What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still alive. :icon_lol: It says moderator under his name, but he doesn't know where the kill button is. There's actually a lot of wisdom on this forum, not all of it coming from one keyboard. To be sure, there's enough BS to go around too. It's a lot like most of the other forums I've belonged to in the last 22 years. New guys get treated like shit, if they happen to say the wrong thing - and you never know what that wrong thing was until someone shares their bad mood with you about it. It only lasts a day or two though. Lots of old guys here who forget things quickly. ;) Then there's always an old-timer on every forum. They have a fan club that treats them like Gods and try to defend them, even when they are wrong. But this too seems to be less of an issue as time goes on. It's an awful lot like family here. Some squabbling, but lots of love being shared too - in a macho kinda way.

For the KJ, it's the best I've found.

Only a few really know, lots of assuming these days and you know what assume means :happy175::happy175:
I tend to keep quiet if I dislike someone ( no one on here of course) but some think they have to call out others.
Me, I just continue to help people who ask for help, they can come by my place anytime and I'll help them with whatever they need done.Call me, email me etc Makes no difference.
Only God can judge me or anyone else, rest is just bickering for no reason at all.
Rev. Mudd said that sitting at home awaiting TwoBobs arrival so we can update his rig today

Plus none of us are getting out of this life alive, lighten the heck up, stop worrying about the small things and enjoy everyday God has given you to be alive.

Last edited:

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get my LED's from China since they're dirt stinking cheap. Never have had any actual issues except this one set where only the right hand side kept going bad. Left hand side fog light was fine, right hand kept going to dark orange then burning out. Yet the other set of LED's I had were fine just that they didn't throw as much light. But its a mystery I'll never solve but I have had suspicions of what it was.

That is a strange one... may be that side not going through the regulator and providing more than the 12 (or 15.8) volts... the incandescent bulb would likely not care but an LED might be more sensitive to a higher voltage or spikes... just a guess.

I bought a few sample LEDs last year from China, pack of 2 bulbs were something like $1.99 with free shipping compared to a lot of the local bulbs at over $20 a pop. I set them up at work in a control box with a camera where I could monitor the light intensity, heat dissipation and current flow. I let this test run for a total of 6 weeks until I needed the equipment for a customer test and ended this one. The LEDs performed flawlessly. The ones I bought were warm light, and had a similar intensity to a standard incandescent bulb did. (You do have to look at the lumen specs though, many of the Chinese ones are lower intensity but they do show the values so you can actually compare apples to apples). The heat was in a normal range (less than the incandescent), did not vary and did not catch on fire like all the rumors had you believe. I used them in my camper all last summer, and I really like them. Maybe not all are created equal but it is harsh (and in fact false) to say everything from China is no good.

As for my attitude... I may have been bringing some built up frustration with me from elsewhere when replying here... and things seemed to have gotten out of hand. Luckily I am old for my age, and my memory is terrible so I have already forgotten. That's the fun of being a man, you piss someone off or get pissed off, you vent, and you get over it and move on. My wife on the other hand is still complaining about the time I left the toilet seat up 5 months ago and she fell in... get over it already lady. :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
As for my attitude... I may have been bringing some built up frustration with me from elsewhere when replying here... and things seemed to have gotten out of hand. Luckily I am old for my age, and my memory is terrible so I have already forgotten. That's the fun of being a man, you piss someone off or get pissed off, you vent, and you get over it and move on. My wife on the other hand is still complaining about the time I left the toilet seat up 5 months ago and she fell in... get over it already lady. :)
Only 5 months?
My wife had to go back home to Tanzania in 2008, came back this past December and she mentioned something I did before she left that upset her!
She asked me, " you don't remember that? " Heck I don't know what I cooked everyone for dinner last night let alone 7 years ago!
:shrug::shrug::happy175:

As far as the China stuff, I just hate giving money to a system such as theirs, I hate that they produce a lot of crap that they supply African countries with. You wouldn't beleive what kind of things they send there to countries like Tanzania. Father In Law bought a good priced hammer, first hit on just a small nail it shattered. They refuse to buy any medicine now from there since most does nothing and is mainly chaulk or filler.
So while some things maybe OK, I would rather support a country that makes good products, treats workers fairly and also treats the rest of the world fairly as well.

Last edited:

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...You wouldn't beleive what kind of things they send there...

I do see your point with that. I too have seen all kinds of crazy stuff done over there. A buddy of mine works in PC manufacturing and they had a whole slew of issues at some point that in the end wound up being capacitor that were recapped to look like different rated caped (he actually peeled off the metal around a capacitor and found a smaller rated one inside).

