What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally a sunny day & time to fix up the Jeep.
Drivers side lens with moisture, now silicone sealed, & the 168 tiny bulb not working, even after replacing bulb..:favorites68:
55649[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

The ground wire bolt rusted ...but that luckily that was not the issue.
Had to run sand paper back and forth inside the bulb socket to remove the rust that was growing on contacts=EEK !
add some WD-40, compressed air etc got the new bulb working again :gr_grin:
Talk about rust...Push bar brackets, looking grim! I hate salt!
55651[/ATTACH]"]

A couple more paint coats ahead are required!
Time for a beer! :party52:

Attachments

• Front%20Turn%20Lens%20Drivers%20side.jpg
    Front%20Turn%20Lens%20Drivers%20side.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Surface%20Rust%20Push%20Bar%20Bracket.jpg
    Surface%20Rust%20Push%20Bar%20Bracket.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it over to my best friend's parents' house to fix their computer/network issues. Was told my driver's side parking light and license plate lights were out.

Will replace them when I get home tomorrow...dangit.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
New set of NGK coppers in the 03,
installed a set of Champions when I got it, someone had brought some to me to tune their KJ up but they were plats and I had thrown them in.
. So at the time used some copper Champions I had in stock for theirs. So mines been idling rough every now and again, so installed the NGKs and all is good now, :gr_grin:also replaced a couple of small hoses under the hood that were starting to crack. Then hosed it down and gave it a freash coat of dressing , looks good now :icon_lol::emotions34:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am cursed when it comes to windshields, made it to Ontario CA with one minor incident. Got a nice rock chip in the windshield at Salt Lake City.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am cursed when it comes to windshields, made it to Ontario CA with one minor incident. Got a nice rock chip in the windshield at Salt Lake City.
That's why I love my glass coverage. I got two nasty chips that will spread eventually and it's time for new glass.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed the rear glass switch today without buying a switch. Easy fix.

Cost of repair : 0$

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fresh coat of Turtle-Wax yesterday. Anyone ever try the ColorMagic wax? Been thinking about hitting up Ebay for a bottle of the red stuff.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the license plate lightbulb. Replaced the left taillight bulb, but it's not the bulb. Dangit. Now I have to get the socket. Replaced the backup lights with Sylvania brighter ones. Supposedly brighter, that is. We shall see.

Checked every light. Everything else is working properly.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
We call them Alaskan windshields.

I put a new windshield in an Opel GT and got a ding in it two weeks later... way out in the country with no other traffic or houses in sight. I still don't understand where the rock came from.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Back in 06 I caught a rock with my windshield on the 04, replaced it, two weeks later caught another one, never replaced it and never caught any more rocks :shrug::icon_lol:

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in 06 I caught a rock with my windshield on the 04, replaced it, two weeks later caught another one, never replaced it and never caught any more rocks :shrug::icon_lol:

how did it pass inspect....oh wait:icon_lol:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent a good hour or so at the DMV (Though they call it a RMV in MA its actually a DMV). Got the plate and registration for the motorcycle. Jeep has been loving this warm weather but we have a noreaster coming at us haha

southernwake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil and transfer case fluid yesterday. I dont think the T-case fluid was changed in a bit. I have only had the jeep about 8000 miles.

The fluid that came out was black. It didnt smell burnt, but it wasnt pretty looking. Put new fluid in and on the next oil change I am going to drain it again and put fresh fluid in. Next weekend the differentials will be getting the fluid replaced.

Andrew

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rolled the old girl up on 2 sets of ramps to lift it about 7" off the ground. rolled around under it for 2 hours with 3 cans of rust converter spray paint and some cardboard. hot most of the underside coated. how the hell do you people get a can up in places around the gas tank? also how much do you take apart to get to places? I literally want to drop the gas tank to get up behind it, as all the various seams everywhere are showing rust signs.

ArtO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how did it pass inspect....oh wait:icon_lol:

After I had the third windshield put in I got another rock dead center in front of the driver. It passed annual inspection 4 times after that. My daughter, who is trained as an inspector, says its because its under the size of a dime. If the chip is bigger than the size of a dime you fail.
Just for the record I never took it to her to inspect because she is too damn picky.