What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just including the fender to floor as a general reference. Since the wheels are the same each time they should give me a more accurate representation of overall lift change, since trying to be accurate to the center of the hub is a pain in the ass. :D

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the new radio, OEM rebuild with Aux Jack put in. Now no more having to deal with finding music while driving.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered something that I think will solve my battery connectivity problems...

You must be registered for see images attach

getting those will allow me to...
1) NOT cut the factory wiring to the battery (it has a lug terminal on it)
2) give me lug ports to connect power for the winch, plow, trailer wiring, and anything else I need to connect to the battery in the future.
3) if expansion needs are bigger than the 3 posts can support, I can use one to feed to a power distribution block later on.

for under $18 shipped for a pair, I figure it's worth a shot.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't happen today but yesterday. Replaced my drivers side LBJ... in the middle of the desert. Old ball joint snapped at the stud. Mangled my cv shaft and fawked up my fender when it let go on the trail. Had to hike 4-5 miles out and flag down a passer by; luckily for me there was a county road worker passing by who was quite helpful. Got my ol lady to pick me up went back home, got tools and managed to get a local jeep club member to give me a lift back to my jeep. Got it patched up enough to limp it home.

Just an fyi: MEVOTECH ball joints are pieces of shit! And the new Autozone Chinese piece of garbage ball joint doesn't fit properly. Luckily it held long enough to get me home.

Waiting for a new Moog joint to come in now.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As promised in my sig now for months, got new rubber on the KJ. Picked up a set of 265/70-16 Goodyear Duratracs to sit on the Moabs. I like the look but I'll have to do a bit of massaging with the heat gun on the fog light door and just below that. A bit of rubbing, but I expected it given these tires are about 1/2" taller than my 255/70's were. Dang things are quieter than the Destination AT's I had on before too :waytogo: Sorry for the crap picture - dark morning and too cold to stand out in the wind to get a good shot...

P.S. Rev. Mudd, my Rennie looks like yours did about 4 years ago :happy175:

You must be registered for see images

Bob

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
As promised in my sig now for months, got new rubber on the KJ. Picked up a set of 265/70-16 Goodyear Duratracs to sit on the Moabs. I like the look but I'll have to do a bit of massaging with the heat gun on the fog light door and just below that. A bit of rubbing, but I expected it given these tires are about 1/2" taller than my 255/70's were. Dang things are quieter than the Destination AT's I had on before too :waytogo: Sorry for the crap picture - dark morning and too cold to stand out in the wind to get a good shot...

P.S. Rev. Mudd, my Rennie looks like yours did about 4 years ago :happy175:

You must be registered for see images

Bob

Looks good Bob, we still need a picture of yours, Magalos' mine and Chris' together someday ! Time for me to change mine up some more now

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the air box bolted in or something?

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the air box bolted in or something?

Not that I know of. Mine (2003) has 3 rubber grommets that hold plastic pegs. Freaken hard to pull out some times though. Gotta try to do it carefully but forcefully as not to break the pegs.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the lift done on my 05 Limited after a few stumbling blocks that cost me a lot of down time. The first being the front springs missing from my original order after already having it tore down, the second being Amazon only sending three of the five Mickey Thompson 265/70/16's I ordered, then when I got the front springs and dropped them off at my mechanics shop and he called me saying one of the original spring isolators was missing. I was wondering why it didn't sit level when I first bought the Jeep. :hmm:

So, being in a small town with no Dodge/Jeep dealership, I had to order one from the dealer in Reno and picked it up yesterday and drove 70 miles one way home to give it to my mechanic. He got the tires mounted/balanced on the 16" Renegade rims and the springs put together so I put it back together this morning. If any one wants the specs, it is a complete OME kit with med springs front and rear, 1/4" top plates, 1/2" clevis spacers in the front and one extra isolator on each side in the rear.

Here are a couple of before and after shots. Actually, this is the only pic I have of it stock as I tore it apart within a week of owning it. :gr_grin:
It isnt aligned yet and I literally only went a few feet out of my shop to take the pic. I couldn't decide if I wanted the white letters out or in on the tires, so my wife made the decision. kopkrab.gif

Last edited:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thinking of opening a new credit card to do the regear, (want to regear asap , but don't want to go broke so 0% interest would be great for paying it off over a year)

now to decide what company to go with...

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the passenger side completely disassembled and the driver's side mostly there (just the rear UCA bolt to come out. tried to assemble the OME spring on the strut and holy CRAP that thing is massive! it needs to go another 2" before I can even think about putting on the top plate!

seriously considering taking it to a shop and having it done.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
got the passenger side completely disassembled and the driver's side mostly there (just the rear UCA bolt to come out. tried to assemble the OME spring on the strut and holy CRAP that thing is massive! it needs to go another 2" before I can even think about putting on the top plate!

seriously considering taking it to a shop and having it done.

Take it to a shop. Those things are dangerous and we'd like to keep you around for a while. :gr_grin:

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an appointment to get it aligned tomorrow morning, but took it around the block just to see how it drove. It wasn't too bad but wandered a bit. Next project is installing a used Renegade light bar. Here is another pic in front of our house. That Dark Khaki color sure looks better when the sun out....

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an appointment to get it aligned tomorrow morning, but took it around the block just to see how it drove. It wasn't too bad but wandered a bit. Next project is installing a used Renegade light bar. Here is another pic in front of our house. That Dark Khaki color sure looks better when the sun out....

Looks great man. Perfect color for living in Fallon. I'd have mine Line-X'ed that color if I lived there or a similar climate. Stockman's owned me for a night the last time I was there.:icon_lol: Annnnd today I re-geared. The Jeep feels so much better now when I step on the gas.