What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Realized how lucky all you guys are to be able to actually drive your KJs...I haven't driven mine in 8 days now and I'm ready to kill something...that is all....

Hope everything went well and you are recuperating! I'm assuming you had the work done so to speak. :cheers:

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, had the knee replaced....hopefully, this will last me until I'm too old to care anymore...gaining a whole new appreciation for the courage of those folks who have issues with their legs/knees/feet...

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Grandfather shattered his right arm in a work accident. Couldn't drive for 8 months, he would go out and sit in his Mustang for a couple of hours every afternoon.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hope you at least offered to drive him around occasionally! not the same as driving yourself, but better than nothing. :D

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Walked out into the garage and stepped in a big puddle of ATF+4 :favorites68:

Looks like the dealer botched the ****** service. :favorites68:

:favorites68::favorites68::favorites68:

Edit: Ha, I think I could actually hear the girl face-palm on the phone when I told her what was going on. Sadly, no one from Service is in today, and she could not make me an appointment. They open at 7, should I bother calling or just show up? Hm.

Last edited:

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be there when they open and ask the Service Manager what he's going to do about it...

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced bad fog light bulb. Another Sylvania, nothing fancy... yet. Anyone know if Sylvania's were original equipment? I'd swear the flap had never been opened before. I know I haven't changed them in the 7 years I've had it and I use the fogs all the time. That says alot for those bulbs.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The OEM in mine were Phillips 42 Watt # 9145. They were kinda yellowish and weak.
So I did the fog light mod (cut tab) and used a PIAA extreme white plus- (F-150 high beam 55 watt) which is way brighter & whiter. Will try to find a pic and edit it in shortly.
Edit 9005 ST is the upgrade 55 watt bulb, Shows how to cut tab in photo.
I used a old sharp knife, heated it red hot with propane torch and made the cut into the plastic. Clean cut, went in like butter!
51626[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

You could use a Silverstar 9005 (ST) they are almost as white as the PIAA but not as long lasting.
Going up in wattage does heat the connector, mine has not melted or anything. I still only run them though for when I really need them.
By using the PIAA in the regular headlights, they are bright enough for basic use that often you dont need fogs on.
Ya putting the fogs on though, illuminates so much more of the lower roadway, it is night & day (LOL) difference!

Attachments

• FogLight9005STMod.jpg
    FogLight9005STMod.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Walked out into the garage and stepped in a big puddle of ATF+4 :favorites68:

Looks like the dealer botched the ****** service. :favorites68:

:favorites68::favorites68::favorites68:

Edit: Ha, I think I could actually hear the girl face-palm on the phone when I told her what was going on. Sadly, no one from Service is in today, and she could not make me an appointment. They open at 7, should I bother calling or just show up? Hm.
Been there too. Mine kept weeping after the 3rd Dealer clean & goop attempt to stop it dripping.
Used a 42RLE PML aluminum pan and Lube Locker gasket. No more leaks.
Now I can pull the drain plug too, inbetween, to keep the ATF+4 fresh.
The dealer will offer a 1 year warranty on their work including the seal.
Good Luck...Have them check to make sure that the cheap pan is not bent.
As long as things are level, a LubeLocker gasket may work better too.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OEM in mine were Phillips 42 Watt # 9145. They were kinda yellowish and weak.
So I did the fog light mod (cut tab) and used a PIAA extreme white plus- (F-150 high beam 55 watt) which is way brighter & whiter. Will try to find a pic and edit it in shortly.
Edit 9005 ST is the upgrade 55 watt bulb, Shows how to cut tab in photo.
I used a old sharp knife, heated it red hot with propane torch and made the cut into the plastic. Clean cut, went in like butter!
You could use a Silverstar 9005 (ST) they are almost as white as the PIAA but not as long lasting.
Going up in wattage does heat the connector, mine has not melted or anything. I still only run them though for when I really need them.
By using the PIAA in the regular headlights, they are bright enough for basic use that often you dont need fogs on.
Ya putting the fogs on though, illuminates so much more of the lower roadway, it is night & day (LOL) difference!

Thanks, great info! I was trying to remember the upgrade. I seem to remember you posting this mod before but couldn't remember the bulb number. All I could remember was that it was from an F150. My Ranger runs 9006s in the fogs.

Guess mine must have been changed before then. Currently they are both the standard Sylvania 9145. Not cheap, still about 10$ for one bulb. They've always seemed very white to me. Next one that goes I'll do the upgrade and remember the heat issue. I'll try the PIAAs. Never used them before but see them mentioned often. I've had issues with Silverstars in other vehicles, brighter the bulb the shorter the life. Shouldn't be too surprised as they usually show this as a little chart right on the back of the package.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks...The Silver stars in 9005ST for upgrade are good enough.
PIAA in regular headlights are great too....but...
I just dont want you fainting ...when you see the price of the PIAA's !

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...I just dont want you fainting ...when you see the price of the PIAA's !

Not that I doubted you, but had to take a look to satisfy my curiosity. I bought a used car once for the price of three of those bulbs! :happy175:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brushed her off. Picked up a co-worker. Drove side-wards to work. Getting ready to do the opposite tonight.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hope you at least offered to drive him around occasionally! not the same as driving yourself, but better than nothing. :D

This was way before I was born.

Well second leg completed, in Ocala FL. In Atlanta issues with the ABS/TCS started and kept shutting the cruise off. It went away till I got into FL and then it was getting more frequent. Usually if this happens cruise continues to work fine. So hopefully the issue was that the pass side connector was flopping around and that putting the latch back on the bolt does the trick.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Not that I doubted you, but had to take a look to satisfy my curiosity. I bought a used car once for the price of three of those bulbs! :happy175:
:icon_lol: That's Funny!
:sorrysign: Just don't ask me to go car shopping with you !

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sneak previews????

Nothing big. And it's been done a couple of times before.:favorites37:

And now it looks like a couple of parts won't be delivered for two weeks. Hope they get here sooner. Stay tuned:shrug::happy175:

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...I bought a used car once for the price of three of those bulbs!
...Just don't ask me to go car shopping with you !
I bought a beat up piece of junk from a co-worker for $250 bucks. It didn't even make it the fifteen miles to the DMV to put tags on it. The guy felt sorry for me and gave me half my money back, which was nice of him as he had made it clear that the car had problems and was definitely an "as-is" deal. I don't even remember what brand, model or color it was. :icon_lol:

Members online

No members online now.