They also steal and replicate a lot of stuff and cheat us out of the money. I work in a hardware/software environment. When our company works for 4 years on a product only for them to reverse engineer it or crack our licensing and sell the same thing for a fraction of the cost... I do get that.

At the same time I don't want to spend $20 on an LED. I guess I am part of the problem.

So while some things maybe OK, I would rather support a country that makes good products, treats workers fairly and also treats the rest of the world fairly as well.

I can't really argue with that logic. That last sentence might get you in a heated discussion if there are any middle eastern folk on this site though... don't worry, I am Canadian, and I own property in the US - and I like it there.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Always good to have another BLACK KJ stop by for some " refinements"
Thanks Bob for lunch, good conversation and ............trading parts :icon_lol::icon_lol:
You must be registered for see images attach

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems I have some glass repair/replace in my near future.
06 has a stone chip that is starting to spider out.should be repairable.
07 has a crack starting 6" from the ps a-pillar to the ds a-pillar, right at wiper level.gonna need replacing.
I do have coverage,but it's for all glass but windshield.

Gyro

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bob for lunch, good conversation and ............trading parts :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Man wish I had the time to come up and stop by the garage sometime. I feel like everyone leaves with some goodies (and lighter pockets :happy175:)

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Great to see you again and meet your son - beautiful day but a bit chilly! Appreciate the roof rack and other goodies ;) And I'm convinced about the JBA coilovers - Marlin is getting a call from me in the morning :party52:

The KJ fit in the garage - shoot, I have 6 inches of space above the new roof rack - I can add height to my lift and not have to worry about tearing up the garage door :happy175:

Man wish I had the time to come up and stop by the garage sometime. I feel like everyone leaves with some goodies (and lighter pockets :happy175:)

Schedule a trip sometime - I'll come by too and we can have a KJ swap meet or something :waytogo:

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Great to see you again and meet your son - beautiful day but a bit chilly! Appreciate the roof rack and other goodies ;) And I'm convinced about the JBA coilovers - Marlin is getting a call from me in the morning :party52:

The KJ fit in the garage - shoot, I have 6 inches of space above the new roof rack - I can add height to my lift and not have to worry about tearing up the garage door :happy175:

Schedule a trip sometime - I'll come by too and we can have a KJ swap meet or something :waytogo:

Bob
I warned Marlin you'd be calling him VERY soon :icon_lol:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Bob left with a RL roof rack and some other items,
another LOST member will be leaving with RL Rock Rails on Friday:Bye::Bye:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, yea. But not sure what I'll do with it. There's about 90,000 miles the springs and shocks :emotions34:

Bob

My old lift ( first OME LIFT) had 100,000 miles on it when I sold it
and thats been years ago, its still on that KJ
Of course its been getting a SBF installed in it for a few years now , but.............:ROFLJest:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, yea. But not sure what I'll do with it. There's about 90,000 miles the springs and shocks :emotions34:

Bob

My old lift ( first OME LIFT) had 100,000 miles on it when I sold it
and thats been years ago, its still on that KJ
Of course its been getting a SBF installed in it for a few years now , but.............:ROFLJest:

so a very generous discount for it then :D

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So question:
Are the axles in my 07 different than earlier years, say 05 or 06? I know there's years before that without ABS. On the prowl for a stock 4.10 setup and want to make sure it's as simple a swap as possible, for testing purposes.

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered some poly sway bar bushings and a pair of end links. Going to do the teflon tape trick when I do the bushing install.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So question:
Are the axles in my 07 different than earlier years, say 05 or 06? I know there's years before that without ABS. On the prowl for a stock 4.10 setup and want to make sure it's as simple a swap as possible, for testing purposes.

Your rear C8.25 is a little differnt in that the carrier does not have a tone ring. So you cannont swap axles that come with 4.10 (05 and older). I haven't found / looked for the rear sensors one mine so i'm not entirely sure where to guide you past that.

You must do a regear with your axle or one from an 06 07, all of which have ratios that are not 4.10s. The front diff should fit if you find one of those from the 4 cyl.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a set of JBA coilovers and bushings for my JBA upper A-arms today. Nice ding to the bank account but the improvement in ride quality will be worth it.

Next: What spring/shock combo to order for the rear setup...? :popcorn:

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ordered a set of JBA coilovers and bushings for my JBA upper A-arms today. Nice ding to the bank account but the improvement in ride quality will be worth it.

Next: What spring/shock combo to order for the rear setup...? :popcorn:

Bob

:icon_twisted:
One visit to my place and it cost ya money ........

Latest posts

Members online