What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh god I hope that's an April fools joke. You're really at the dealer getting a service done and looking in the used and mistreated lot right?

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
see, this is why i pretty much avoid all of the internets on 4/1.

I need fewer tums.

Raider_dev

Reaction score
Misfire

I have an 05 3.7l it has been handed off to my daughter, it is misfiring on 3,5, and 6 (I think)
New plugs, replaced 4 bad coil packs (tested with meter) starts, but doesn't run for long. I pulled the plugs back out #3 & #5 plugs don't appear to be firing, #6 had oil on it?

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the switches and LED light pods for my roof rack yesterday. I also finally installed my mopar front skid plate. Today I replaced one of the light pods as it was defective and I got the replacement in the mail.

Pics of roof rack with lights and front skid
jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6057-switches-roof-rack.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6058-drivers-side-roof-rack-lights.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6059-back-side-roof-rack-lights.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6061-mopar-front-skid.jpg

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rotated the tires.
Doesn't sound like much... but what a heck of a job it was to remove those lugs.

Did a quick inspection. Everything looks good, except the rubber on the a-arms is all cracked and ugly. Is that something you can change or you need new a-arms? Rest looks pretty decent... wonder if that can be causing some of the side-to-side sway I feel.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
More front bumper tweaking and some new mounts for the roof rails in the making :icon_twisted::icon_lol:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Replaced the front speakers and tweeters. The JVC set I had in there started acting flaky as soon as I put them in there last May. I have been fighting with them for nearly a year now, (not counting winter when it was too cold), soldering and resoldering, wiring and rewiring, muttering and mumbling, etc., and I give up.

Baby, it's not me - it's you. :favorites68:

The new Alpines sound great. (Wow - treble AND two-channel sound? Who'd have thunk it!) Next up: Doing the rear pair.

To ease my pain I went out and got 'faced. No, wait. I actually ordered one of these: Kenwood KSC-SW11 Compact Powered Enclosed Subwoofer

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded it in for a Prius.

You must be registered for see images

Thou shalt be ashamed of thyself for honoring a Prius with joke of merry. The **** of Automobiles, wretched of the highways for thou whom owners tend to anger other drivers with their holier than thou attitude!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
It's in honor of the Prius that I proudly have one of these on my Jeep:

You must be registered for see images attach

I've got mine on the rear glass instead of the gas door. It's lets the smug little **** behind me have something to think about while we're waiting at the red light. Hey, it's not like he can see over me or anything. :happy175:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it just weren't for the fact they leave a bigger ''footprint'' than what actual most SUV's do then a Hybrid might be a considerable choice. Though it wouldn't be a Prius.

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the rear gate switch "fix".
Was thinking to order one for $29 from this place but they wanted $40 for shipping so I figured I would take the old one apart to see if I could do something.

I had to take the entire handle off because I could not see how the switch would slide out with all the rust. You don't actually need to remove the handle, there is a metal clip that sits on top of the switch that you can pry off with a screw driver. The switch then slides straight out of the handle (level with the ground). The switch itself seems to disintegrate pretty badly, but the end piece where the wires enter can be tore off. Once off, there are two metal pins that pop out of the enclosure. You have to clean and sand the crap out of them before trying to solder anything or else the solder will not stick. I then cut the wire, and made a 90 degree bend and soldered them as well. Make sure this bend happens right at the end of the pins, any longer and the switch will not go back into the handle. I then covered the area with hot glue and shaped it back to the switch size so that it would fit snug in the handle.

The switch is actually normally closed (causing a short). I thought this was a mistake but sure enough it works properly like that. When you open the gate, it temporarily opens and then closes again releasing the hatch on the glass. The key still works fine as well, so I guess it was intended to be like this. Bit strange to me but... we'll see if my battery is dead tomorrow morning when I leave for work. There must be some electronics controlling that.

If ever someone has a new switch on hand, maybe you can probe the connector to see if in fact it buzzes normally when the handle is left alone. That would at least confirm I am not crazy. As with all my projects, I wanted to document with pictures but got so into it I completely forgot again. Sorry...

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took off the throttle body and cleaned it and the sensor. I also had a new throttle body gasket that came with my head gasket kit and I put that on as well. I hope that this helps with the rough idle that I have. If not I am going to start changing out the ignition coils here soon.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not the jeep, but dug into the wife's car (2005 Dodge Stratus SXT) to finally (after probably 2 years) diagnose why the passenger rear window won't work well. Determined it's the motor. Got the motor/regulator apart and after much hammering, cursing, and gutting of the motor drive I managed to get it off the regulator. Regulator assembly moves fine, just needs some new grease. Motor gear looks like ass though. Lots of rust, so i'm betting water got in it. Now to find a replacement. Not a common part in stock at a lot of of the usual retail suspects.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So trimmed the front bumper some more,
getting ready to fit the lights I have in mind for the fog light holes, doing away with the stock ones. So little bit more cutting, some sanding/ filing edges etc and done with the front for a month or so
this is as short as its going except for changes to the fog light area

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So trimmed the front bumper some more,
getting ready to fit the lights I have in mind for the fog light holes, doing away with the stock ones. So little bit more cutting, some sanding/ filing edges etc and done with the front for a month or so
this is as short as its going except for changes to the fog light area

They seriously need to do that in a Chrome Badge.