What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took out a mailbox with the plow :(

Ahhh the memories, this one cracks me up. I was with a fellow kid and this was in my early 20's both of us had been drinking and decided to show off our cars a bit. He had a Neon SRT 4 I had my Focus ST. Both pretty equal in terms well after I go done running mine a bit around in the parking lot of where we we're drinking and yes we were both had a real nice buzz going. He decides to show me how good his SRT 4 really is in the parking lot, we flew over a speed bump, curve through the grass and wiped out a mail box, which went over the hood hit the windshield, we didn't flinch the only thing was ''You okay?" "Yup you okay?" "Yup" and then took it out to a place of his to hide it afterwards laughing at the whole ordeal. He needed a new windshield anyways so he was cool with it.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhh the memories, this one cracks me up. I was with a fellow kid and this was in my early 20's both of us had been drinking and decided to show off our cars a bit. He had a Neon SRT 4 I had my Focus ST. Both pretty equal in terms well after I go done running mine a bit around in the parking lot of where we we're drinking and yes we were both had a real nice buzz going. He decides to show me how good his SRT 4 really is in the parking lot, we flew over a speed bump, curve through the grass and wiped out a mail box, which went over the hood hit the windshield, we didn't flinch the only thing was ''You okay?" "Yup you okay?" "Yup" and then took it out to a place of his to hide it afterwards laughing at the whole ordeal. He needed a new windshield anyways so he was cool with it.

Good old parking lots, I remember tearing around one late one night during a rainstorm when I first got my license, Ended up spinning out of control and flying up onto the grass and bouncing off the chain link fence of a local fire dept, Thankfully no damage to anything but my underwear haha.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah I like to parking lot drifting in the snow with the Jeep, even more fun when I have the wife in the passenger seat freaking out that I'm having fun with her in the Jeep. One good thing about RWD you can turn real sharp on a dime in snow and ice when necessary, its one good way to get around parking lot lanes when you are looking for a parking spot.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bird: yours will let you do that? mine engages the TCS/DSC so damn hard and fast it kills any and all hopes of fun.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bird: yours will let you do that? mine engages the TCS/DSC so damn hard and fast it kills any and all hopes of fun.

LOL, My wife had my Sierra HD and caught air with it and tearing the side step clean off the damn thing in the process.

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been awhile since I have been on here. School started back up for me and work has had me traveling. Lets see, rebuilt both ends of the front drive shaft, ordered the transfer case position sensor, mileage is up to 160542. I think that's all for today

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
even when I turn it off and get the slippery jeep symbol to light up, it still has some major killjoy powers.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plugged in the Jeep for the night. Really cold here. Well not for you Canadians but for the northeast ya haha

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried to install a Westin bug deflector.

Yeah. It's vaguely the right shape, but doesn't fit worth beans. :(

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove it all week (about 400 miles). I finally may have cured my noisy power steering pump when cold. No bubbles so no air getting in there. Tried to find the LubeGard LibertyTC recommended and the Seafoam Trans Tune but no luck. Online research led me to Trans X slip stop and leak fix. Recommended for PS systems too and sounded very similar to the Seafoam Trans Tune. Fluid was clean from the fall flush so removed a bit and replaced with about 6-7 ounces of the Trans X. Immediately better sounding. Today was about 4degF and no whine! A few weeks back before the Trans X it was unbearable below about 20degF. I'm a big LubeGard fan and have used their stuff for years so I don't doubt I'd have the same results with the other products, but if you can't find them the Trans X was available at Walmart.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder if it might have to do with being a 4x4 opposed to me being a 4x2.

can't imagine how, since we'd have the same sea of sensors. I wasn't in 4WD either at the time.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my transmission flushed and a new filter installed, no real change in how it drives. Although, to be honest, I didn't expect there to be. The old fluid looked fine and didn't smell burnt, I just had no idea how long it had been in there and wanted to start from fresh.

Also had them flush the power steering, as it did smell burnt. Wow, that made a big difference! My previously whiny pump is now dead silent, and the steering actually feels more responsive. Nice!

Filled up the tank with another can of Seafoam and enjoyed my non-fuel-burp auto-shutoff thanks to the fix in the How To section. Sure, I can only use the half speed setting, but it doesn't burp fuel anymore. ***** that gas prices are going back up, I should have bought gas on Thursday when it was 1.97, now it's 2.18. :(

Picked up the last of the items I need for the T-case fluid change, and the diff oil change. Going to do those tomorrow.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed the Panavise mount from beside the radio and mounted my slip grip cellphone holder with Ram mount and my Scanguage II to a pro clip mount.

You must be registered for see images

Easier to view.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completed leg one of the trip to Orlando, staying the night in Antioch TN. Jeep has been a tough trooper and is taking a well deserved rest for the night.

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally installed my lift...

Before: 19" hub-center to fender flare.
You must be registered for see images attach

After: 22.25" hub-center to fender flare.
You must be registered for see images attach

I anticipate a bit of settling over the next couple weeks.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Realized how lucky all you guys are to be able to actually drive your KJs...I haven't driven mine in 8 days now and I'm ready to kill something...that is all....

Members online

No members online now.