What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calvin

Reaction score
Put 3" lift in yesterday, and a set of 265/75R16 BFG All terrains. The day before, a new sterio. Hopefully today if i have the energy is to install a winch, a few spot lights and a two way radio

Hdale85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased a PCV, Blower resistor, Speed Sensor and pigtail connector for it, air filter, new copper spark plugs, and an EVIC unit that does TPMS to replace the OTIS unit that's in my Jeep now.

Last edited:

Hdale85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, installed PCV valve, spark plugs, air filter, and blower resistor. Blower works nicely again! While doing the spark plugs I saw a zip tied hose around a plastic piece on the drivers side. It's split, it comes off the airbox part that's connected to the throttle body? I'm not sure what it would be called going to have to try and find one as it's shaped, but only maybe 12" long tops, goes from that air box on top of the engine down to the top of the cylinder head in the back near the fire wall.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed out the rear upper control arm. That was a chore. 3 hours of pain

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdale85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smexy! I wish I could afford those lol, but I think I'll be happy with the OME kit that Tom setup for now. I'm hoping to purchase that in the next month but it may have to wait until after vacation.

Andyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the perfect spot for a spare change holder. Much better than the door handle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil and the spark plugs. Plugs had about 22,000 miles on them but were done (not nearly as bad as the first time I changed them, but done). I'd changed the coils about 5,000 miles ago but they were very done, so I'm sure that contributed to the early-ish demise of the plugs.

My husband drove it to take his daughter to work and said it definitely was smoother.

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see the plugs needing changing perhaps, but only 5000 miles on the coils seems low. Not sure what the recommended interval is... that's something I need to check on mine, bought it in the fall, has terrible mileage... on the list of things to change.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You misunderstood. I changed the coils 5,000 miles ago, 17,000 miles after I last changed the plugs. The coils were original and were toast, which killed the plugs early.

The new coils are fine and I didn't just replace them. Just the plugs. I have 101,500 on my Jeep and neither the plugs nor the coils had ever been changed when I got it with 79,000 miles on it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
275 mile road trip to southeastern Ohio
down 21 plus per gallon
back 15.8 MPG at 80 mph on the last 100 miles, 6x10 enclosed trailer , OD off , 3500 RPM, sat there and ran like a top
Pulled into the gas station and filled up here in town. Guy pulls in a while later and said not sure what you have there but you blew me off the road about 40 miles back when you went by,:shrug:
well duh driving a Buick Encore what do you expect, said its his wifes and he hates it
Have to tell my wife since she likes the looks of them :thumbsdown:

drewwenmoth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
275 mile road trip to southeastern Ohio
down 21 plus per gallon
back 15.8 MPG at 80 mph on the last 100 miles, 6x10 enclosed trailer , OD off , 3500 RPM, sat there and ran like a top
Pulled into the gas station and filled up here in town. Guy pulls in a while later and said not sure what you have there but you blew me off the road about 40 miles back when you went by,:shrug:
well duh driving a Buick Encore what do you expect, said its his wifes and he hates it
Have to tell my wife since she likes the looks of them :thumbsdown:

You were down my way!? Shoulda stopped for dinner!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Rotated the tires.

While I was in there I had a good look at the brakes. They all looked OK, except the right rear side had some black discoloration. I'm wondering if that is the cause of my pulsing issues.

JavelinAMX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
day late posting,
yesterday drain and refill for transfer case, was going to change out the rear diff fluid, but looked at the cover and seen some rust, not bad enough to leak yet, but I don't feel like changing the oil twice in a short time, so now I need to decide on what cover to get or just get another stock one. slowly chipping away at the 'to-do' list and catching up on routine maintenance that was prolly never done.

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some off-roading... well, its a road but you need 4x4 and some height to traverse it. Its just the road to my land, can't get there by car. I always go nice and slow, then I see some idiot FLYING up to me in a huge pickup truck... turned out to be the border patrol. If you continue down my road you cross back into Canada. I guess he thought I was smuggling something, with a coniferous tree handing out the back door no doubt. I was planting some trees... he gave me a good laugh once he toned down a bit. His truck was high off the ground, must have been lifted for the work he does.

Horse_Feathers

Reaction score
Seriously considered tossing a hand grenade into it and walking away! Since I'm out of those I went looking for something with which to light it on fire and make it go away, but, I'm out of hot dogs and didn't want to waste a good fire.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
day late posting,
yesterday drain and refill for transfer case, was going to change out the rear diff fluid, but looked at the cover and seen some rust, not bad enough to leak yet, but I don't feel like changing the oil twice in a short time, so now I need to decide on what cover to get or just get another stock one. slowly chipping away at the 'to-do' list and catching up on routine maintenance that was prolly never done.

Check out solid. Well built and not too pricey. Here's my review.

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f215/solid-axle-industries-8-25-differential-armor-54383/

Hdale85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm only 65 bucks right now! Although 17 bucks for shipping, still not bad. Mine is real bad rusty too was thinking about buying a new one. Think I'll order that one this weekend.