months about about it.
It's something that'll be shipped from the warehouse in Cali.

Last edited:

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am impressed with RockAuto, not sure why everyone hates on them so much.

I ordered Rancho 5000 shocks... they sucked so I returned them.
Got the refund today. Not only did they refund the parts, but they refunded the shipping to me and paid the shipping back.

Most places will pay one way, not both ways...
They are smart.... I lost absolutely nothing but time, which is rare.
Makes me want to try again...

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am impressed with RockAuto, not sure why everyone hates on them so much.

I ordered Rancho 5000 shocks... they sucked so I returned them.
Got the refund today. Not only did they refund the parts, but they refunded the shipping to me and paid the shipping back.

Most places will pay one way, not both ways...
They are smart.... I lost absolutely nothing but time, which is rare.
Makes me want to try again...

Odd that you had such a great experience. I had to fight them to pay the shipping back because they sent me a part that didn't fit my Jeep. (Catalog error)

Your issue was a matter of opinion and they refunded your shipping anyway? Wonder what's up with the different responses...

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be ordering my kit soon.
I spoke with Josh a few months about about it.
It's something that'll be shipped from the warehouse in Cali.
Ya they canceled the order. None in stock. Not worried about the goop but it's just annoying.

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was pretty surprised also. One side actually was knocking, so they likely considered that as a defective part.

I made my complaint and they sent me the FedEx prepaid paperwork. I did not think they would refund the shipping, and they did wait 3 days after receiving the return to check it out before offering the refund.

As a result I ordered some other parts, so I guess it is win/win for them in this case.