What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom, if you're like me, and you spend all your time pressing on the rt. pedal ya ain't got time to press on the left(or middle) one much.:gr_grin:

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom, if you're like me, and you spend all your time pressing on the rt. pedal ya ain't got time to press on the left(or middle) one much.:gr_grin:

Bob

Thats part of it plus planning ahead looking at lights, traffic flow, hills whatever.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
used it to pick up a "gun cabinet" to store ammo in.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aside delivering mail in the snow on foot which was a fun experience. Drove it home in this storm we have, no issues with not having 4WD. Only thing dangerous out there are the idiots.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like Iowa's going to get about 3" and it may slam Chicago with up to 6" overnight.
Good solid frost here last night, but no snow..yet....
54247[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Jeep warmed up within about 6 minutes and did the defrost for me!
Removed front tires today to inspect front brakes/pads, then torqued the lugs today.
Since it is going to be sunny on Sat, I plan on vacuuming out the air intake screen, by removing part of the lower windshield cowling.

Attachments

• Windshield%20Frozen%20Good.jpg
    Windshield%20Frozen%20Good.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 0

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Des Moines is slated 4-7 inches, had a couple light flurries at 1pm, by about 2:30 it really began thankfully I was near the end of the route which I had hoped to be by the time it started. So it only slowed me down just a bit, but once I also figured out I could put my scanner in the holster upside down I didn't have issues scanning. The drive home was a touch annoying though except the dude who pulled out in front of me got some karma. I got stuck following his arrogant snail a$$ to the apartment but when he tried to gun it to turn into the apt with a FWD car. FWD physics kicked in and he went straight instead of turning rather fast into the curb. I just shook my head with a laugh, and pulled causally into the parking lot without spinning or sliding.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured out what the heck was going on with my powered sub today. The fuse was just loose again from the main power. I kinda forgot then reset everything. Fixed for now!

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how many miles on the brakepads? Must not of been very many??

I replaced my original ones at 99,000, ( wasn't worn out but had all new sitting there so why not , right?)

Now at 218,000 they will need replacing in next 10,-15,000 again

I drove it pretty hard. Still had plenty of friction material on the pads. However, when I did press on the brakes, they made a scraping sound. Took the pads off and the friction material had cracks in it causing it to scrape on the slots in the rotors. Very weird. Also have a stuck slide pin to deal with in the future. But for now, the hell with it. It's cold (but no snow yet) here and I don't want to deal with it until something major happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I drove it pretty hard. Still had plenty of friction material on the pads. However, when I did press on the brakes, they made a scraping sound. Took the pads off and the friction material had cracks in it causing it to scrape on the slots in the rotors. Very weird. Also have a stuck slide pin to deal with in the future. But for now, the hell with it. It's cold (but no snow yet) here and I don't want to deal with it until something major happens.

Too bad I still don't live in the Toledo area
Could show you how I drive, mine bounced off the rev limiter at least 2-3 times a day :happy175:
So what part of town are you in, still some lifted KJs around there that we did in my garage

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Also have a stuck slide pin to deal with in the future. But for now, the hell with it."

Bad Idea.

Bob

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too bad I still don't live in the Toledo area

Could show you how I drive, mine bounced off the rev limiter at least 2-3 times a day :happy175:

So what part of town are you in, still some lifted KJs around there that we did in my garage

I actually raced a mustang and won a week ago ;) it was an 05-06
I'm in the polish village area.
Lol as far as the slide Pin being stuck, it's been like that before I got it as far as I know.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I actually raced a mustang and won a week ago ;) it was an 05-06
I'm in the polish village area.
Lol as far as the slide Pin being stuck, it's been like that before I got it as far as I know.

:icon_lol::icon_lol:Yes those V6 Mustangs can be tough

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have heat again! Installed blend door actuator and it worked. Somehow remembered where all the fasteners went after disassembling it last weekend. Was one screw short (funny, lots of people tell me that :gr_grin: ) but had plenty of those little ones on hand. Took about two hours to get it all back together and install my refoamed front door speakers too (no more buzzing). :party33:

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my rear brakes done, remembered some cuss words:favorites68:, and invented some new ones:favorites68:, while working on the parking brakes!!!

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its funny how a lighter, and smaller car got beat by a jeep.

3524-3798 lbs depending upon model, 107" wheelbase, 188" overall.

Really, not much different.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3524-3798 lbs depending upon model, 107" wheelbase, 188" overall.

Really, not much different.

It was a friend of mines mustang. Apparently he had "work done to it" got me in he beginning but got him in the end.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LLV's when you know how to drive are petty good on bad roads. Aside that used the Jeep to jump start a car, cold got his battery.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they die in the summer, but don't fall over until the winter.