What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scbenoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the blower motor resistor pack

My Blower lost the high speed setting yesterday, so I was down to the 2nd and third speed settings having lost the west speed some time ago.

Found the resistor pack local for $24.00 Canadian and installed it

getting ready for winter

:)

Dizzydevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a spare tire extender on so I could put my Spare tire on cause it was bigger than the stock one. Then put this new tire cover on. Looking forward to winter break from school so I can tackle the heater core issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I put a spare tire extender on so I could put my Spare tire on cause it was bigger than the stock one. Then put this new tire cover on. Looking forward to winter break from school so I can tackle the heater core issue.

Wouldn't work just flipping the mount over?
Never had any issues running larger spares when I flipped the mount upside down

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Blower lost the high speed setting yesterday, so I was down to the 2nd and third speed settings having lost the west speed some time ago.

Found the resistor pack local for $24.00 Canadian and installed it

getting ready for winter

:)

Did the resistor do the trick in giving you back high speed? My high speed doesn't work either, and one of the "electrical experts" on here told me that replacing the resistor won't fix it since the switch in the high setting doesn't put power through the resistor? I didn't feel like spending upwards of $100 for a new switch/control panel, for that I can live without pos. #4.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like it worked for scbenoit.
I always "resist" using the high setting, thinking it may cook the pack.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some work to the new box. ***** that progress is going so slow, but I'm using leftover pieces of mdf so I can't complain. Cut the hole with a jigsaw, and used a 1/2" roundover on the inside of the box.
You must be registered for see images attach

It's going to be external port, so the roundover let's the flare sit nice and tight to the box and gives more surface area for the glue.

Crappy pic of the outside view

Almost looks like a professional did it...

Edit: Oh yea, almost forgot...threw the rear swaybar in the trash. For some reason it made the rear feel twitchy, feels 10x better now.

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Old Mean Green went up on jackstands yesterday outside
Had done part of the underneath of her right after I got her home.
Yesterday was sand, wire brush, clean, and paint everything under there
All nice and shiny black now. Little surface rust/ discoloration in various spots but nothing major. Not bad for a 13 years old vehicle.
Neighbor lady asked me later if I was having " car" trouble or if I just liked working on it that much:happy175::happy175::happy175:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old Mean Green went up on jackstands yesterday outside
Had done part of the underneath of her right after I got her home.
Yesterday was sand, wire brush, clean, and paint everything under there
All nice and shiny black now. Little surface rust/ discoloration in various spots but nothing major. Not bad for a 13 years old vehicle.
Neighbor lady asked me later if I was having " car" trouble or if I just liked working on it that much:happy175::happy175::happy175:

In other words.... Why are you making all that noise and nasty fumes?:happy175:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
In other words.... Why are you making all that noise and nasty fumes?:happy175:

She had to call me over later after her electric leaf blower started smoking. Anything mechanical in our little cul-de-sac happens its " Hey Tom got a minute" Hour later I'm back home. :icon_lol:
But get some good deserts / food since they think we're starving ( no they must not look close ) :happy175:

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi CactusJacked

If you put the setting for example on num. 2 and put it on num. 4 and if does not blow, that indicated that your blower motor (resitor) is not working properly.

You need to change it. So the trick like you just wrote that is what that electrical part works for setting 1,2,3,4 blows as it should be. If not it could be the blower motor or something else.

Cheers!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She had to call me over later after her electric leaf blower started smoking. Anything mechanical in our little cul-de-sac happens its " Hey Tom got a minute" Hour later I'm back home. :icon_lol:
But get some good deserts / food since they think we're starving ( no they must not look close ) :happy175:

building up a reserve of people who will pay you in food is a great thing to have when the appocalypse comes... or when hillary gets elected; but I repeat myself.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
ALWAYS wondered what them letters stood for!:happy175:

Bob

Nope, pretty clean in there. No thermostat to speak of.

Back when I was angry I called it a Jyp Lemony Crud. Now that I have a career doing the timing belt change I'm realizing what a fine piece of engineering Jeep Dodge Plymouth Fiat Mercedes Daimler Chrysler VM Motori Detroit Diesel has come up with.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to get too political, but a proxy vote here on site between the two would be interesting.

Personally, never was a Dem or a Rep,,,,,,,,'till the damned libs in the Dem party made a Republican of me.

Bob