What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some fire road wheeling to a top secret spot I found years ago
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...just need to get that stupid accordian thing back on the plastic clippy thing...
You probably already know this, but when I did mine I found it useful to get the back side on good, then pull the front into place with needlenose pliers and punch it in with a blunt flat tip screwdriver.

Did some fire road wheeling to a top secret spot I found years ago.
Beautiful! :waytogo:

Lester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the front driver side window motor/regulator. Also purchased a new battery as the old one had a dead cell.

scbenoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Preparing for deer camp

Preparing for trips to deer camp this fall -

I've done the rear brake pads and rotors today

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned, prepped, and painted rear door inside bottoms with POR-15 to slow down the rust monster.

Did a quick look-see under the vehicle and noticed the front diff is leaking. Hard to see the extent with the skid plate on but nothing has been dripping on the driveway or garage floor. Got new front axles in June and I had to bring it back to the shop 2 days later for a leaky axle shaft seal, which they fixed. So, once I get some time I need to drop the skid and get a better look.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished installing the amplifier and running all wires to the doors and head unit, re-installed the center console and man-handled the rear seat back into position. Was a little worried as, once I got it loose, it turned out to be a two-piece rear and one of the tabs bent. A little elbow grease with a pry bar and it bolted right back in, though, and folds just fine!

Sadly ran out of speaker wire for the tweeters, so they aren't installed, and need to pick up some more screws to get the rear speakers installed.

Man, next time I get the bright idea to do a stereo install myself, I'm going to just let a professional do it!

scbenoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did an oil change too

Changed the oil and filter after supper, I did the brakes and rotors this morning

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the elm327 and the dash command app. Any suggestions or average reading pm me even if you guy got some of the parameters i should input. Cant seem to get it to read my total gas.

righopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the basement at work to search for the biggest shackle we got ha ha.
The little one is your standard 1/2" shackle think it was a 2 ton the big one is rated for 50 ton.

Better go for the safety shackle to the right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished installing the new speakers, amp, and chromecast to the AppRadio. Haven't set up my phone to work with it yet, but the radio is looking for a sync and sees the chromecast signal as valid, so high hopes.

Man, these new speakers are a lot better than the old Infinities! No distortion even at volumes that make the door panels move (which is way, way, WAY too loud).

Was in a bit of a panic as all I heard once I hooked it up was static. Playing around with the antenna connection lead me to the conclusion that the adapter was bad, it looks like the end had slid down on the wire and it no longer made a good connection. I was bummed out, as that meant I was going to need to buy another part... then I remembered the strange extra antenna adapter I received in my box from Sonic Electronix. Yep, it fit! Reception is great now! Disaster averted!

Sadly I couldn't finish hooking up my 12v to USB adapters (I'm replacing the cigarette lighter with a dual USB port and am hard-wiring my dash cam) as I ran out of solder. Will need to pick up more of that... and a new soldering gun, mine is shot.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Pulled it out of the garage for the first time in over 2 weeks
heart transplant scheduled starting today hopefully
well motor, transmission, transfercase, full exhaust system and some other updates
Just have to keep it running until 2024:icon_lol:

scbenoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered fluids for the differentials and transfer case

Ordered fluids for the differentials and transfer case - another item off my list before deer camp

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the shop for brakes and to get the wheel bearings looked at. Brakes I could have done myself, but between work and getting ready for vacation, don't have the time. Oh well.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the shop for brakes and to get the wheel bearings looked at. Brakes I could have done myself, but between work and getting ready for vacation, don't have the time. Oh well.

I've found over the years that working at what I'm good at and paying someone else to do what they're good at, painting house, mowing grass, etc results in better work than I could do myself. The trick is finding somebody who's good at what they do, and has a bit of pride in it.

Bob

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortunately for us early versions the PID codes are not know.
05 above are known.

You can try the ****** monitor

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...sV6NOE7f65pX0fKng&sig2=p-tK6ZuhwZONWErr9jZRLg

I haven't had much luck getting my elm327 to connect w/ that SW

I really wanted it to give me a precise reading on my coolant the other stuff is extra. Only cost $20 cant beat it. Thanks for the info i would like to see the trans temp i am not seeing it being possible.

Members online

No members online now.